JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What did Eve say..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They probably had kids later.

1 because Adam was too busy naming the Animals.or trying to make tools & maybe trying to learn to make beer for the tough days he spent plowing.

2.Eve was waiting for Adam to serenade her with that 60s song. The Game Of Love.

It started long ago in the Garden of Eden when Adam said to Eve..Oh yeah..:dance:

He said to her baby your for me. :dance:..So take my hand..da di da....

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I wonder if she asked about fertility tips? It sure did take a while before she became pregnant AND they were perfect.

It's an interesting point. One I have wondered about before.

Here we have Adam waiting for his "mate" ( Don't really like to use this word but anyway)...

He said

This is at last bone of my bones..

So he must have been waiting for quite a while.

I find it a little confusing to think that Adam and Eve did not have some kind of intimate relationship in paradise.

What's your take on this?

I think when a couple gets married they usually spend their wedding night together...and I really can't see Adam telling Eve that's her bed over there , and he was sleeping somewhere else.:perplexed:

I bet he had her right next to him, wrapped up in his arms really tight from that very first night.

I find it a little confusing to think that Adam and Eve did not have some kind of intimate relationship in paradise.

I read that a woman can only conceive about 3-5 days out of the month. A few days or weeks is more than enough time for Satan to begin his rebellion prior to when she would have conceived. He probably did it before on purpose.

I wonder if she asked about fertility tips? It sure did take a while before she became pregnant AND they were perfect.

It's an interesting point. One I have wondered about before.

Here we have Adam waiting for his "mate" ( Don't really like to use this word but anyway)...

He said

This is at last bone of my bones..

So he must have been waiting for quite a while.

I think when a couple gets married they usually spend their wedding night together...and I really can't see Adam telling Eve that's her bed over there , and he was sleeping somewhere else.:perplexed:

I bet he had her right next to him, wrapped up in his arms really tight from that very first night.

Adam may have been too sore to do anything for a few days. He did just have major surgery and the area that the rib was removed from may have taken time to heal. Perfect or not. Jesus was perfect, but he still felt pain. So maybe it was "not tonight Eve, I have a sideache" for a while. :laugh:

Seriously all jokes aside

I have often wondered about this point and was thinking maybe it took time for both Adam and Eve to develop to an emotional mature level where they could have an intimate relationship.

Now Adam had intercourse with Eve his wife and she became pregnant. In time she gave birth to Cain and said: “I have produced a man with the aid of Jehovah.” 2 Later she again gave birth, to his brother Abel.If we look at things from our time-line Eve was already a great, great, great grandmother[ when she gave birth to Seth so the normal cycle of a woman's fertility 50-60 or so years in todays life and although we can't know for sure the age of the women getting pregnant I feel it is reasonable to conclude that their child bearing years far exceed those of today/ young girls mature emotionally very quickly and are ready (well some are) at about 20 or so years of age. because of our shortened life span. so maybe they took longer to mature??? just a thoughti]

Afterward Cain had intercourse with his wife and she became pregnant and gave birth to E′noch. Then he engaged in building a city and called the city’s name by the name of his son E′noch. 18 Later there was born to E′noch I′rad. And I′rad became father to Me·hu′ja·el, and Me·hu′ja·el became father to Me·thu′sha·el, and Me·thu′sha·el became father to La′mech.

And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.

Seriously all jokes aside

I have often wondered about this point and was thinking maybe it took time for both Adam and Eve to develop to an emotional mature level where they could have an intimate relationship.

Now Adam had intercourse with Eve his wife and she became pregnant. In time she gave birth to Cain and said: “I have produced a man with the aid of Jehovah.” 2 Later she again gave birth, to his brother Abel.If we look at things from our time-line Eve was already a great, great, great grandmother[ when she gave birth to Seth so the normal cycle of a woman's fertility 50-60 or so years in todays life and although we can't know for sure the age of the women getting pregnant I feel it is reasonable to conclude that their child bearing years far exceed those of today/ young girls mature emotionally very quickly and are ready (well some are) at about 20 or so years of age. because of our shortened life span. so maybe they took longer to mature??? just a thoughti]

Afterward Cain had intercourse with his wife and she became pregnant and gave birth to E′noch. Then he engaged in building a city and called the city’s name by the name of his son E′noch. 18 Later there was born to E′noch I′rad. And I′rad became father to Me·hu′ja·el, and Me·hu′ja·el became father to Me·thu′sha·el, and Me·thu′sha·el became father to La′mech.

And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters.

Interesting, where do you get the part about Eve "already" being a "great, great, great grandmother"?

