JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hobbies?

As a hobby I grow many varieties of roses, rhododendrons, and azaleas, mostly roses. I also love to make home movie DVD and Blue-ray videos as well as occasional wedding and DC drama. Both hobbies are quite rewarding but also expensive.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Computers, my hobby for about 25 years, became my main business in 2003, but I still like building and tweaking them in my spare time. I also enjoy rooting Android devices and playing around flashing new ROMS. Then, of course, I enjoy my time on this forum as well as two other "witness" websites and a few Android forums. I like the techy stuff :borg:

I love learning languages. I am trying to learn Italian and I like to learn how to fix either mechanical. Detailing or any thing to do with stereos or computer. This is in my spare time.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

destiny, how many national parks have you been to? Which is your favorite and why? I have DVDs of all the parks in the USA because I figure I will not be able to afford the trips to see them in person. I am fascinated with them. Have you seen Ken Burns' films about the national parks and how they came to be, on PBS? Fantastic information!

My hubby and I have seen the Redwoods in Northern CA along with Niagra Falls in NY. Wonderful!

I crochet. My sister calls me 'the constant crocheter.' I feel like Ma in Little House On the Prairie because in those days a woman always had some hand work she did all the way until bedtime.

Hi Chris, I generally get the yearly pass that allows you to go to any state parks/lakes in your state, the fee is generally $6 or $7. I just recently started doing this, since I discovered how many lovely parks and lakes are in Arizona. I always wanted to go to the parks you mentioned. I took this pic a couple of weeks ago at a little seclueded road that I ventured onto and came upon this gem.

124680=6908-beautiful lake (600 x 450).j

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

I too love going to the National Parks also. This year I obtained the "Senior Pass" which allows lifetime free admission to National Parks and National Monuments for you and 3 additional adults (over 16). Children are free anyway. This year I have used it 3 times in the first 2 weeks after getting it. In total I have visited 22 of the NPs and NMs. The Senior Pass also gives one discounts on Camping inside NPs. One must be 62 or over to qualify for the pass and can be obtained at the entrance gate of any NP or NM.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Obviously I like web programming, namely html and php - as this is my jobby job here at JWTalk.

I also like music and karaoke. I have some sweet equipment and just DJ'ed a brothers large wedding reception this last weekend in a ballroom that seated 400+.

I also like juggling, but have neglected this as of late.

I was really into Koine Greek, but now that I have made the truth my own it's lost a lot of importance to me, although it helped build my spiritual foundation.

Occasionally I get into blogging about spiritual matters, usually when an unbelieving relative gets interested in something and still refuses to accept any literature.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I generally get the yearly pass that allows you to go to any state parks/lakes in your state, the fee is generally $6 or $7. I just recently started doing this, since I discovered how many lovely parks and lakes are in Arizona. I always wanted to go to the parks you mentioned. I took this pic a couple of weeks ago at a little seclueded road that I ventured onto and came upon this gem.

Very very nice pic.

WHen I went to Virginia Beach, we came home through Shenandoah National Park along Skyline Drive. Such awesome views 4000+ feet above everything else! I took tons of pics (available to certain trusted circles on Google Plus).

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Here is a couple more from the same place, I believe this is where the river comes to an end. It is just an old dirt road that I followed and came upon these. It is in AZ about 3 miles from the salt river. These were all captured from the camera on my phone.

125023=6923-Moses Bush (450 x 600).jpg

125023=6924-moses bush 2 (450 x 600).jpg

Growth Demands Change!

Those are great shots! I really like the one looking out from the reeds!

Me too, it reminds me of, where baby moses was hiding in the basket, when he was found.:)

Brings out your maternal instincts, huh? :laugh:

8-)

Growth Demands Change!

http://www.lenscape.com.au/imagesbig/McKenzie_Falls_Grampians.jpg

This is one of my favorite pass times. I visited the Grampians in South East Victoria this January. the falls were working 12yrs ago. but this time there had been land slides. the scope of the land has changed . A little.

I also love Dawn's photo's . There are similar places around The east side of Victoria. Beautiful & peaceful.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Dawnmarie those pics are wonderful. The second one really shows the striation lines in the rocks. And I love the pic Musky likes. Are those reeds or bamboo? I used to draw a lot of bamboo designs for my clients who did glass etching. Anyway, beautiful, and from your PHONE!

Gabe that one is so inviting. Cool rocks.

Dawnmarie those pics are wonderful. The second one really shows the striation lines in the rocks. And I love the pic Musky likes. Are those reeds or bamboo? I used to draw a lot of bamboo designs for my clients who did glass etching. Anyway, beautiful, and from your PHONE!

Gabe that one is so inviting. Cool rocks.

I think they are Cattails (Typha). They just don't have the spikes yet.

EDIT: Looking at them again, they may be too big for cattails.

Annie I think anyone who spins is really a crafts person. My best friend got raw wool, carted it, spun it and then crocheted a sweater from the yarn! Now that is going the extra mile. The only thing missing from that equation is shearing the sheep yourself! LOL

I read this: making beer is a craft, crocheting is an art. :notworthy:

If and when I have time, I enjoy all types of parks definitely the national ones with beauty and amazing things and all sorts of wildlife.

Thinkin of which, Bob whatever happened to your baby deer.

Then I adore horses and riding but only get around to riding every now and then. I went riding in palm springs last year. That was pretty cool. I enjoy archery and bowling and reading. Walking by ocean is nice. Saw totally amazing sunset last weekend down by Santa mOnica ca. Love sunsets. Would love to learn to paint them.

That's about it till I think of more

Angela