JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I am Jehovah, Your Savior, Your Friend (a poem)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4126 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I dreamed that I prayed to Jehovah on high

Complained of my troubles and started to cry.

I said to Jehovah, I can't take it any more!

Please bring it real soon, your great day of war!

I endure every day at the end of my rope,

I just do not see anyway I can cope.

I face constant pressure each day without doubt.

With all of my problems there's just no way out.

He patiently listened as if on bended knee,

I griped and complained about what bothered me.

His loving concern as I emptied my head

Made me feel so secure in his love when He said:

I understand just what you're going through,

This time of the end makes it harder for you.

But you see, I too have been waiting so long,

And I must make sure my people are strong.

Since the very first couple, Adam an Eve,

My heart many times had been made to grieve.

Though I sent my son down to earth just to die,

Most people rejected what his life could buy.

I've been pushed aside by all those I love

For other false gods they have put high above.

They even say I don't exist or am dead,

That life just evolved from the monkey instead.

I surely don't want you to suffer or cry,

I'll give you my strength on which to rely.

You need to endure but please do not doubt,

If it gets too tough, I will provide the way out.

The new world is near so endure to the end,

For I am Jehovah and I am your friend.

The life that's ahead is worth oh so much more

You'll take such delight in what I have in store.

Just think what it will be like in paradise,

Why even the dead from the tombs will arise!

You'll feel so much better and have joy each day,

Your memories of troubles will soon pass away.

These promises given will surely come true,

And it won't be long before all becomes new.

So please be determined endure to the end,

For I am Jehovah your savior your friend.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 2 weeks later...

wow this is very nice lovely poem indeed actualy there is a sister right now who im tryin to help shes lives in usa but shes datign an unbeleiver and this poem i beleive would be great 4 her may i pass on to her ?

Yes, you can share whatever you want.

Here's another good one that I thought of when you mentioned this sister. Use it with tact though...

http://www.jwtalk.net/forum/read.php?10,3410

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 1 year later...

I, Jehovah, Am Your Friend

I dreamed that I prayed to Jehovah on high

Complained of my troubles and started to cry.

I said to Jehovah, I can't take it anymore!

Please bring it real soon, your great day of war!

I endure every day at the end of my rope,

I just do not see any way I can cope.

I face constant pressure each day without doubt.

With all of my problems there's just no way out.

He patiently listened as if on bended knee,

I griped and complained about what bothered me.

His loving concern as I emptied my head

Made me feel so secure in his love when He said:

I understand just what you're going through,

This time of the end makes it harder for you.

But you see, I too have been waiting so long,

And I must make sure my people are strong.

Since the very first couple, Adam an Eve,

My heart many times had been made to grieve.

Though I sent my son down to earth just to die,

Most people rejected what his life could buy.

I've been pushed aside by all those I love

For other false gods they have put high above.

They even say I don't exist or am dead,

That life just evolved from the monkey instead.

I surely don't want you to suffer or cry,

I'll give you my strength on which to rely.

You need to endure but please do not doubt,

If it gets too tough, I will provide the way out.

The new world is near so endure to the end,

For I am Jehovah and I am your friend.

The life that's ahead is worth oh so much more

You'll take such delight in what I have in store.

Just think what it will be like in paradise,

Why even the dead from the tombs will arise!

You'll feel so much better and have joy each day,

Your memories of troubles will soon pass away.

These promises given will surely come true,

And it won't be long before all becomes new.

So please be determined endure to the end,

For I am Jehovah your savior your friend.

• 2 months later...

Bump!

Here is an oldie but goodie that has been around for YEARS, but I noticed is making it's rounds again in JW email lists and social networks so I thought I would bump it to the top again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

its beautiful. I have sincerely appreciated Jehovahs patience and love for us. I love 2 peter 3:9

9 Jehovah* is not slow respecting his promise,+ as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

I can especially appreciate this loving provision of our heavenly father in that I left Jehovah for a few years but he brought me back so if the end had came a few years i dont think I would have made it

So glad to meet you, Catherine! I really appreciated your comment. I have heard of so many who are being reactivated after years of being away from the truth, I can't help but feel thankful to Jehovah for allowing this system to continue even though it is rotten to the core. The new yearbook says that over a quarter of a million were baptized last year alone, over 5000 every weekend! How absolutely wonderful that we can all come together as a united international brotherhood. My aunt was recently reinstated after more than 30 years of inactivity. I hope you enjoy this site and get much comfort and support from the association here; I know I have.:grouphug:

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

So glad to meet you, Catherine! I really appreciated your comment. I have heard of so many who are being reactivated after years of being away from the truth, I can't help but feel thankful to Jehovah for allowing this system to continue even though it is rotten to the core. The new yearbook says that over a quarter of a million were baptized last year alone, over 5000 every weekend! How absolutely wonderful that we can all come together as a united international brotherhood. My aunt was recently reinstated after more than 30 years of inactivity. I hope you enjoy this site and get much comfort and support from the association here; I know I have.:grouphug:

thanks judy. Yeah, Jehovah definitely drew me back .. very grateful for that cause id hate to think where i'd be without him <3 on the forum to introduce new members I wrote a bit of my experience if you wanna check it out also I put a picture of me and my baby on the post any picture forum both on chit chat. I love how just when you think you're letting Jehovah down or feeling discouraged he has so many loving provisions that shows he really cares. through my recent heartache my aunt showed me isiah 41:10,13 and my eyes welled up with tears

then this is one of the excerpts from a past watchtower I really loved, I cut it out this paragraph and put it on my refrigerator

The more I learned about Jehovah, the more my love and respect for him grew. To think that our Creator, so wise and so powerful, could care about me personally moved me deeply. I was touched to learn that even when I let Jehovah down or when I felt that it was all too hard and I just wanted to throw in the towel, he would never give up on me as long as I kept on trying. I found great comfort in his promise: “I, Jehovah your God, am grasping your right hand, the One saying to you, ‘Do not be afraid. I myself will help you.’” (Isaiah 41:13) When I realized that I’d been shown that sort of love, I wasn’t about to let it go.

• 2 weeks later...

This is soooo beautiful, perfect to share with those that need to be strenghtened both in spirit and mind.

This title reminded me of our Kingdom song from Hebrews 6:10 "My Father, My God, My Friend". Do you know who wrote it? By the way hi Bob!