JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.ORG umbrellas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3414 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A Pioneer class was each given one by the CO who taught the class. I think we have to get our own made as they cannot be sold because of copyright laws. Does anyone know who is Behind jwgifts.org?

Edited by I_want_to

According to the whois lookup, jwgift.org belongs to "Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain", the registration emails all point to a jw.org email address, and the registration numbers on the site itself point back to the UK branch, so it's legit.

Though if you're within the USA, I'd recommend donating through JW.org directly, because donations through other branches will have currency conversion fees.

Still doesn't answer the question about the umbrellas. Do we make our own? Is this something acceptable? Imagine all the umbrellas at a Regional convention or International Convention. Or, they could be used during Public Witnessing.

-Dave

Still doesn't answer the question about the umbrellas. Do we make our own? Is this something acceptable? Imagine all the umbrellas at a Regional convention or International Convention. Or, they could be used during Public Witnessing.

-Dave

Dave, I'm not sure. In our IC's we saw buttons with the JW.ORG logo. I assume as long as we are not profiting, it would be ok. You can always ask an elder or email Bethel. I have heard that even some KH in Australia are using the logo as well on the building. Just my two cents.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jwgift.org is not there to sell JW related items.  It has been set up by the British branch to allow UK residents to make online donations.  The reason is that if the donation comes from a UK Income Tax payer then the Society can reclaim the tax back (25%) and increase the value of the donation.

Just a point on the JW.Org logo we in Canada just received a letter stating we can use the logo on Kingdom Halls ... They gave the exact font and Pantone colour .. So I assume that will also be worldwide ..

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Just a point on the JW.Org logo we in Canada just received a letter stating we can use the logo on Kingdom Halls ... They gave the exact font and Pantone colour .. So I assume that will also be worldwide ..

great, let me guess..... The logo will be at "the door"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really Lance!   ...   I've been hoping so for a while  ...  http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/15324-jworg-signage-at-local-kingdom-halls/     ...   has anyone else gotten the letter also?

Edited by timpin

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been seeing lots of JW.ORG items like JW.ORG pins for the campaign in August, ties, ect...things that some are saying the elders in their congregation are encouraging and have had made or purchased for their congregation.. I'm confused as to the (for lack of a better word..) "etiquette" of using the logo in such a way. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of wearing a pin during the month of August especially..or something along those lines.. but didn't we have a very clear letter read regarding the proper or limited use of the logo recently? Has there been an update since then, or has anyone contacted the branch for clarification?

Thanks! :)

So I've been seeing lots of JW.ORG items like JW.ORG pins for the campaign in August, ties, ect...things that some are saying the elders in their congregation are encouraging and have had made or purchased for their congregation.. I'm confused as to the (for lack of a better word..) "etiquette" of using the logo in such a way. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of wearing a pin during the month of August especially..or something along those lines.. but didn't we have a very clear letter read regarding the proper or limited use of the logo recently? Has there been an update since then, or has anyone contacted the branch for clarification? Thanks! :)

Read through this topic. Towards the end it deals with the Pins and other uses of the jw.org logo. But, don't expect a definite answer or even a strong consensus! :)

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/15324-jworg-signage-at-local-kingdom-halls/

Edited by Musky

So I've been seeing lots of JW.ORG items like JW.ORG pins for the campaign in August, ties, ect...things that some are saying the elders in their congregation are encouraging and have had made or purchased for their congregation.. I'm confused as to the (for lack of a better word..) "etiquette" of using the logo in such a way. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of wearing a pin during the month of August especially..or something along those lines.. but didn't we have a very clear letter read regarding the proper or limited use of the logo recently? Has there been an update since then, or has anyone contacted the branch for clarification? Thanks! :)

Personally I think wearing the pins in the ministry is ok as I stated in another thread.  I did mention though in that thread that this could get out of hand and I used the example of not wanting JW.org on bumper stickers or something.  I see umbrellas and ties as bumper stickers, I think it is not necessary and it could become tacky.

I really believe we will get some clear instruction on this very soon from the GB as it seems it is getting a bit out of hand.

One of the reasons I see the pin as ok is I think of when we have our conventions and how we are asked to wear our convention badge when we go out to dinner afterwards or in the hotel, etc.  I think the pin in the ministry is not a tacky thing or not too commercial, like our convention badge.  And if worn out in the ministry only, I think that could be acceptable.

Edited by ava

this is all getting too commercial now. Whats next playing cards and napkins? Maybe baby booties? Why is it I feel that the tables of the merchants need to be over turned? By someone with a rope whip and Jehovah's spirit coursing is way through his veins. 

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I'm ok with the "business" card but I'm not overly fond of using the pin. If the direction is to use it in the ministry I will, otherwise It makes me think of the style and dress of the "mormon boys" they're so  cookie cutout. I wouldn't want to do something just because someone else did unless its a directive. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

When our CO visited last week, he gave all those going out in service a JW.org button. He wore his pinned to his front pocket. So, we were obviously meant to wear them. I chose to pin mine to my service bag. The CO wouldn't have handed them out if not backed by the organization.

‘So keep yourselves in expectation of me,’ declares Jehovah. (Zephaniah 3:8)

When our CO visited last week, he gave all those going out in service a JW.org button. He wore his pinned to his front pocket. So, we were obviously meant to wear them. I chose to pin mine to my service bag. The CO wouldn't have handed them out if not backed by the organization.

Interesting, we just had our CO visit this week and we were told nothing about being able to wear any pins and when speaking to a handful of our congregation elders during this CO week and specifically asking about the pins, I've been told by all of them that until the society clearly states otherwise.. that we shouldn't be using them..

Confusing.. :wacko:  but I guess officially.. the jury is still out..I'll just heed the advice of our elders until we know for sure. :D  

(Thanks Chuck for the thread link! :) )

We had our CO visit right before the RC and there was no other change other than the meetings ran over by 20 minutes during the mid-week meetings. I'm wondering if this is a precursor to the way the one meeting, after Sept. 1st. will be handled. Possibly needing an extra 20 minutes to finish what needs to be shared.

I don't mind it being over-time but being accustomed to the way the brothers are so time oriented during meetings it did seem a little strange. Like the baptism talk that also went 20 minutes over during the RC. It's just so unusual for that to happen. 

My daughter has her CO visit this week, I'll ask her about the buttons.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

There are JW items on etsy for sale...so people are making things.  Just search for JW or Jehovah.

Amos 4:12, in part: ".....Get ready to meet your God, O Israel."

In our area the public witnessing is really ramping up. A local congregation has been going to festivals and fairs as "vendors" and are graving amazing success. They made prototype bags with the jw,org on it and out co sent it to the branch for approval. They are looking for giveaways at these events.