JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help by voting for us?

I posted this over in Comfort and Support - so sorry for the cross post...

I figure some aren't viewing that area so thought I'd pop it over here too.... hope that's okay...

If you have time and would like to, please vote for our small business, The Mop Squad, here's the link and our story.. there's more to our story over in Comfort and Support..

https://www.loveourl...desktop?noflash

http://bit.ly/1extfU4

You can vote once per day, per device.

Thanks!

I can get through with both links.  On the first one I just hit the search button, put in Mop Squad, and then hit the link to her page.

That is strange, I can't get the first link to take me to her voting option, but the second link takes me right to "Mop squad" without me having to search. 

Ain't computers grand? :)

You know I found this happening to me too!

I make sure I vote at the same time each day so I know I didn't vote twice but it went up one and then went back to what it was originally.

Hmmmm.....

Edit:  I sent them an email telling them about this -- will see what they say.

Edited by Tazzy

438  moved into 17th place now!!!!!!!!   

We are 2nd on page 4 already

almost to page 3!!!!!!!

just two more to pass by.....

Thanks SO much everyone!!!!

Reminder links - to vote look for the mop squad :

https://www.loveourl...8_content_93996

:bouncing:

Edited by Tazzy

I posted this over in Comfort and Support - so sorry for the cross post...

I figure some aren't viewing that area so thought I'd pop it over here too.... hope that's okay...

If you have time and would like to, please vote for our small business, The Mop Squad, here's the link and our story.. there's more to our story over in Comfort and Support..

You can vote once per day, per device.

Thanks!

Bump to page 2

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

616 now

I also just noticed when I scrolled down...they are asking for ones to "Join the Conversation" and "Which wish is your favorite?"

Do you think that is how they determine who they choose...besides the 25% from the voting?

If so, they encourage everyone to make comments on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube...or make a comment there on the site.

Just a thought...if anyone wants to do that.  I personally don't have any of those accounts.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

I was wondering if those extra comments help too.

I've been sharing from there on my facebook / twitter.

I don't know how much will weigh in on their decisions and when I did my description of why we need employees, I didn't want to put too much because I don't want my current customers to read about our struggles.

My son has had such pain flares this week that take him out of commission - exhaust him but also leaves him unable to drive or do some of his work duties. He literally is doubled over in pain when it hits him - waves of intense pain so awful!  There is no cure and the drugs they give him only do so much, in fact, now they often don't do much.  I want to help him get to a naturopath or nutritionist but that is something I need to earn more to do.  Really his pain and how this disables him makes it stressful and almost impossible for him to do a regular full time job because he never knows when he will be unable to work and for how long.  With employees, we'd be able to go out looking for more jobs, getting them and do the checking / supervising and putting in supplies, dealing with the customers - all worked around the unpredictable illnesses we suffer but at least we'd know the cleaning would get done as scheduled if we had employees to do it.  Plus, I think our health would improve if we slept more normal hours and did our supervising / quoting in the afternoons / early evenings.

My daughter's issues make me crazy - can't put that in an online description either - but although she helps with the cleaning her intellectual disabilities make it necessary to continually follow up and sometimes redo what she does.  I really do two jobs - my work and checking out anything she does (garbage and sometimes desks / floor washing).... this is so stressful and I've done this for over 5 years now.  With capable employees, I could have more confidence that the work is done efficiently and although still would be working with my daughter it would be managable amounts of time - I can't work with her any more hours than I already do, nor can she handle much more. 

Regardless, there is no way we alone can earn enough (or work enough hours) just doing the cleaning ourselves to dig our way out of the debt.  The other facts I never mentioned are that the debt is because my husband (their father) has refused to honour his obligations, in fact, made it his mission to punish me (and told me so). The justice system has failed to work in his case as he has eluded all their enforcement measures or just doesn't care (lost his license and would rather spend time in jail than have me get any of his money - his words to lawyers and administrators, even to his own brother). There is no way to continue to pursue justice since he was allowed to move the case to far away for me to be able to pursue a trial.  Plus, he has a legal aid lawyer now for free because he was in jail for non support. (Gotta love how this justice system works - doesn't work - ....)  I would have to defend myself because of how the system works determining income due to my self-employment.  As I work each week night, I can't be in court each day for up to 2 weeks when they call our case as it is over 1 1/2 hrs drive each way (and I can't drive that alone) plus I can't work at night, get to the court, stay all day, and then work again that night - so I'm out any of the outstanding support of over $70,000 since I can't continue to fight the case.  Thus our debt - which stands at about $70,000 including all the debts I took with me from the marriage from his own overspending that he left completely to me - from over 8 years of useless, time wasting, waiting for the justice system to find him and prosecute him.  Now he stands to be completely relieved of all debt incurred because of his refusal to cooperate and his deliberate refusal to work and I am left with all the costs of raising our two kids for the past 8 years alone - I paid for it all!

So there is so much more to the back story than meets the eye.

I just want to put it all behind me now and get this business rolling so we can survive and thrive in order to better serve Jehovah - despite the past and how it has affected us all.

I just want to dig my way out of this hole, get my kids and myself the means to treat our medical / health issues as best we can, so we can support ourselves by our cleaning business which can only work if we have some employees.

To start with employees, I need to be able to pay them (and my legally required share of payroll taxes and worker's compensation for those employees) which means I need some funds ahead because the contracts don't pay until after the work is done. That was what I was hoping to do with any funds - start to employ one person to help alleviate the night work so we can do the scouting for more work (along with the other work we do at night).  Then we'd slowly build up to having employees doing the hardest cleaning (floors and cleanups and later night jobs) so we can make the business earn enough to support all three of us without going on disability.  We hope to provide our own disability income by working at this business, having employees yet still earning our own keep.  We have to repair a few vacuums we have so as to put them into new jobs and buy a few more supplies like bowl cleaner, garbage bags, floor wax, etc. I hope it works out.

As all this is not known to the judges, I just have to know Jehovah knows it all and will work out whatever he feels is best for our situation.  I just keep trying to give Jehovah something to work with and working in harmony with my prayers.

well, though look at the amount of votes that we've racked up day after day --- we had less than 300 on Friday at 5 pm and now 5 days later we are at 629! Such an amazing show of support from everyone!!!! Means more to us than words can ever say!  :wub:

Edited by Tazzy