JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witnesses Begin Construction on New World Headquarters in Warwick, New York - jw.org/news

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3887 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

post-204-0-98484600-1375885155_thumb.jpg

AUGUST 5, 2013 | UNITED STATES

NEW YORK—Jehovah’s Witnesses officially started construction on their new world headquarters in Warwick, New York, on Monday, July 29, 2013, after receiving a major approval from local officials.

On Wednesday, July 17, the Town of Warwick Planning Board unanimously approved the site plan for the Witnesses’ new world headquarters, the final approval needed to obtain building permits to start construction. This approval came exactly four years after the Witnesses acquired the Warwick property on July 17, 2009. After obtaining their first building permit on Friday, July 26, the Witnesses began site work and foundation excavations on Monday, July 29.

MORE

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

attachicon.gifWarwick Aug 5.jpg

NEW YORK—Jehovah’s Witnesses officially started construction on their new world headquarters in Warwick, New York, on Monday, July 29, 2013, after receiving a major approval from local officials.

On Wednesday, July 17, the Town of Warwick Planning Board unanimously approved the site plan for the Witnesses/url]

Thanks Lynn...I have been enjoying the news items about Warwick and am trying to find EXACTLY where the site is on google maps but can't find this particular lake..can you post the map showing where this site is located please? Thanks in advance!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Thank you Margaret..I found it! It even says World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses on the Google map! In my research of the area I came across something that indicates fresh trout will probably be on the menu there!...new world diet?post-2322-0-57205100-1375937084_thumb.pn

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

One of our Elders just returned from working at Warwick. He was there for 2 weeks and gave a short report just before today's Watchtower.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The main things he told us is that they were working "long" days and that the project is proposed for a 4 year build but they want to try and complete it in two-two and a half years.

Since it was during the "Sunday" meeting, he kept it very short.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/americas/united-states/jehovahs-witnesses-warwick-ny-construction/

After receiving site plan approval from local officials, construction began on July 29, 2013, with the goal of completing the project in four years.

EDIT> removed the quote of the entire article per forum policy and added a link so we could go to the article on jw.org

In summary...

* Do not post entire articles or large portions of them from our publications or upload them as attachments to the forums.

EDIT2 - I saw we already had a thread about this - so I merged it.

Edited by trottigy