JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Doctor Who - A Spoiler Free Discussion of The Best TV Show in Time and Space!

So far this season the Doctor "exploring his sexuality" has been nothing more than him having a girlfriend/wife... of sorts. It's at least opened up the idea that the Doctor may indeed be capable of having and expressing romantic feelings toward someone. Previously we saw a big hint of that with Tennant's Doctor and Rose, but then the Doctor backed away and shut that door after Rose left. Now he's encountered a woman named River Song (first seen during Tennant's Doctor Who run in "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead") who says she and the Doctor will be married in the future. Unfortunately, she is also a time-traveler so the Doctor's future is her past.

Oh, and he also met the physical incarnation of the TARDIS. He called her "Sexy" ;)

But that's been the extent of it.

I can't let a Dr who thread go by without saying something. I have enjoyed this show for decades. The new series is just as good as the olders ones IMHO

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I can't let a Dr who thread go by without saying something. I have enjoyed this show for decades. The new series is just as good as the olders ones IMHO

Here here!

The filmography and story telling style of the Matt Smith series has been a little odd for me. I loved the Russel T Davies years and especially the Tenant era. Sometimes I have to rewatch a Matt Smith episode because something goes over my head - the clues are so subtle or the story just jumps or Matt Smith mumbles his lines too fast.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I watched the originals when they were in reruns on pbs way back in the day..lol I haven't watched any of the new ones but I guess I should check them out. I enjoy decent sci-fi.

Start with 2005's "Series One" with Christopher Eccleston and watch them in order

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I watched the originals when they were in reruns on pbs way back in the day..lol I haven't watched any of the new ones but I guess I should check them out. I enjoy decent sci-fi.

Start with 2005's "Series One" with Christopher Eccleston and watch them in order <- this is rather important, unlike in the old days.

Going to check netflix now :) Thanks.

I went under the stairs for my vacuum cleaner and it slipped against a box and suddenly the contents of the box started yelling:"You must obey!" "Exterminate!". I fairly leapt out of my skin!! My husband had, without telling me, acquired a 1975 Palitoy boxed talking Dalek for a customer and stored it there.(Examples are on youtube)

42615=1799-K9 (400 x 300).jpg Here's one of my favourite Dr Who companions K9, who starred years ago with companion Sarah Jane Smith and lately in the kid's Dr Who spin-off Adventures of Sarah Jane Smith. He is just one of a few prop examples of K9 from TV shown at the local Football Club exhibition I mentioned earlier, along with some scarce Dr Who annuals.

42615=1800-DrWhostuff.jpg Scarce items of Dr Who Stuff on exhibition from the 1960's and 70's, most we had supplied our customer with over the years. We are just a pair of big kids!

apparently i used to have screaming abdabs when the cybermen came on...

the episode i actually remember most was one called "the green death" with giant maggotts? early 70's as a guess... jon pertwee in great form.

havent watched the new series yet... perhaps will give it a go from series one....

I watched the series right from the start with William Hartnell as the doctor.

As a youngster I was really interested in science fiction so when Dr Who started I was enthralled.

As I grew up I started to try to link some of the concepts with Jehovah. Especially time travel.

I could see that time travel was something the Angel have mastery over,

When we see how Angels travel they must use another dimension.

There are many accounts of where Angels appeared out of nowhere and in some cases even while

the person was praying.

(Luke 22:41-43) . . .And he himself drew away from them about a stone’s throw, and bent his knees and began to pray, 42 saying: “Father, if you wish, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place.” 43 Then an angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. . .( ZOOOOOOOM!)

How do they do this?

I'm sure the Doctor would have an answer !

I don't get it. It is just an image, or is that the joke?

I could not upload a video clip...for some reason... the joke was it was a homemade video clip:D well it made me laugh...

it says the clip is too big...just looked the clip is 6000kb

Hello Sianrose,

I am was so glad to see your comment this morning and glad to know you are well...that is, as well as can be expected in these...critical last days. I just wanted to let you know that you had been missed.

Ditto

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thanks Sian. A post about my favorite show from one of my favorite JWTalk-ites

It is good to hear from you.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Does anybody here watch Doctor Who? It is a science fiction show aimed at older children that has been on since 1963. The longest running scifi show ever. There are more episodes of Doctor Who than of all the Star Trek franchises combined.

I've been watching since I was about 9 years old and am an addict :P

Here is a preview clip for the season ahead...

Out in service last week, doing the invitation work, I went to a house that had huge plywood figures of aliens all over the front lawn---maybe 4 or 5. On the door was a plaque saying "Doctor Who." I had no idea what "Doctor Who" was. Now I know! I rang the guy's bell and he came to the door looking like I had aroused him from sleep, and he said right away, "I'm NOT INTERESTED," and shut the door. Someone told me later that he has said that he was abducted by aliens. He is a "Doctor Who" fan, bigtime. I think he just may have discouraged me from ever watching it.:scared:

Out in service last week' date=' doing the invitation work, I went to a house that had huge plywood figures of aliens all over the front lawn---maybe 4 or 5. On the door was a plaque saying "Doctor Who." I had no idea what "Doctor Who" was. Now I know! I rang the guy's bell and he came to the door looking like I had aroused him from sleep, and he said right away, "I'm NOT INTERESTED," and shut the door. Someone told me later that he has said that he was abducted by aliens. He is a "Doctor Who" fan, bigtime. I think he just may have discouraged me from ever watching it. [/quote'] that's a different experience :D here is a photo of the castle where a lot of the inside shots from the trailer are taken...it is 20mins drive from me... Castell Coch...The Red Castle

43673=1884-4440342-Castell_Coch_The_Red_

I thought it was just a silly show my kids were watching. Then I got hooked. That was in the 70's. I like that fact that we can watch most shows and all the weird stuff is attributed to allians not the supernatural

I am embarressed to say that i have only just discovered Dr Who :blushing: and i mean literally lol!!! watched 10 mins of it da other week (I think it was the penultimate episode of the latest series) and watched the final one last night (the one with the pandorica). May have to watch some more now :popcorn::ok:

I am embarressed to say that i have only just discovered Dr Who :blushing: and i mean literally lol!!! watched 10 mins of it da other week (I think it was the penultimate episode of the latest series) and watched the final one last night (the one with the pandorica). May have to watch some more now :popcorn::ok:

If possible, go back to what they call "Series One" with Christopher Eccleston and watch them in order.