JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2013 Annual Meeting Highlights - Video

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3379 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Don't be sad brother! I still have to wait for the translation into portuguese first ;)

Yes, that definitely calls for more patience then for us who (just) have to wait for the ship to finally arrive at the harbour. My expectation increases from day to day and I hope I'll never forget how I was longing to finally have the new bible in my hand.

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

One of the points that I like best about the AM and our new bible was when Bro. Splane was talking about Jehovah's name and how it does not apply to just Jehovah becoming whatever He wants, but Jehovah's ability to cause anything He wants to become anything He wants, including us as a people and as individuals. Its gives me a lot of hope for now, the future, and how Jehovah can use each and every one of us according to his good pleasure. What a God! He's always there, always watching, and always ready and capable to help us.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

we dont have ours yet... so when i did the bible reading i printed it out large and put the pages within my large print bible. i couldve borrowed one but then the bible reading wouldve taken 15 minutes and not 5 as my eyes arent great!

i have it on pdf but that format i find quite difficult to use.

just hoping we get the new bibles in our hand for when we start from genesis again in jan.

in general " the haves" in our congregation have been very descreet with their new bibles so as not to upset " the have nots".

christian love to all

gu

I look forward to the day when every single one of us will receive such a beautiful gift from Jehovah at the same time. I did receive mine, but I can imagine the feeling of those in other lands that would love to have one too. If it was possible I know the slave would do just that. Maybe some day soon. I just wanted you to know that we feel for you and hope that yours is available real soon.

Thank you, nice to know others feel out "pain"...lol

In the UK a friend told me that outside of those that actually attended the AM or tie-in, bibles were being distributed first to those congrégations with a Bethel member in them.  I suppose that only applies to the London region.  We were laughing because we were imagining "borrow a bethelite" in order to get on the list.  Really I don't mind waiting, I can read online, download epub and use it at the meeting but yes, there is nothing quite like holding the real thing in your hands...

and of course twisting the life out of it to seperate the pages!

Thank you, nice to know others feel out "pain"...lol

In the UK a friend told me that outside of those that actually attended the AM or tie-in, bibles were being distributed first to those congrégations with a Bethel member in them. I suppose that only applies to the London region. We were laughing because we were imagining "borrow a bethelite" in order to get on the list. Really I don't mind waiting, I can read online, download epub and use it at the meeting but yes, there is nothing quite like holding the real thing in your hands...

and of course twisting the life out of it to seperate the pages!

If that's true then that's only approximately 60 congregations in North London.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm still HOPING!

Here is what I noted on the 2013 Annual Meeting. Its during the question section by a Brother Juan (or Johann) Opperblum asking Brother Guy Pierce (after he asked the audience to break in the bible by twisting it).

Brother Opperblum: "My final question, will there be a reference edition of the Bible?"

Brother Pierce: "That's a very good question. The Governing Body has approved for a study Bible to be prepared. The books of the Bible will be placed on the website as they become available. Later a printed copy will be produced. The pages of the study Bible will have larger margins to allow for notes"

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible