JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Free concert saxophone quartet

Last night my wife and I went to a free concert at the Conway Hall in London, given by the Ferio Saxophone Quartet promoting their new cd "Revive".

They played arrangements of baroque music by Bach, Handel, Corelli etc and it was really enjoyable. They played for about 50 minutes followed by a short q&a with the assistant editor of Classical Music magazine.

We really enjoyed such things as "Sheep May Safely Graze" arranged for saxophones.

very nice

I used to play sax - I have an alto - like the second from the left in the concert

Looks like they have a soprano, alto, baritone and tenor in their quartet (from left to right)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

My brother is learning the sax ... he's just perfected Mary had a little lamb, and now is working on Somewhere over the Rainbow. He's wanting to take it into the Jazz arena, but this is lovely ... I enjoy this music  thanks for sharing.

PS:first time ever I've seen a cat literally put his paws over his ears. (I'm sure he will improve in leaps and bounds though).

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Their first cd was new music, some written especially for them, so this is quite a departure.

I also like the Rascher Saxophone Quartet in Philip Glass' Saxophone Concerto, and the London Saxophone Quartet on a great album of Moondog's compositions plus others.

3 hours ago, Stormswift said:

My brother is learning the sax

One of the nice things about the sax, unlike the clarinet, is that it has "repeating finger positions" ... that is, the lower and the upper octave has the exact same finger position for a given note on the sax while the clarinet has an "overlapping" fingering - the lower and upper octave have different finger positions for a given note 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~