JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Which one of these things doesn't belong?

While working Saturday night I had to say all of the following EXCEPT one! Can you guess which one was not uttered?

1) Miss, put the gentlemen down--he said he did not want to dance!

2) I don't care if it says Iron Pony Saloon--get the horse out!

3) That is a support pole dear, please get off of it like that!

4) Yes officer they just left.

5) If I hear that song one more time I am turning off the juke box.

Okay, since I can not find how to do a poll (NOT pole) or do a spoiler alert--please post your guess.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Unfortunately it was #4! The most reasonable choice was not said. There was a little bitty cowboy trying to enjoy the music and drink his beer and this very large 'lady' kept bugging him to dance. Finally she just wrapped her arms around him and carried him to the dance floor all the while he was insisting he did not want to dance. A might persistent she was. Rick said she looked like one of the Hee Haw Honey's from the old Hee Haw show with Buck Owens and Roy Clark--overalls and all Rick told her earlier be like her costume and she replied What costume? Kinda like never asking a chubby woman when she is due!

The no horses allowed was told to a man who tried rode in horse in through the side door and out the front. I gotta tell you though Rick told him he could but I had no idea.

The next one was the support pole anchored to a wooden beam. Actually. I found out to my dismay that 13 years ago it really was a dance pole. This cowboy (thank goodness fully dressed) was feeling his Jack Daniels and was quite an entertaining dancer. He grabbed hold if the pole with his knee wrapped around it and was spinning all the while holding his cowboy hat in his free hand and yes hawing at the top of his lungs. He was quite the showman and I could have watched him all night. Later he told us he had been a dance teacher and line dancing was his favorite to teach. So I stood corrected on that NOT being a support pole! What do ya know?

The last one was when Rick said I could go. The band had shut down and some kids kept playing Robin Thickes Urred Lines over and over and trying to twerk and drop it Dow low. By that time I wanted to unplug the jukebox.

LeslieDean

Awesome Leslie. I want to come & hangout at your bar. Sounds like a whole lot of tooting fun. LOLS..

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I saw all of this happen Saturday night. Rick can certainly tell you some adventures he has had and some he has witnessed. He does not mind me being there /tending bar in the day because our clientele are mostly older and there to socialize and enjoy a beer or two. Watch the news. Play checkers. Talk sports, fishing and hunting. Now since I am doing my nurse refresher course to reinstate my license I am there very little. Weekends mainly and maybe an hour 2-3 times a week to order supplies, check in the liqour, get receipts make deposits. But weekends with live entertainment brings a flavor all it's own! There was a bartender named Helen that worked there when we bought the place who was 72 years old!! She was a very salty character and loudly opinionated. She told us one time that a trucker came in the door and shouted Where 's all the girls?' To which she replied 'I am the only girl here and your going to have to look down there (pointing to her knees) instead of up here ( indicating her chest) Rick did not hire her when he took over but I know a lot if the old timers were upset about that. They saw it as getting rid of a good bartender because she was old. Rick said it was because she was rude, loud, opinionated, obnoxious and talked like a sailor. She got a job at the Elks Lodge right down the road.

Never missed a days work. Pluse she wanted to be paid under the table like she had been for the last 20 years.

LeslieDean