JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What did Eve say..

You wonder why Jehovah didn't create them together.

Because woman had to come from the man

(Genesis 2:23, 24) . . .This one will be called Woman, Because from man this one was taken.”

24 That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.

Adam and Eve were one flesh literally. Jehovah wanted to make a bond between them, unlike animals who were created differently.

Human life was to be especially unique.

I have heard it expressed that Eve was the first human clone. Jehovah built her from Adam's DNA which means they then shared the same DNA. Interesting way to look at it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Genesis 2:23, 24) . . .This one will be called Woman, Because from man this one was taken.”

24 That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.

Adam and Eve were one flesh literally. Jehovah wanted to make a bond between them, unlike animals who were created differently.

I have heard it expressed that Eve was the first human clone. Jehovah built her from Adam's DNA which means they then shared the same DNA. Interesting way to look at it.

:exclamation: So Adam married and had children by his identical twin? No wonder humanity is so messed up! :tongue:

:exclamation: So Adam married and had children by his identical twin? No wonder humanity is so messed up! :tongue:

Yeah, I figure Jehovah mixed it up a little when he put Eve together! :)

So what was happening with Adam and Eve after they met and how much time can we assume

passed before they sinned given the circumstances?

Why did not Eve conceive, if that time could be up to 100 years, as has been suggested?

Obviously it must have been the case that Adam and Eve would remain childless during this time

but I am not sure why that should be so.

Some have suggested that - it was not until after the sin that God "opened" Eve's womb. It is conceivable (pun intended) that Jehovah would have kept her womb closed for a short period of time / during an adjustment period. And that it wasn't until a "set amount of time" that He would open it. As it happens that time was AFTER the test. We know there was a "tree of life" and they were not permitted to eat from it- perhaps until a set period of time to prove their loyalty (in not eating of the tree in the middle) passed. Why not - prevent children until the same amount of time passed? Wouldn't that be wise?

Another possibility is - they did not think or reason on having progeny and caring on the family - until AFTER the idea of mortality set in. Know that they MUST have children if humans were to continue - they got right to it after being kicked out of the garden.

Any number of ideas is possible. As noted earlier - we'll have to ask in the New World as I am certain Abel had this as a question. He could also inform us as to the length of time Adam was alone prior to Eve creations.

id have to agree here with jerry. Jehovah probably didnt open up her womb for a set time if she was pregnant right away cause she was perfect then come many other factors with chicldren and whatnow. Im sure Jehovah wanted to watch and see how the two interacted and worked together prior to having children

as far as the original question at hand im sure she said "hubba hubba" cause he was quite a hunk (being perfect and all lol

The bible only mentions the times they had intercourse that led to conceiving, not every time they had sex, and then only the times needed for the bible record. So the statement at Gen 4:1 was the time Cain was conceived, it may not be the first time they had sex.

Of course when the command to be fruitful was given, they had forever, so maybe choose to wait. God would had "the talk" with them about such things. They also had full control over their sexual feelings.

I think that is an interesting point about getting to know each other first. Think about it, they were married to each other but hadn't even been on a date.

[Maybe they were to naieve to know better. ]

Gen 3:6b

Afterward she gave some also to her husband when with her and he began eating it.7Then the eyes of both of them became opened and they began to realize that they were naked. Hence they sewed fig leaves together and made loin coverings for themselves. [They finally knew they were naked.]

8Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife went into hiding from the face of Jehovah God in between the trees of the garden.9And Jehovah God kept calling to the man and saying to him: “Where are you?”10Finally he said: “Your voice I heard in the garden, but I was afraid because I was naked and so I hid myself.”11At that he said: “Who told you that you were naked? [Now they really knew they were naked.]

[i suppose that they really didn't know about sex until after they were removed from paradise. I guess Adam read that part of the manual then. ]

[i suppose that they really didn't know about sex until after they were removed from paradise. I guess Adam read that part of the manual then. ]

Years ago Bro Franz was visiting our Circuit and he gave a talk about this. I'll never forget what he said, "If I was naked, with a beautiful woman, it wouldn't take me long to figure it all out, and I'm an imperfect man, and a bachelor." His thought was that it just wasn't the first thing on Adam's mind, and we, of course, don't have any idea how long they were in the "Garden" before the sin.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Good point. Imagine if they had only been "together" for a few weeks before the sin. It is entirely possible.

It does take a while for intimacy to develop.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

ure comments are so enlighting and funny too..

Adam and Eve were blessed with a freewill to choose-taking in family planning decisions.Just a thought that they planned freely on when to have kids.....and it ends up when they were out of paradise.......so its neither were satan or jehovah interventions.

• 1 year later...