JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

China plans to build the worlds largest skyscraper in just 90 days

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4161 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If only constructing a skyscraper were as easy as stacking Legos. Then, we’d be throwing together 200-story towers in a matter of weeks, just clicking blocks together until we got bored. But the idea isn’t so far-fetched: if China’s Broad Sustainable Building Corp. is doing its math and crossing its ts properly, it could be topping out a 2,749-ft.-tall skyscraper — the world’s tallest — in just three months.

Starting in January, the race will be on against what seems to be an impossibly short deadline. Broad is allotting just 90 days to construct the 220-story tower, dubbed Sky City, in the city of Changsha, in China’s southeastern Hunan province — meaning the building will go up at a rate of about five stories a day, according to Construction Week Online.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/11/20/china-plans-to-build-the-worlds-largest-skyscraper-in-just-90-days/#ixzz2Ctsd5zeC

I understand that it must inherent in man to build incredibly high buildings, although as a woman I say "WHY?" :? But to do so in such a fast pace is truly beyond me. I wonder how long it took to build the pyramids?

What would Sigmund Freud say about that? :whistling:

All I can think of about their deadline is that they are not an RBC, so I doubt they will get it done on schedule! :laugh: