JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What type of pets do you have? Want to have?

Pink Petal

I have a Border Collie/Chow mix and a Holland Lop Rabbit. If I could get anymore pets I would love to have:

- A Pig

- A Cow

- A Ferret

- A Parakeet

- A Rat

- A Mouse

- A Lion

- And a Bear :heart:

Most of those I'll have to wait for the New System. Come on New System! :ecstatic:

What kind of pet do you have or want? :)

I have a mini Daschund named Hunter, he's extremely possessive of me and will happily take someones arm off if they invade my space...he's totally fearless and on the job 24/7.....

We have a black and white kitty, she's very mean....she was mean when I adopted her from the shelter....she's my sons cat and hangs with him, the dog and cat love each other and I find them sleeping together when he's not in his kennel.

I would love a nice comfy horse, tan with a white mane .A friendly horse who likes to be ridden. I'd also like a rooster and some hens and chicks and some goats to milk.Baby goats are really cute.

Over the years we have had all kinds of animals, dogs,cats,rabbits, chickens, turkeys, ducks, giunea pigs, cows, horses,pigs, sheep, & goats. One of my sons had a rat snake, the other son had a taranula and before that he had a mouse. We wanted the kids to experience all kinds of animals and learn how to care for them. My daughter has always had dogs and horses and still has three of them that she rides all the time, summer and winter. She has Arabians and every year she takes part in Competitive Trail rides which she almost always takes the top prize, both in conditioning and horsemanship. I would still love to have a flock of chickens but it is too cold to have them up here. It is way too expensive to keep them heated all winter. In the new world I want to have all kinds of animals- I love them all!!

We have a yo-chon, 1/2 yorkie and 1/2 bichon frisse`, anyways, he will be 1 in January! We just had him neutered. His name is Biscuit.... (my youngest daughter chose it, and the other 2 agreed)! They liked the series of books about Biscuit the dog!

www.amazon.com/Biscuit-Storybook-Collection-Alyssa

We have:

dogs: an old lady boxer mix, a big baby great dane, a Jack-a-chi female with a little girl complex.

a red eared slider turtle named steve

an albino water frog that is about 8 years old

a spoiled teenager cat

9 rabbits: we don't eat them

a fish named "fincenzo"

:)

going to get...

milk goats (I use the milk for my handmade soap and cheese. And it tastes good too.)

chickens.. for the eggs and also they are just so funny to watch.

some day ... horses.

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Ya. Love horses always wanted to have one or a few. Love the Arabian & the Palamino. Indian & a shetlan pony. & a Clydesdale. They are breath taking. A Dolphin or 2. Some goats & Jersey's a Husky. Maybe tame a White pointer. Lol.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I have three cats. My brother (we live together) is a dog person and hates my cats. We live in a mobile home park and can't have a dog. I had two of my cats when my brother and I decided to live together. He almost divorced me when I got the third one. He had accepted the two because I already had them and was a package deal. In the New World, I will still have cats, a black leopard, a lion, and most other big cats.

• 2 weeks later...

We have four cats: one black and white moggie and three Bengal cats. It can be bedlam at times! Until quite recently we also had a huge tropical fish aquarium, but it took too much time and energy to look after, so we found a good home for it and its beautiful residents! In the future, once I have regained fitness and stamina, I'd love to keep horses.

Sue

I have a long-haired black cat with grey Angora fur down her belly. Phoebe is about 12 or 13 years old. I would love another one, but my landlord agreed to let me have one when I moved in 6 years ago. I would love to have any big cat in the new system - tiger, lion, cougar, etc. I would also love to have a Panda. These will all have to wait until the new system!

Jerry---I've got a dog big enough for you to ride on but I have not been able to teach him how to fly. This is Mijo (Spanish for my little boy) and his biggest fan Teeny Marie! He is 160# of pure love and Teeny is 9 # of mischief. She will actually ride on his back at times. She will be up on our bed which she gets on by hopping onto the chaise lounge then leaping over onto the bed. She will cry because she is now stuck on the bed and he will go to her rescue by standing at the bedside and she will step onto his back and he will take her to the living room where he lets her jump to the sofa. They are amazing best friends. I really need to capture this on video.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Leslie...please do get your 2 playmates on video. I'l love to see her ride on the big dogs' back!!

I have Peachy- a Lhasa Opso (?) I bought her at 9 weeks old, only one I have bought, she is the princess and totally adorable. she bounces when she runs and her ears, like pony tails, flop!

I have Herculese- he's Schtzu (?) and he's the controller, the other 2 can't play around without him barking making sure they stop it!!

Then we have Chester- Bishon.....all lovable Bishon. He cannot get enough cuddling. He was rescued from California, a high kill state, and he was severly abused BUT with all the lovin' we and several bro's and sisters give he's known as the lover!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 5 months later...

I have a rescue mix Chihuahua/Small Rat Terrier.  He was a blessing from Jehovah.  He is now 6 years old and came train and whoever had him before, trained him well.  His name is Spike (sounds corney) but I named him after an Italian movie I saw some years ago.  An old man after the war, lost everything, he was about to kill himself when this little dog came to his rescue.  Because of this dog's unconditional love, he helped the man get a grip on life after the war (WWII) and life went on.  He called him Spike.  My little baby did the same for me, though I was not in WWII.  That's my story on my little baby.  And recently (I didn't know till it happened) my mom is deaf (86 percent), one day, I was in another room, all of a sudden the phone rang (loud) and the dog began to bark, jumped off the sofa where my mother was and his barking got her up and he walked her to the phone.  He stopped barking when she answered it.  I was amazed!    All animals are amazing and that's why many of us love them so. 

We have a big furry dog that looks like the one from the Traveler's Insurance commercial, a Chihuahua without the Chihuahua personality and two cats. Have had all kinds of pets. Hamsters, birds, fish, two turtles (named Sam and Ella), caterpillars that turned into moths, and tadpoles that turned into frogs. In the New System I know my daughter will always have some kind of big cat. And I want an Appaloosa horse like I had when I was a kid...and a bird to sit on my shoulder again. :)

I would love to have a pet cat or dog. Grumpy won't allow anymore pets. We have had many pets over the years. The last one I had was a cat, Maine Coon, and her name was Olivia. She got sick and I couldn't care for her properly, and she died. :(  I really miss having pets.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I would love to have a dragon - big enough to fly on. If that isn't possible, how about a pterodactyls big enough to ride? :yes:

Or a velociraptor?  Although, I think they only got up to about 33 lbs., so it might only be good for the kids.  <g>

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I have a Dachshund mix named Maxie.  He is 13 years old, but not in the best of health (Cushing's disease and the beginnings of heart failure<sigh>).  I love him so much.  I have always loved animals so much that it just brings me to my knees when they pass away.  I have had dogs, cats, hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, budgies, finches, and fish, and I loved them all.  If Maxie passes away before the GT, I do not think I will get another pet, just because I worry that, during the GT, things will be so bad that I won't be able to care for them properly, and it feels like that day is not far off.  Of course, I say that, but my heart always melts when I see the 'pet of the week' in the paper or walk by an adoption event at a Petco or Petsmart.    (This would be a good place to put a smiley face petting a dog<g>)

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