JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vitamix......anyone have one..?

Yes, I've had one for about 5 years.  I will go a while without using it...then I use it every day for a while.  

You can make a lot of different things including ice cream, hot soup, and of course smoothies.  You get a nice cookbook with it plus they have videos online you can watch to see how to make different things.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

It makes ice-cream hot soup smoothies and will grind any food item quickly. My other blender would jam all the time and couldn't handle whole fruit and vegetables. I bought it at Costco so was cheaper than most places. Definitely not 600 euro....Plus it has a good warranty.

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

Hmmmm.  I think I could cut fruit and vegetables to a convenient size for my blender, and my food processor will do most of those other things.  I don't eat ice cream and make soup in a pan, so I don't think I need one.  Thanks for the info on it. 

I have a blend tec. Similar to vitamix but little shorter and little less expensive. Both are very good. I still make soup in a pan, but in a hurry, throw in chick broth Somme veggies ect and have soups in less than 5 min. You can make other frozen things like sorbets, margaritas ect. You can make your own peanut or almond butter, so many things.

If however you are only looking to do juicing, nothing else, jack la alone is a very good juicer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer after having a less expensive one (for ever and ever) and there is a real difference. I also have a Magic Bullet and love it. I make nut flour's peanut butter, blended drinks. I also have the food processor. All of these can be purchased on sale or remanufactured for less but it's all in what you want and how much space you have.

I had a Vita Mix in my coffee shop and loved it, but the other tools listed above and by everyone else can be just as good, for me anyway.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Times sure have changed..it used to be a wooden spoon and a large bowl, a cutting board and a large knife, a popsickle from the ice cream truck .. or manually turning the handle of an ice cream maker, chewing our salad twelve times a bite...of course arthritis, poor eye site, loss of real teeth, not enough time...changes things! A food processor becomes a real equalizer..thanks Jehovah!!!post-2322-0-21806600-1375790608.gif

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Times sure have changed..it used to be a wooden spoon and a large bowl, a cutting board and a large knife, a popsickle from the ice cream truck .. or manually turning the handle of an ice cream maker, chewing our salad twelve times a bite...of course arthritis, poor eye site, loss of real teeth, not enough time...changes things! A food processor becomes a real equalizer..thanks Jehovah!!!attachicon.gifcat_drinks.gif

Well with how I use mine it would be hard to use a wooden spoon hehe. I'm a raw vegan (but take breaks for bacon) I blend my raw veggies up to liquid and drink them. That would be a lot of spooning ... :)

the thing I really like about the Vitamix is you can put a brick in it and it will cut it up that plus a 7 year unconditional warranty. Most don't last as long or have anywhere near that warranty. I've seen the reports on most of the others and so chose vitamix.

I have 2 vita mix because after my stroke I needed to have all my food drinkable. And they are almost indistructible (don't think I would want to try blending a brick in them) .  Like they said above you can get a refurb from the manufacturer.