JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Annoying Accents.

When I hear an Aussie accent on the Televison boy it sounds wrong.

When I hear the Aussie accent it sounds very weird.

What accents Annoy you,?

I love hearing every other accent but the Aussie.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

That's so funny.....there is a really sweet Aussie sister from this site who calls me and I LOVE her accent.

I was really annoyed with my own accent also .......I worked hard to change it and now the accent checker says I'm neutral.......but I can't fool my own...I was far away up in North Dakota ordering something at McDonald's and the girl smiles really big and says "What part of West Virginia are you from,I'm from Parkersburg? " Good grief!:laugh:

Everybody elses accent I like but my own though.

That's so funny.....there is a really sweet Aussie sister from this site who calls me and I LOVE her accent.

I was really annoyed with my own accent also .......I worked hard to change it and now the accent checker says I'm neutral.......but I can't fool my own...I was far away up in North Dakota ordering something at McDonald's and the girl smiles really big and says "What part of West Virginia are you from,I'm from Parkersburg? " Good grief!:laugh:

Everybody elses accent I like but my own though.

That reminds me of a nurse I used to work with. She was an ER nurse for many years in Huntington, WV. She could tell which county the patient was from...just from their accent How astute !!!

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

"G'day mate" Australian accents, "And Noah done just so" Southern US/hillbilly accents and Swedish pronunciation of English (esp. Jehovah, Jesus, human, subject, George, city)

8-):pistols:

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

I LOVE different accents! My ears can make out almost any accent. My poor hubby cannot get help on the phone because companies have oursourced to India. Talking to 'Kevin' in India is like hearing, "Meow, meow, meow, meow." :shrugs:

The accent I like most is probably British, from Cockney to The Queen's English I just love hearing it. An Aussie accent is fun because it is so different. I have to really hear because it is so foreign. It keeps me on my toes.

I heard Brother Jackson's talks in person and loved his New Zealand sound. He made reference to having a "meh' sage" to relax. I almost laughed when he said it but held it in. He said it several more times. How fun! :ecstatic:

Are those Bogans like our Southerners here in the states? There are numerous accents of the South. In the states of Georgia and Virginia most people have a lovely lilt. In Alabama and Kentucky there is more of a twang or harsher sound.

My son can mimic almost any accent. Once in a drive-through of a fast food restaurant he ordered in a very thick Indian accent. The guy taking the order responded in the same accent. He ran out to see my son at the window to make sure he had not offended the customer. They both laughed at each other as neither of them were Indians.

I think my favorite accents are Scottish and Irish. The Scots have some really gutteral sounds that are hard for me to say but are sure fun to hear. Irish makes me smile. Love it!

I would love to hear your accent Melanie!

Yep Chris, our Bogans would be the equivalent of your Southerners hehe

Hahahaha love the experience with your son how hilarious! :laugh: My son who is almost 14 is always thinking of jokes to play through drive-thru at Maccas ( short for MacDonald's here) but I never let him do them lol, for example ordering a soft serve cone and picking it up by the top so you get ice cream everywhere, or ordering a cold drink and nearly dropping it pretending it's too cold to touch lol

My favourite accent would have to be the British I just love it but I love all accents too, anything different to my boring one!

I'd love to hear yours too Chris!

Whaaat? The Aussie accent is awesome! :)

Its funny..I love the Yankeee! accent. sounds tough. Not wimpy

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 3 weeks later...

Me too, my GPS has an Aussie giving me directions. Drives Grumpy crazy because he doesn't hear well, but my hearing is good so I love it.:headphones:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Vernalee I am laughing so much.. Those GPS. they are good if they send you in the right dirrection, but if you in a new town. Oh my. Very frustrating. We went to Tasmania nearly 4 years ago, I purchased a GPS . To help us get through the areas we were going to see. My hubby is a little familar with some parts of Tassie. But my daughter needed the hospital. the GPS took us every where but the hospital.LOL. I adjust the setting to American, Is easier to listen too. LOL.

Well apparently I have an annoying accent, lol. I from Chicago, I sound fine imo, but to the people in Texas where I live, they say I talk funny. I think they talk funny, lol.

I love Aussie accents, British Accents and Irish Accents.

Good Eye Mite surfergirl :wave:

(ref. to LindaL.'s video)

Whaaat? The Aussie accent is awesome! :)

Its funny..I love the Yankeee! accent. sounds tough. Not wimpy

A lot of Americans think the Australian accent sounds tough, myself included. We can probably thank Crocodile Dundee and the Crocodile Hunter for that. (I sense a theme here!) B)