JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Despicable Me Spoiler

Was actually looking forward to getting out and watching the movie...mostly cuz i adore lil Agnes...peep peep.....The minions were cute although at times the audience was laughing at the minions hysterically but i didnt get their sense of humor... I enjoyed most of the movie until they were injected with an evil sirum that turned them into purple demons...Why must they ruin such a cute kids movie...tsk

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

Trisha Thanks for the insight. My girls have been asking. No Nagging me to take them to the See this film. Was planning to take them tomorrow.

May search for something else.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Was actually looking forward to getting out and watching the movie...mostly cuz i adore lil Agnes...peep peep.....The minions were cute although at times the audience was laughing at the minions hysterically but i didnt get their sense of humor... I enjoyed most of the movie until they were injected with an evil sirum that turned them into purple demons...Why must they ruin such a cute kids movie...tsk

Can you give more details on the demons thing? What happens? Is it something that is supposed to entertain?

I was planning on watch this movie with some kids of the congregation

I saw the movie they where not demons IMHO they where made into little monsters, they where just mean big and purple ,nothing demonic.   there is a movie review site called www.with-kids-in-mind.com (I think I got that right you might have to google it) it gives a blow by blow of everything that happens in the movie based on violence, sex, and language ,I have to go to work now I will come back later.

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

You mean like smurfs?...my son really wants to see this movie.Me,not so much, but I go where he goes.I saw After Earth...that was a waste, but I'm happy the Smiths are still eeking out a living.

Yeah, Will's son CAN NOT act. After Earth was very disappointing!! That could have been a really good movie - but it wasn't.

I haven't seen Despicable Me2 - yet, but it is on my list. Also on my list is World War Z.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I haven't seen any zombie films, but this looks pretty good. I think people turning into zombies has already started!!  :lol1:

When we were out in service this weekend - many had "that look" when they said, "No, I am not interested in living forever!!"

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

From some critics

"At the abducted lab, someone developed a serum that transforms Minions, “Gremlin”-like, into hairy, purple-colored, demonic, but somehow also funny, eating machines (played by the film’s co-directors)."

- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/movies/movie_reviews/2013/07/fans_will_go_bananas_for_silliness_humor_of_minions_in#sthash.K0eHAgI6.dpuf

From some critics

"At the abducted lab, someone developed a serum that transforms Minions, “Gremlin”-like, into hairy, purple-colored, demonic, but somehow also funny, eating machines (played by the film’s co-directors)."

- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/movies/movie_reviews/2013/07/fans_will_go_bananas_for_silliness_humor_of_minions_in#sthash.K0eHAgI6.dpuf

"To otherwise justify the 3-D, Gru and company smash through windows, battle a fierce guard-chicken (!), leap out of planes, and are pursued by a swarm of monstrous little purple demons (on this plot point, parents will detect a parallel with World War Z)." Seattlenews
Edited by TrishaK

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

"To otherwise justify the 3-D, Gru and company smash through windows, battle a fierce guard-chicken (!), leap out of planes, and are pursued by a swarm of monstrous little purple demons (on this plot point, parents will detect a parallel with World War Z)." Seattlenews

Even the times when they were standing still they were still shaking profusely and when you look up the reviews online the worldly critics also refer to them as demons scary but cute. 

They would chase after their prey and devour everything in their path with demonically sharp teeth. 

I guess this is one of those conscience matters.  I wasn't upset so much as I was disappointed.  I would watch it again.  It was a cute movie all in all.  It is what it is. 

we all have to follow our own conscience here as we know but imho they werent demons, this isnt harry potter or twilight, and yes i know we have to be watchful but for me , and only me, i had no problem with this film at all. 

it was entertaining, always humourous at times hilarious and id watch it again today, and i only saw it yesterday! :)

i also think that because a critic says its little demons doesnt mean it is, they would use that term to describe little monsters i think whereas we know demons exhist and are powerful spirit creatures. critics would also tell us other films we shouldnt watch are entertaining and harmless but we know theyre not. 

christian love 

gu

Edited by stuagu