JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2013 Annual Meeting Highlights - Video

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3380 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2013 Annual Meeting Highlights

For this one-time event, 1.4 million around the world were connected by video for the 129th annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. View the highlights of this history-making event.

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/events/video-annual-meeting-2013/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

That Saturday, we had tears of joy. Bring up the same, just watching it. Sort of a tad sad for those who did not get to experience it, but I am sure more is to come. Like Sunshine said. Yes, it was historical, and 1.4 million were a part of it. Not only did we get to be a part of an annual meeting, we have the evidence, in our hands, ond on our tablets. More to come...can you imagine?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Now wasn't that just a beautiful presentation? Can't wait till I get the large print edition for my sore eyes. Our congregation has started a list, just marking the days till we can send the order off.

Good idea :) how many more days is it?

I wonder if we will get the new Bible before you get the large-print?

Great things ahead in the area of video tie-ins I'm certain of it.

I would think so too, though I'm not certain what to make of the words "one-time event". Nevertheless, with the purchase in many locations of the equipment needed to tie-in the meeting, I'd have to imagine there'll be more of this in the future, hopefully with simultaneous broadcasts in other languages as well.

The way it is now with the internet it seems that the only way the organization can release new material and have it truly be a surprise is through this method. Can you imagine if they had released the NWT at this year's conventions? Everyone would've known about it within a week of the first convention. Plus I think it was great getting to see the talks by the Governing Body members and especially how they interacted with each other from one talk to the next. That was pretty funny and makes them more down-to-earth and personable, IMO.

Just stop it.Romans 12:2

I would think so. Our congregation just received another box of bibles. Shouldn't be much longer until you get yours.

Not convinced.  This little backwater of the world (London, UK) used to be fairly important, but now it is relegated to obscurity.  The printeries are working overtime to oversupply the USA first.

I would think so too, though I'm not certain what to make of the words "one-time event". Nevertheless, with the purchase in many locations of the equipment needed to tie-in the meeting, I'd have to imagine there'll be more of this in the future, hopefully with simultaneous broadcasts in other languages as well.

The way it is now with the internet it seems that the only way the organization can release new material and have it truly be a surprise is through this method. Can you imagine if they had released the NWT at this year's conventions? Everyone would've known about it within a week of the first convention. Plus I think it was great getting to see the talks by the Governing Body members and especially how they interacted with each other from one talk to the next. That was pretty funny and makes them more down-to-earth and personable, IMO.

But everyone would have received one! Now we know about its release but can't all have it yet.

I would think so. Our congregation just received another box of bibles. Shouldn't be much longer until you get yours.

Another box!  We haven't received our FIRST box yet.

I want a large print as well.  Have the bible reading this week, so I printed the pages from the PDF edition in a larger size and going to read from that instead.

I want a large print as well.  Have the bible reading this week, so I printed the pages from the PDF edition in a larger size and going to read from that instead.

I know someone who got privately counseled for reading from a printed out excerpt of the bible. Make sure it is okay with your ministry school conductor. Is there a bible you could borrow on the night?

We will get our bibles soon. Meanwhile we can practice that new fruitage of the spirit. :D

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

You could use the (more accurate) 1984 version if you don't have any other.  Why should you have to borrow a Bible?

Edited by bohemian

I know someone who got privately counseled for reading from a printed out excerpt of the bible. Make sure it is okay with your ministry school conductor. Is there a bible you could borrow on the night?

We will get our bibles soon. Meanwhile we can practice that new fruitage of the spirit. :D

Yes, ask first.  Some people think it's better to ask forgiveness than permission, but not in this case.

I look forward to the day when every single one of us will receive such a beautiful gift from Jehovah at the same time. I did receive mine, but I can imagine the feeling of those in other lands that would love to have one too. If it was possible I know the slave would do just that. Maybe some day soon. I just wanted you to know that we feel for you and hope that yours is available real soon.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

Not convinced.  This little backwater of the world (London, UK) used to be fairly important, but now it is relegated to obscurity.  The printeries are working overtime to oversupply the USA first.

Don't be sad brother! I still have to wait for the translation into portuguese first ;)

BTW, any of you friends appear on the video?

The 7 minute video is now online at Jw.org

As well as seeing other brothers in other lands - I was quite happy to spot the parents of a sister in my cong who I've previously mentioned that were at the Stanley theatre that day.. They are the couple that get featured directly after Stephen Lett's small joke. - Priceless!

That's odd, a few weeks ago someone used the 1984 reference bible in their bible reading, and the conductor said that we should use printouts of the 2013 revision if text size is an issue.

That's odd, a few weeks ago someone used the 1984 reference bible in their bible reading, and the conductor said that we should use printouts of the 2013 revision if text size is an issue.

Different ministry school conductor and a different situation. The incident happened quite a while ago and was not associated with anything to do with the new bible. It is just good to ask. Only takes a quick phone call. It probably won't be a problem seeing as it is the new bible and all that.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."