JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3819 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Researchers at Singapore's Nanyang Technological University (NTU) have been working on ways to make towns and cities more sustainable by taking waste from housing and turning it into energy.

The team created a new type of toilet system which turns human waste into biogas - which can be used for cooking and generating electricity - and biodiesel.

There is a video attached to this story. It is quite funny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24651214

My wife would have enough gas to power a small city. :) 

Edited by Purple Triangle

You know, not a bad idea!  The Swedes use something similar!  I wish we had a plant here in my State, where human waste could be turned into power, instead of coal, oil, kerosene, gasoline, and those mental windmills that make noise, kill our birds, and may even cause cancer.    Oh well, that stuff is for the paradise.  I wonder what they are using at the new place being built up in Eastwick, New York?  I heard that place will be environmentally safe!  I wish our kingdom halls had solar power, it would stop the brothers from making and posting announcements of how much our electric bill is each month!

Ashley-you must spend a lot of time in the doghouse -Now it maybe the outhouse :whistling::bouncing::nuke::taz:(td)

So far I have managed to avoid the doghouse and the outhouse. I have a very patient wife who also has a good sense of humour. She knows it is all in good fun. Laughter is definitely the best medicine.

Edited by Purple Triangle

I am childish when it comes to farts. Even the word I find extremely funny. For years after Rick and I were married I would wait to go to work to use the bathroom. If I could not wait I would go to the lobby and use the women's bathroom since we always lived in apartments for the first 10 years. The first time he ever heard me pass gas we were watching television and I was sitting length ways on the sofa and he was laying with his head in my lap. Something funny happened and then, well, you know. I did the unthinkable. I fell silent and he started laughing even harder. He raised up and looked at me and said 'How could something so pretty do something so disgusting?" Then I started crying. Women for the most part just don't behave as men do. I have seen total strangers pass gas and neither say a word! How does that happen?

It has now been 28years and I know I could count the number of times he has heard me on one hand. Him? Unable to come that high.

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

You're right ... us guys will let one rip, make some comment - or not, and then let another one rip ..... just a day in the life of being a guy :)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I grew up where you did not fart and if you had to then you left the room. Now married to Bill who is a true Okie and would be proud to claim the dog's farts,as long as they were good ones. He tells me it is natural and if you don't do it you will swell up and bust. He says just raise your hind leg and let it rip!

I haven't gotten that bold but when my youngest boy was home, of course I raised my kids to go to the restroom if they had to fart, so when I married Bill I still had 3 kids at home and my youngest boy couldn't breathe and would eat with his mouth opened and I tried explaining to him how rude that was and he got mad at me and said it wasn't as rude as Bill was farting. haha

We did find out later that my youngest son's sinuses had totally cemented and he had to have surgery to breathe better.

It is very hard when 2 people come from two different backgrounds. I have become desensitized to men farting.

My dog farted in my face two nights ago, I took him out right away.  And he went and fertilized the grass!   The grass is so much greener since he eats organic dog food.   The worse Fart smell I ever encountered was in an elevator.  I was coming down the 24th floor, and some person let one go.  At first no one smelled anything, by the time we hit the 23rd, 22nd, and so on, we got to floor 15th floor, we all got off.  The stench was unbearable, I swear my eyes were crossed and I couldn't get them to go back to normal.  The other guy who got off with me, his shirt melted, the lady who cut it, her make up melted off her face.  She was red all over, but after I got my composure back, my god, it took a while you know!  Those silent deadly types are killers! I almost yelled out "what did you have for breakfast this morning." 

• 3 weeks later...