JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The College Football Player

There was a college football player who was VERY good ... he was the key man to his team. Only problem, the week before the big game he failed his English exam and his Professor had to fail him for the grading period. This made him not eligible to play in the big game.

His Coach went the English Professor to try and get him to reverse his decision. He explained how important the player was to the team ... his school ... the entire community where the school was located. The Professor was unmoved.

He then explained how large the playbook was and how difficult many find reading a playbook and that the player had all the plays down. The Professor thought and decided to give the player one more chance ... he agreed to give him a make-up exam.

Later that day the player, the Coach and the Professor gathered in the English Classroom. The Professor told the Coach, "I'll make this simple. I'll give him one word ... if he spells it right, he can play ... if he does not, the grade stands"

"That sounds fair," grunted the Coach, "but don't make it too hard"

The Coach looked from the Coach to the player and said, "Spell COFFEE". The Coach smiled.

The player sat for nearly 15 minutes looking up, down, around, and scratching his head. He finally sat up straight, leaned over the paper and began to wright. With a smile of accomplishment on his face he handed the paper to the Professor.

The Professor took one look at the paper, threw his hands up and exclaimed, "See, SEE why I can't give this player a passing grade!" as he shoved the paper at the Coach.

The Coach took the paper and looked at it ... On the paper was written, in large block letters

K A U P H Y

"BIG DEAL", said the Coach -

"He left out the i"

How about that ... you can actually put a spoiler inside a spoiler

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Funny, you used the wrong spelling for write, you used  wright. No football for you.

This article is about the surname. For other uses, see Wright (disambiguation).
Wright Family name Meaning Worker, maker Region of origin England

Footnotes: [1]

Wright is an occupational surname originating in England.[1] The term 'Wright' comes from the circa 700 AD Old English word 'wryhta' or 'wyrhta', meaning worker or shaper of wood. Later it became any occupational worker[2][3] (for example, a shipwright is a person who builds ships), and is used as a British family name. Wright is also an anglicized version of the Scots Gaelic clan name "MacIntyre" or "Mac an t-Saoir", meaning "Son of the Wright", or "Son of the Carpenter". The word Carpentier, now Carpenter was introduced into England in 1066 and slowly replaced the traditional name and meaning of wright.[4] Wright is the thirteenth most common surname in the United Kingdom.[5] Its use as an occupational title continued until the mid-19th century. Its occupational use was often combined with other words such as wheelwright or playwright.[6]

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I must confess, it was a typo ... but since the spell checker did not catch it (it wasn't misspelled) neither did I.

Yes it was spelled correctly, just yanking your chain. Words fascinate me. Words that sound the same, with different meanings.

OK, you are on for football. A+

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Either you and Me are the only ones who read this thread or you are the only one who got it ... no one else has posted :(

Now, what should we do ...

Oh, by the way, saw this on another thread

Grumpy'sWife

Yes especially if he never asked before. Even though I had a terrible relationship with my father and mother, I tried to be available whenever they requested my presents, which wasn't often.

Did they really want presents (gifts)? or did they just want your company - "presence" (The state or fact of existing, occurring, or being present in a place or thing.)

Edited by Qapla

You got me there, I couldn't remember how to spell it and then that crazy spell checker said that's OK.

post-556-0-57727700-1370124909.gif

ODE TO SPELL CHECKERS

I have a spelling checker

I disk covered four my PC.

It plane lee marks four my revue

Miss steaks aye can knot see.

Eye ran this poem threw it.

Your sure real glad two no.

Its very polished in its weigh,

My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a blessing.

It freeze yew lodes of thyme.

It helps me right awl stiles two reed,

And aides me when aye rime.

Each frays comes posed up on my screen

Eye trussed too bee a joule.

The checker pours o'er every word

To cheque sum spelling rule.

Bee fore wee rote with checkers

Hour spelling was inn deck line,

Butt now when wee dew have a laps,

Wee are not maid too wine.

And now bee cause my spelling

Is checked with such grate flare,

There are know faults in awl this peace,

Of nun eye am a wear.

To rite with care is quite a feet

Of witch won should be proud,

And wee mussed dew the best wee can,

Sew flaws are knot aloud.

That's why eye brake in two averse

Cuz Eye dew want too please.

Sow glad eye yam that aye did bye

This soft wear four pea seas.

Does anyone else but me ever notice the number of made-up words uttered by news anchors, politicians, etc.?  It seems to happen every week.  Here is a great one I heard this week:

"Administrability"

Really??

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