JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Darwin Day forces holiday calendar to evolve

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4061 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The first ever Darwin Day celebrates the life of Charles Darwin, best known for his theory of evolution. The holiday calendar is evolving, but not without controversy. Feb. 12, 2013, is the first ever "Darwin Day," celebrating the scientist best-known for his theory of evolution. Feb. 12 was also Charles Darwin's 204th birthday. Rest of story HERE

Gosh, I missed it. Well maybe because it is better known as "All Dimwitt's Day." Maybe you know it by another name???

146370=8062-Charles Dimwitt.jpg

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

The first ever Darwin Day celebrates the life of Charles Darwin

When I saw the topic posted, I immediately thought - Darwin Day???

I thought it was a special day for the city of Darwin, Northern Territories, Australia!

And THEN I thought - do we get the day off work for it ???????

:thumbsup:

I thought that this was a joke, but apparently there is a movement to make it a holiday. Here is a news article

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/02/12/darwin_day_feb_12_2013_set_to_celebrate_the_creator_of_the_idea_of_evolution.html

and here is the site to a foundation that is organizing events and lobbies to governments to make it an international holiday

http://darwinday.org/

They even changed the Beatles' "Revolution" to make the first Darwin Day song - "Evolution"

(I WON'T put the link to that one here!!)