JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

October study watchtower now available.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3231 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hand crank power source or solar charger :thumbsup:

I have a hand crank lantern and hand crank radio in my emergency kit. I was looking for a hand crank unit that I could use to charge my phone/tablet but as long as I am by a car I can use the phones car charger.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have a hand crank lantern and hand crank radio in my emergency kit. I was looking for a hand crank unit that I could use to charge my phone/tablet but as long as I am by a car I can use the phones car charger.

My little all in one (with a crank) has a light, radio and ports for phone charging - USB. :thumbsup:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Let's start to practice this from the article "Keep Meditating on Spiritual Things" :

6 Scientific research shows that saying words aloud during study makes them easier to recall. The Creator of our brain knows this. That is why he instructed Joshua to read His book of the Law “in an undertone.” (Read Joshua 1:8.) You will likely find that reading the Bible softly, or in an undertone, makes a deeper impression on your mind. This may also help you to concentrate better.

My little all in one (with a crank) has a light, radio and ports for phone charging - USB. :thumbsup:

I want one like they have on the June broadcast :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I liked this article as well “Give Us More Faith” because we can't take for granted that our faith is OK, because suddenly circumstances can arise we never would have expected, in front of which we are unprepared.

Because of that it is very good to read much the Bible in low voice and meditate on it and think about all the accounts in the Bible, and how would I have done if I had been in the place of those persons in the accounts. That will make us prepared to all kinds of situations.

Over all I really liked that the articles where saturated with examples from the Bible.

And here is an interesting quote from WT library how 'faith' is defined:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001484

The Greek word eleg·khos, rendered “evident demonstration,” conveys the idea of bringing forth evidence that demonstrates something, particularly something contrary to what appears to be the case. Thereby this evidence makes clear what has not been discerned before and so refutes what has only appeared to be the case. “The evident demonstration,” or evidence for conviction, is so positive or powerful that faith is said to be it.

Faith is, therefore, the basis for hope and the evidence for conviction concerning unseen realities.