JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Why so many protests

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3918 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 Tim 3:1-5   in every way, financially, morally, politically... Satan's system is crumbling. Daily before our eyes.

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

interesting question. a pioneer sister once told me, "the demons know their time is short, so they are creating havoc at their will, with no concern for the humans they are controlling". makes me verra happy to be one of Jehovah's own, with Him as my motivation.

(Isaiah 57:20) 20 “But the wicked are like the sea that is being tossed, when it is unable to calm down, the waters of which keep tossing up seaweed and mire. . .

(Isaiah 17:12, 13) 12 Ha for the commotion of many peoples, who are boisterous as with the boisterousness of the seas! And for the noise of national groups, who make a din just like the noise of mighty waters! 13 The national groups themselves will make a din just like the noise of many waters. And He will certainly rebuke it, and it must flee far away and be chased like the chaff of the mountains before a wind and like a thistle whirl before a storm wind.

(Revelation 21:1) 21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. (It won't be long now)

This is quite interesting because here in the US the protests were going on with many wearing hoods just like on the cover and page 6 of the July Awake! It is the most wonderful thing when Jehovah God uses his foresight on our behalf.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

I have had great success placing the magazines when featuring the awake this month. It really gets people thinking. They want change but aren't able to grasp how to achieve it. Tying in the model prayer about the kingdom bringing peaceful conditions on the earth has really been nice.

The July Awake! made a perfect addition to the #2 talk in TMS for me this week. It fit right in with John 17:15,16 about living in the world, but being no part of it. People seem to believe that you have to protest anything that you don't agree with. I also used John 6:15 with the idea that Jesus, if he had allowed himself to be made a worldly king, could have created many changes from the corrupt Roman government.But by doing that, he would have rejected God's Kingdom. We need to fully support that same Kingdom in order to be citizens of it instead of protesting government rulings that will all be wiped out directly.

People are tired, stressed, fed up, emotionally messed up and truly believe that protests will bring change.  Many in Europe who have protested against the Governments demanding new leaders truly believe that a new leader will do a better job, a new leader will bring prosperity to their lives, etc.  Sadly, what these people do not realize is that no matter who is in control of the government, things will not get better.  Yes a new leader may do a few good things, but he/she can never bring true peace to their country or prosperity.  

In the US, every 4 yrs the citizens elect a new president.  There is always so much hope with the new president.  The new president has promised so many wonderful things, and people believe it.  Yet, within 1 yr of the election, they are already tired of the new president and start focusing on the elections a few years away and who might be a better choice.  I find it comical really how fast the people turn on the newly elected president and how quickly they start focusing on the next presidential election.  In the US, they have been talking non stop about the 2016 presidential election since shortly after President Obama won in Nov 2012, lol.  

It's an endless cycle with no hope.

People are just done and fed up with the leaders of this world.  

Thankfully, we have Jehovah and we know that only Jehovah can bring about lasting peace and security for all.