JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

jwtalks : Theocratic Talks

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4062 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

jwtalks : Theocratic Talks..

I was looking for something else and came accross this sight, I wanted to know if anyone has heard of this sight and is it ok? thanks Gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

jwtalks : Theocratic Talks..

I was looking for something else and came accross this sight, I wanted to know if anyone has heard of this sight and is it ok? thanks Gabe

I believe you are referring to Bro Steve Ks site...I have used it, I, and others, have many many talks recorded that we have got from Steves site...

The Slave has issued cautions, and rightfully so, about Internet usage and the dangers contained therein...

It is kinda like driving on the hi-way or surfing big water....there ARE dangers, and we must be aware of, and watch for,them...

It is a decision only you can make...My conscious allows me to use his site for the gold mine of information that I feel it is...Steve has many thousands of talks and things that you wont find anywhere else...You are smart enough, and recognize the Truth when you hear it and you wont be likely to surf apostate sites or listen to trash that they post...

Also, I believe that Steves father is a member of this board here, as I have seen him post a number of times...

Gabe, you decide---I like it, I use it...others may not, and that is their choice.....just be careful if you do..:sunshine:

I LOVE and collect every talk on that website. However, I literally share this with nobody in my congregation. It's okay for me to have the talks, but as far as sharing with everyone? Nope. It's ok to have this goldmine as a personal treasure island but the FDS doesn't want us sharing these talks and they have perfectly fine reasons for saying so. Steve prefers to keep the website up regardless.

I used to think "why can't we share talks from other congregations? What's so bad?" and then just a few of several reasons came to my mind.

1. Keep in mind that many of the talks are outdated and not entirely correct with our understanding today. Don't forget that MOST, almost ALL of the talks on that website are from 1970-1990! Do you know what that means? That means there's heaps upon heaps of incorrect information in those talks if you pay enough attention. However, that doesn't mean every one of them are incorrect, I'm just making the point that they're old talks!

2. Did you know that most of those talks are CO visit talks? Good talks indeed! However, did you also know that some congregations need specific counsel by the CO and so they may get a little blunt at times and have to really counsel a congregation? This means that many talks may have "congregation specific" counsel that applies to them, and not every person around the world who downloads the audio for a good ol' Bible discourse? Someone in another country can download one of these talks and say "hey this isn't right!".

Also, some could even complain about false information... oh boy, then we have apostates that can use them... I mean the list goes on and on why we aren't supposed misuse them. These reasons, among many others is why I chose to just keep these talks for personal use or close friends who understand all of this. We need to make sure information is accurate too. We could mistakenly even spread an inaccurate teaching to a brother or sister and then they turn around and share it with another and it becomes a big thing in the congregation ALL because of sharing a talk that we should have kept to ourselves.

To be quite honest though - I'm sure most of the friends wouldn't make this a problem. But don't forget who Jehovah has left in charge of our spiritual FEEDING - what we digest and take in... It is the "Faithful and DISCREET slave". No, not the "Faithful and CARELESS Slave". So if you ask me I would say they are doing an absolutely incredible job at being discreet they way the Bible predicted they would. Should we be surprised? It only makes sense that the spiritual chefs and nutritionists who are in charge of cooking our spiritual meals make sure we digest the right things. Actually, the FDS has more say in these audio talks than anyone else.

Did I sound too strict? I wasn't trying to be but it's all true lol

Thanks Tim & Marcus.

I appreciate your imput its fine &good to know.

I only got the internet 3 yrs ago still discovering.

Ive accidently stumbled accross a site or 2 I thought had to do with us & found. Silly mistake.

Now I'd rather know the +& -.

I do enjoy listening to different talks. Love hearing different expressions helps improve the vocab.

If it is safe I will check it out.

I do know what you mean about the 70's-90's.

I am very greatful. To be firm or strict is a good thing too.

I agree the FDS. Provides a Treasure load of spiritual food.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thanks Tim & Marcus.

I appreciate your imput its fine &good to know.

I only got the internet 3 yrs ago still discovering.

Ive accidently stumbled accross a site or 2 I thought had to do with us & found. Silly mistake.

Now I'd rather know the +& -.

I do enjoy listening to different talks. Love hearing different expressions helps improve the vocab.

If it is safe I will check it out.

I do know what you mean about the 70's-90's.

I am very greatful. To be firm or strict is a good thing too.

I agree the FDS. Provides a Treasure load of spiritual food.

I love so many talks from that website though. I use to listen to at least 2 a day lol I still listen to a few a week - I guess that's why I had so much to say in my last post =P Actually, the best talks I have ever heard are all on that website =] I just have to be careful what I share and to whom I share. I had a sister say to me one time "this brother has it all wrong" and I felt like a fool for sharing it lol She understood it was an old talk though. :)

I wanted to know if anyone has heard of this sight and is it ok?

Steve Klemetti's intentions are good and his collection is certainly considered a treasure trove by many. While making such a collection publicly available may not be in harmony with what the FDS has stated regarding this matter (see quote below), it is still worth asking "Is Steve promoting apostate propaganda?" - Currently the answer is No, at least not by means of his site and collection of talks throughout the decades.

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?19,103418

11. What happened to the recorded talks that forum members were able to download?

Please see the Question Box in the April 2010 Our Kingdom Ministry. The library index of recorded talks is no longer visible to members, and the forum that used to be dedicated to exchanging recorded talks has been deleted.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

What characteristics identify apostates as distinct from true Christians?

An apostasy among professed Christians was foretold by the apostle Paul at 2 Thessalonians 2:3. He specifically mentioned certain apostates, such as Hymenaeus, Alexander, and Philetus. (1Ti 1:19, 20; 2Ti 2:16-19) Among the varied causes of apostasy set forth in apostolic warnings were: lack of faith (Heb 3:12), lack of endurance in the face of persecution (Heb 10:32-39), abandonment of right moral standards (2Pe 2:15-22), the heeding of the “counterfeit words” of false teachers and “misleading inspired utterances” (2Pe 2:1-3; 1Ti 4:1-3; 2Ti 2:16-19; compare Pr 11:9), and trying “to be declared righteous by means of law” (Ga 5:2-4). While still making profession of faith in God’s Word, apostates may forsake his service by treating lightly the preaching and teaching work that he assigned to followers of Jesus Christ. (Lu 6:46; Mt 24:14; 28:19, 20) They may also claim to serve God but reject his representatives, his visible organization, and then turn to ‘beating’ their former associates to hinder their work. (Jude 8, 11; Nu 16:19-21; Mt 24:45-51) Apostates often seek to make others their followers. (Ac 20:30; 2Pe 2:1, 3) Such ones willfully abandoning the Christian congregation thereby become part of the “antichrist.” (1Jo 2:18, 19) As with the apostate Israelites, destruction is likewise foretold for apostates from the Christian congregation.—2Pe 2:1; Heb 6:4-8;

if he does reject jehovah visible organization ...automatically become part of the “antichrist

If he does reject jehovah visible organization ...automatically become part of the “antichrist"

Does he? I wouldn't know as I have not read his email list mailings in over a year. Regardless, no such propaganda is promoted through his collection.that's all it is: a collection.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!