JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wild Fire Near San Diego

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4033 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The state agency Cal Fire reported 30% containment of the blaze just before 7 p.m. (10 p.m. ET) Wednesday.

CNN affiliate KTLA said at least one home was burned as 30-mph winds drove the flames.

The National Weather Service in San Diego said a red flag warning was in effect until Friday evening. Forecasters called for wind speeds between 15 and 25 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.

I just saw SanDiego in the story and I started to think of you.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Ohh and Mrs. M :wave:

I remembered you were having guests and I thought if Musky starts a BBQ with those old implants :eek:

I see! My dinner engagement is next Wednesday and will be across the street from the ocean, so we can make a mad dash for the waves if necessary. :)

There might be a tsunami. Then what? LOLs.

Have fun.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Ohh and Mrs. M :wave:

I remembered you were having guests and I thought if Musky starts a BBQ with those old implants :eek:

I guess that's a good use for old implants. How are your new implants.  Are implants the norm for brothers in the US? Do the normal suits fit you or do you need to modify them?  :blink:

I am here in lake elsinore 45 min from san diego hmmm... seems fine to me although the smoke last night was overhead making it tuff for me to breath.

Yes it is in Banning,  today it is much better,  I did not hear of any deaths. by tsunami  either lol,  

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

Maladee - thanks for getting back on track to the actual NEWS story - since this IS the NEWS forum.

http://ktla.com/2013/05/02/wind-driven-brush-fire-burning-in-banning/#axzz2S9G7TBeJ

40% contained is good.

Early Thursday, winds on the fire line were out of the east at 28 mph, gusting to 40 mph, with relative humidity at 10%.

Temperatures in the 90s and wind gusts up to 75 mph could hit mountain areas by Thursday afternoon, according to the National Weather Service.

Evacuation orders were lifted on Wednesday night for residents of the Highland Springs Mobile Home Park and other areas that were threatened by flames.

Residents are being asked to use caution when driving through the fire area, and obey all posted road closures.

At least 500 people had been evacuated as hundreds of firefighters from several jurisdictions worked to contain the blaze.

They were being aided by a dozen helicopters and air tankers that made repeated water and fire-retardant drops.

Several horses were also evacuated, the Riverside County Department of Animal Services said.

The fire destroyed at least one home, belonging to Joe Kiener, who told KTLA he was “just trying to pick up the pieces and keep on going.”

He said he lost everything “except for the clothes on my back and my dog.”

Federal officials warned Wednesday that a relatively dry winter coupled with warm summer weather could make for a devastating fire season.

“Significant fire potential will be above normal” for Southern California and other areas of the West, the National Interagency Fire Center in Boise, Idaho., said in its first outlook report for the 2013 fire season.

California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection has responded to more than 680 wildfires this year, more than 200 over the average for the period, the agency said.

Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/05/02/wind-driven-brush-fire-burning-in-banning/#ixzz2S9GXelfH

Be safe SoCal brothers and sisters. We care for you  :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....