JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pope Francis reaches out to gays, says he won't judge gay priests

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3895 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Such a shame !

1 Cor 6:9-11

What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

Acts 26:20

20 but both to those in Damascus first and to those in Jerusalem, and over all the country of Ju·de′a, and to the nations I went bringing the message that they should repent and turn to God by doing works that befit repentance.

1 Tim 3:2

The overseer should therefore be irreprehensible, a husband of one wife, moderate in habits, sound in mind, orderly, hospitable, qualified to teach,

The Pope needs to read the Bible, definitely !

"O the depth of God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgments are and beyond tracing out his ways are!"

- Romans 11:33 -

I presume he failed to mention whether he expects them to remain celibate or not... "gay christians"  always seem to shy away from stating if fornication is a sin or not.  Anyway the Catholic Church would be the Catholic Church if it didn't run waving at the crowds to jump on the bandwagon of publc feeling.  Mark my word, openly gay Catholic priest co-habiting in same sex relationship is next.

This homosexual nonsense is moving fast

i think obamacare is somehow tied into all this gay push. they are rushing in the gay marriage and civil unions and the equality talk pretty fast. something like 13 states have legalized gay marriage in some form? i bet obamacare is going to make it easy/required in all states. 2014 is when obamacare is official? states will be forced to recognize homosexual partnerships i believe... the whole world seems to be encouraging it. just hypothesizing...

no, i dont think they care. im saying that i think its going to help push it along in the states. You will be able to have domestic partnerships under Obamacare and I can see how its just going to make it all that more acceptable to everyone.