JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mr Deity Series

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4136 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Has anyone ever heard of this series? It seems to be some kind of satire on religion.

Someone posted the series youtube episode about the trinity on a site that I monitor.

It was kind of funny because it was about its confusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Deity

http://www.tubefilter.com/2008/01/01/review-of-mr-deity/

Didn't check this particular clip yet. However, if you have a look at the episode list also found on the same Wikipedia page, it doesn't seem like they are making fun about just the trinity. I find it almost offensive just reading some of the episode descriptions...as if Jesus, as portrayed in the series, would be doing something NOT in accordance to his Father's will (John 5:19, Hebrews 12:2, Philippians 2:6, 7). Or that God (Jehovah) would not be interested in hearing prayers (James 4:8, 1 Peter 5:6, 7). Sounds more like what the Bible reveals to us Satan, his adversary, is like--as well as what he is doing to hinder people from gaining knowledge of the only true God! (1 Peter 5:8, Hebrews 12:3, 2 Corinthians 4:2-6).

Sounds like a typical case of atheists trying to be witty and making fun of the biblical teachings by obscuring their true meaning. True, many of Christendom's central doctrines, such as the trinity, get their fair share, but I feel that likewise do many of the teachings (as in scriptures quoted above) I hold dear as an individual witness of Jehovah.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29