.Actually she would have more than a grt grt grt grandmother I know Genesis isn't written in chronological order and sometimes things are repeated and I probably am totally wrong but straight after listing all of Cains Descendants it says

And Adam proceeded to have intercourse again with his wife and so she gave birth to a son and called his name Seth, because, as she said: “God has appointed another seed in place of Abel, because Cain killed him.” 26 And to Seth also there was born a son and he proceeded to call his name E′nosh. At that time a start was made of calling on the name of Jehovah. You are probably right Eve could have had Seth at the same time as one of Cains' descents just because the Bible accounts lists all of Cain descents then talks about Adam I suppose that doesn't create a proper time line

I know what I want to say but am having trouble explaining it which just goes to prove your point on the women's manual. Chuck please turn to vol.22 page 2,0987 par.55

ok continuing

5 This is the book of Adam’s history. In the day of God’s creating Adam he made him in the likeness of God. 2 Male and female he created them. After that he blessed them and called their name Man in the day of their being created.

And Adam lived on for a hundred and thirty years. Then he became father to a son in his likeness, in his image, and called his name Seth. 4 And the days of Adam after his fathering Seth came to be eight hundred years. Meanwhile he became father to sons and daughters. 5 So all the days of Adam that he lived amounted to nine hundred and thirty years and he died.

My point was Eve was still bearing children when Adam was 130 although we don't know the age difference between them I personally feel she would have been past the age of to-days menopause because she would have given birth to other children after Seth. Although many of Adams children took multiple wives the bible doesn't say Adam did.

This is all hypothetical but the evidence seems to point that Eve and maybe other women were fertile for a much longer time before the flood so maybe Eve took longer to reach sexual maturity just a thought

Eve had Cain mother Cain had intercourse with his wife and she became pregnant and gave birth to E′noch.Enoch was Eves Grandchild Then he engaged in building a city and called the city’s name by the name of his son E′noch. 18 Later there was born to E′noch I′rad.I'rad Eves, Great grand child And I′rad became father to Me·hu′ja·el, Mehujael great great grand child and Me·hu′ja·el became father to Me·thu′sha·el,great great great grand child and Me·thu′sha·el became father to La′mech. great great great greatthen La;mech and so on and so on

Well, that is an interesting thought, Eve was his wife when given to Adam.When they consecrated that marriage we don't know for sure but you raised an interesting question. If Cain had children before Seth was born his wife must have been his sister, yet we had a recent question from readers saying she may have been a niece.Which would mean one of Seth's daughters.I can't look it up right now, I have morning meetings!So, need to go!

We know Eve had grandchildren, and great, great grandchildren, etc. because she was the "mother of all who lived". Everybody on earth is her grandchild many many generations removed. But we can't say how many generations of children were born when she gave birth to Seth. As you said, Genesis is not in chronological order, we just don't know. I'm not saying it isn't possible. The Bible lists Seth as Adam and Eve's third child when Adam was 130 years old, and then Adam lived on 800 years and "meanwhile became father to son's and daughters". It seems to say these "sons and daughters came after Seth's birth. But again we don't know for sure.

As far as Eve's childbearing years, I'm sure they were far longer then a women's eventually became after the flood and down to today. If lifespans were almost 1,000 years then and these were people very close to physical perfection, then childbearing could have continued for them for hundreds of years. We can't ask Able, because he won't know, but Enoch, Noah and others can tell us :)

The bible only mentions the times they had intercourse that led to conceiving, not every time they had sex, and then only the times needed for the bible record. So the statement at Gen 4:1 was the time Cain was conceived, it may not be the first time they had sex.

Of course when the command to be fruitful was given, they had forever, so maybe choose to wait. God would had "the talk" with them about such things. They also had full control over their sexual feelings.

I think that is an interesting point about getting to know each other first. Think about it, they were married to each other but hadn't even been on a date.

The bible only mentions the times they had intercourse that led to conceiving, not every time they had sex, and then only the times needed for the bible record. So the statement at Gen 4:1 was the time Cain was conceived, it may not be the first time they had sex.

Of course when the command to be fruitful was given, they had forever, so maybe choose to wait. God would had "the talk" with them about such things. They also had full control over their sexual feelings.

I think that is an interesting point about getting to know each other first. Think about it, they were married to each other but hadn't even been on a date.

So we can at least conclude that some kind of intimate relationship was being nurtured and that Satan was

pulling out all the stops on Eve to make sure she disobeyed before she became pregnant, and succeeded.

So it must have been a relatively short time from her creation to her disobedient act.

Probably Satan had all this worked out before Eve was created so he was ready and waiting.

What if she became pregnant before being disobedient? Opens up a hypothetical discussion, I guess.

But, as they say, food for thought.

So we can at least conclude that some kind of intimate relationship was being nurtured and that Satan was

pulling out all the stops on Eve to make sure she disobeyed before she became pregnant, and succeeded.

So it must have been a relatively short time from her creation to her disobedient act.

Probably Satan had all this worked out before Eve was created so he was ready and waiting.

What if she became pregnant before being disobedient? Opens up a hypothetical discussion, I guess.

So, you're saying that Satan knew that Jehovah was going to create Eve, a companion for Adam?

