JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Barnes and noble nook big gripe

I downloaded it,

I had to allow the app by checking to allow it on my settings,it said it is a risk downloading from unknown sources so

I switched that back after I loaded the app...will it work okay?

Nancy, go here and download "JW reader" it is by far the best "Witness" app. In my opinion.

http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/index.php

If you have problems downloading it and you can get your email on your Nexus, let me know and I can email you the app.

Also, you may have to go into "settings" and then "security" and check the box next to "unknown sources" to allow it to install since it's not from the app market.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not unless you want to get apps from sorces other than Barnes & Noble. You need to have some skills to root it properly. I had to pay to get mine rooted.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

What app do you like for the ministry?

I like "On the ministry" the free version is nice, but the paid version is well worth the $2.40! It will mark your return visits by GPS and then map out a route for you when you are returning so you get to them in some kind of directional order instead of driving back and forth across your territory. It lets you enter a lot of information and as we know, the more the better!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=otm.ui&hl=en

Just tie a credit or debit card into your Google account, and then whenever you want to purchase an app, it will be deducted from that. I have bought $.99 apps that way and that's all that gets charged to my account.

I can do that...I have a little seperate bank card I only keep $30.00 on. Thanks for the info.

Just tie a credit or debit card into your Google account, and then whenever you want to purchase an app, it will be deducted from that. I have bought $.99 apps that way and that's all that gets charged to my account.

I can do that...I have a little seperate bank card I only keep $30.00 on. Thanks for the info.

That's what I do also. I've never had a problem using cards on the Internet, but why take chances :)

What's isilo for

It is an app that permits you to read files - like PDF reader lets you read PDF files.

There are isilo files out there that include the entire watchtower library, all the current Watchtowers. etc. Someone even puts together a weekly isilo file that has all the info for the week - day texts, service meeting, school,CBS, watchtower study and all the scriptures.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Where are the files located? At the Google store is it the app for $11.99. ?

What's isilo for

It is an app that permits you to read files - like PDF reader lets you read PDF files.

There are isilo files out there that include the entire watchtower library, all the current Watchtowers. etc. Someone even puts together a weekly isilo file that has all the info for the week - day texts, service meeting, school,CBS, watchtower study and all the scriptures.

A good place to start is Meekspace.com

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

That's not bad, it's usually $16:00!

As Jerry said, you need to join meekspace. Once you register and log in to the site, you will be able to access all of the isilo (pdb) files.

And the meekspace forum will help you with any issues you might have.

Bummer. I don't have watchtower library with me to join meekspace. I only have watchtower online with me. Is isilo something that would be good for a nook? Also was using downloaded bible, but you cant specify which chapter and verse you want. I can go to that book but have to manually go through each chapter. That kind of desnt work so well when looking for a scripture. Any suggestions for that?

Thanks Angela

Bummer. I don't have watchtower library with me to join meekspace. I only have watchtower online with me. Is isilo something that would be good for a nook? Also was using downloaded bible, but you cant specify which chapter and verse you want. I can go to that book but have to manually go through each chapter. That kind of desnt work so well when looking for a scripture. Any suggestions for that?

Thanks Angela

Can you download and install JW Reader? The bible that is included in that app lets you go right to the book, chapter and verse that you want.

Try downloading it here and then see if you can install it.

http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/index.php

Nook doesnt seem to like jwreader. Any other suggestions?

If the Nook you have uses Android then it should work. I know that you may not get the "Google play" store unless you are rooted, but a direct download of a Android app should work. You may need to go into settings and enable the installation of apps from "unknown sources".

• 3 weeks later...

If money was no object, what would be the best tablet, all theocratic things considered? I don't mean money is no object and I don't need all the bells and whistles, but I do want what will work best for theocratic purposes. I am computer literate and was thinking the new Ipad mini maybe a good choice.