JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DVDs for long winter evenings

I just received the film "Baseball" by Ken Burns from Amazon.com in the USA.  11 dvds of the history of baseball.

That should keep us going through the off-season!

Cool did you like the movie 42?

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

I just received the film "Baseball" by Ken Burns from Amazon.com in the USA.  11 dvds of the history of baseball.

hi Christopher :)

have not seen this Ken Burns history you speak of ...11 DVDs?? wow that's really long   :sleeping:  however on PBS I

saw a Ken Burns 2 hr Special, it was Great! but then I'm a baseball fan :popcorn:

and just to add... I'm single. so every evening is long. :crying:

and I live in Florida. We have no winter.  :sunshine:  :(

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

I'd rather watch a full day of Jack Bauer action ;)

I agree! And right now they are negotiating for another season or two! Maybe even a movie! 

They actually already have approval for 12 episodes, but they are talking about more! :)

Edited by Musky

I agree! And right now they are negotiating for another season or two! Maybe even a movie!

They actually already have approval for 12 episodes, but they are talking about more! :)

wow :o

that are good news for me... I loved the series and the concept :)

I know the topic is dvds for a long winter evening, but "24" takes a whole year to watch, it is so slow and predictable!  The first series was OK, because it was new, but still, the women do such stupid things - even when they are supposed to be highly-trained agents! :uhhuh:

:(

wow :o

that are good news for me... I loved the series and the concept :)

The first to come out will be a "mini-series" "24: Live Another Day" which will be 12, two-hour episodes. It is set several years after the end of the last season. So far both  Kiefer Sutherland and Mary Lynn Rajskub (Cloe) have signed on to do it. Unfortunately, it won't be shown until spring of 2014 :(

• 5 months later...

My wife and I have started to watch the dvds before Spring Training starts this year.  We are just up to the Babe Ruth era.  Some of those early players were pretty mean!

With the physical cheating, and the spit-ball pitching - they would do anything to win. One catcher had a trick of makings his fingers click just like the sound of a foul-tip to fool the umpire into thinking he had made the catch!

Many of these cheats are now in the Hall of Fame, but there is an outcry about recent players who also cheated in order to win but were the best players of their era, and their inclusion in the HofF is questioned!  Seems like double standards there.

Great historical overview of the development of the game, though.  We're loving it.