So, you're saying that Satan knew that Jehovah was going to create Eve, a companion for Adam?

Well I can't say that he actually knew but surely just as Adam saw male and female around him in the animal kingdom he was probably waiting for Jehovah to provide a female for him.

here is at last bone of my bone

I guess it wouldn't take too much for Satan to come to the same conclusion being a far more intelligent creature than Adam.

Do you think it strange that he would be aware of Jehovah's purpose?

While on the subject, I have a doubt.

Is it true that the Bible Says after creating Eve, God rested. I always think the other way.....??

Gen 1:26 And God went on to say: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth.” 27 And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them. 28 .....................................................................................

31 After that God saw everything he had made and, look! [it was] very good. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a sixth day.

Then it talks about other things not the creation of Eve...........Genesis it is not in chronological order and it often repeats itself because it isn't until Chapter 2:18 it talks about the creation of Eve And Jehovah God went on to say: “It is not good for the man to continue by himself. I am going to make a helper for him, as a complement of him.”

but in Gen 1:27 it does state he made them male and female

Yes Genesis Chapter 1 is an over view of all creation.

Then chapter 2 is specific about the creation of Adam and Eve. It then continues chronologically from there.

Chapter 5 starts the genealogical history to Noah - in chronological order.

As to how long Adam and Ever were together before the sin - the Bible does not say. We can easily summize it was less than 100 years as Adam had Seth at 130 and this was AFTER Cain killed Abel. So they needed enough time for Cain and Abel to be born, grow up, become raisers of sheep and growers of food and then for Cain to be jealous and kill Abel.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Yes Genesis Chapter 1 is an over view of all creation.

Then chapter 2 is specific about the creation of Adam and Eve. It then continues chronologically from there.

Chapter 5 starts the genealogical history to Noah - in chronological order.

As to how long Adam and Ever were together before the sin - the Bible does not say. We can easily summize it was less than 100 years as Adam had Seth at 130 and this was AFTER Cain killed Abel. So they needed enough time for Cain and Abel to be born, grow up, become raisers of sheep and growers of food and then for Cain to be jealous and kill Abel.

Jehovah creates Adam

He is by himself and given assignments

After an undetermined time Jehovah says:

(Genesis 2:18) . . .And Jehovah God went on to say:

“It is not good for the man to continue by himself.

I am going to make a helper for him, as a complement of him.”

Why was it not good for the man to continue by himself?

One reason no doubt is that it was Jehovah's purpose to fill the earth with humankind.

(Genesis 1:27, 28) . . .in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.

28 Further, God blessed them and God said to them:

“Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, . . .

So when Adam said

(Genesis 2:23) . . .“This is at last bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh.. . .

He no doubt was appreciating the fact that he ( they) could now implement Jehovah's purpose

as well as that he was happy to finally have a companion.

Now what do we think would be the natural consequence of this?

Does Adam say " thank you very much for providing the female for me, now for the next

100 years I'll just get on with naming the animals and whatnot"

Eve no doubt would need a " settling in" time, but for how long can we imagine that the two would

not have some kind of relationship in order to carry out Jehovah's purpose for them?

And as mentioned before Satan is on the prowl to get his purpose carried out.

So what was happening with Adam and Eve after they met and how much time can we assume

passed before they sinned given the circumstances?

Why did not Eve conceive, if that time could be up to 100 years, as has been suggested?

Obviously it must have been the case that Adam and Eve would remain childless during this time

but I am not sure why that should be so.

So what was happening with Adam and Eve after they met and how much time can we assume

passed before they sinned given the circumstances?

Why did not Eve conceive, if that time could be up to 100 years, as has been suggested?

Obviously it must have been the case that Adam and Eve would remain childless during this time

but I am not sure why that should be so.

Some have suggested that - it was not until after the sin that God "opened" Eve's womb. It is conceivable (pun intended) that Jehovah would have kept her womb closed for a short period of time / during an adjustment period. And that it wasn't until a "set amount of time" that He would open it. As it happens that time was AFTER the test. We know there was a "tree of life" and they were not permitted to eat from it- perhaps until a set period of time to prove their loyalty (in not eating of the tree in the middle) passed. Why not - prevent children until the same amount of time passed? Wouldn't that be wise?

Another possibility is - they did not think or reason on having progeny and caring on the family - until AFTER the idea of mortality set in. Know that they MUST have children if humans were to continue - they got right to it after being kicked out of the garden.

Any number of ideas is possible. As noted earlier - we'll have to ask in the New World as I am certain Abel had this as a question. He could also inform us as to the length of time Adam was alone prior to Eve creations.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

You wonder why Jehovah didn't create them together.

Because woman had to come from the man

(Genesis 2:23, 24) . . .This one will be called Woman, Because from man this one was taken.”

24 That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.

Adam and Eve were one flesh literally. Jehovah wanted to make a bond between them, unlike animals who were created differently.

Human life was to be especially unique.