JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Deadly Fires in Arizona

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3956 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Fires in arizona.htm

I just saw on a news. the Terrible fires in Arizona, 

Its eye opening, 19 Fire Fighters lost their life trying to stop the fires. So Sad.

Stay Safe friends :wave:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

attachicon.gifFires in arizona.htm

I just saw on a news. the Terrible fires in Arizona, 

Its eye opening, 19 Fire Fighters lost their life trying to stop the fires. So Sad.

Stay Safe friends :wave:

Thank you for the Reuters article and video feed Gabe.  At least 250 homes were destroyed, several brothers live in the area, and so far all are safe.

I ran into the Fire Chief a few hours ago, he mentioned that there are over 600 firefighters in the area. The winds wound down today, so they were able to get control of the situation.  Many are staying over at the local high school 15 miles away and the motels have opened up rooms free of charge for the families affected by the fire.

June set records for the highest recorded heat index ever reported in the area. We hit 119 the other day. This past weekend was a smoke filled haze, such a tragedy!  

michael when you say 119 thats farenheit talk?

would that equate 2 say 50 degrees.

thats the hotest i have felt on the coast.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Yeah...119 degrees dry heat Farenheit!   Much rather be snorkeling the Aussie coast this time of year... B)

Yes, but you have the men in Grey suits there looking for a tasty snorkeler..

Hey Michael Snorkling is fun.

But this time of year for me the water. Well you need a Steamer. & The Swells are much more pleasant, The Sets are more glassy.

If you go QLD the temp this time of year is even better, No stingers & you don't need a steamer.

Glad your area is fine.  :boating:  :sunshine:

Hey Michael Snorkling is fun.

But this time of year for me the water. Well you need a Steamer. & The Swells are much more pleasant, The Sets are more glassy.

If you go QLD the temp this time of year is even better, No stingers & you don't need a steamer.

Glad your area is fine.  :boating:  :sunshine:

No stingers ??? As in Stingrays ?  What's a steamer Gabe ?  Here they call steamers clams....So Deeelish

You are in the cold of winter this time of year Eh ???  No sharks in Queensland ? 

of the 19 hOt shot smoke jumpers that died one was from Oregon. one young man that is member of the hotshot team, my son went to school with, was not present in Arizona.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

of the 19 hOt shot smoke jumpers that died one was from Oregon. one young man that is member of the hotshot team, my son went to school with, was not present in Arizona.

The community around here is still in a stake of shock!  The firefighters mentioned that it was like a bad nightmare in a war-zone. The fire started at one end of town and proceeded right down the middle. 250 gallon propane storage tanks blowing up. Ammunition in the houses and barbeque LPG tanks blowing up. A complete disaster. Everyone except the hotshots evacuated just in the nick of time. The fire chief from Congress mentioned that he had no sleep, the media called relentlessly day and night requesting interviews, and special access. Such a tragedy !!! 

Lynn glad no one hurt. But freaky.

Michael a steamer is a full body wetsuite.

QLD is much better in the water now we are in winter.

Too cold for the stingers no sharks only crocs .

WA has the white pointers & STINGERS.

Michael a steamer is a full body wetsuite.

QLD is much better in the water now we are in winter.

Too cold for the stingers no sharks only crocs .

WA has the white pointers & STINGERS.

Sounds like fun...snorkeling with Crocs and swimming with white pointers and stingers...

Do they make full body thick wire mesh steamers ???  Nothing like a little salt water challenge.  :D

yes made from lycra or stockings so no go summer.