JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

When Religious Beliefs Become Evil: 4 Signs

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4024 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/28/when-religious-beliefs-becomes-evil-4-signs/

Intersting reading.

1. I know the truth, and you don’t.

2. Beware the charismatic leader.

3. The end is near.

4. The end justifies the means.

Good thing no one needs to worry about Jehovah's Witnesses blowing things up. Now - preaching to them until they don't want to listen anymore - that is another story.  :lol1:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I don't know if it's fortunate or unfortunate, but we do 2 of the 4. 

At least as far as the Truth goes, we're willing to educate other people so they have the Truth, too.  That is a big difference between us and these other groups that claim that they have the Truth and others don't.

I don't know if it's fortunate or unfortunate, but we do 2 of the 4. 

At least as far as the Truth goes, we're willing to educate other people so they have the Truth, too.  That is a big difference between us and these other groups that claim that they have the Truth and others don't.

I was thinking that also, but so did the first century Christians.

I can't help but feel that articles like this are a cunning ploy by Satan to gather support from well meaning people by tapping into their fears and raising suspicions sufficiently so that so people will be dissuaded from listening to our message.

I just watched a "60 minutes" article (also talking about the Boston marathon bombing) with a very similar message. Although they didn't say so in so many words it essentially seemed to be warning people to be wary of anyone who held firmly to their views and expressed strong beliefs in something. To think that such things might identify one as a potential terrorist must have satan rubbing his hands together in glee.

We shouldn't be surprised if such Satanic propaganda increases as we near the end. All the more reason for us to follow very closely the direction we receive from the faithful slave regarding the methods we use for preaching.

Edited by Dave

I can't help but feel that articles like this are a cunning ploy by Satan to gather support from well meaning people by tapping into their fears and raising suspicions sufficiently so that so people will be dissuaded from listening to our message.

I just watched a "60 minutes" article (also talking about the Boston marathon bombing) with a very similar message. Although they didn't say so in so many words it essentially seemed to be warning people to be wary of anyone who held firmly to their views and expressed strong beliefs in something. To think that such things might identify one as a potential terrorist must have satan rubbing his hands together in glee.

We shouldn't be surprised if such Satanic propaganda increases as we near the end. All the more reason for us to follow very closely the direction we receive from the faithful slave regarding the methods we use for preaching.

completely agree with this, very subtle, but satan knows what he is doing.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

• 2 weeks later...