JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cold Front moving thru : Please take care ^_^

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

It's currently 36 degrees where I'm at in Kentucky. The wind sounds so cold blowing around the side of our house. O.O

Earlier, it looked like a blizzard outside! And now the ground is covered.  Just saw a snow-plow truck pass by..

Intellicast weather says it's gonna get down to 1 degree here and accuweather says -22 when including the wind chill. Yikes!

Even worse, Accuweather says it's supposed to be 1 (-22 with wind chill) for the high tomorrow & -6 (-29 with wind chill) at night!!!! :unsure:

Hoping the electricity doesn't go out lol

Just wanted to see how the weather is in everyone else' area & make sure you're all warm and safe!! :wub:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

You are sending it our way - you can keep it, -some areas are expecting 6" to 20" snow/freezing rain/snow with temp dropping to subzero Fast - coldest in 20 years with Artic Vortex temps in -25C ( -13 F ) with wind chill approaching -40 either scale. :scared:  Then you have Winterpeg, Manitoba - that's another story. :eek:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Guest bronxbaby30

In Ohio its raining right now but soon it turns to snow. They already cancelled school for my boys so they know the cold temps are going to be horrible. Not happy but not much we can do but stay in our homes and pray pray pray that the electric doesn't go out. I hope everyone takes needed precautions for the days ahead :)

I've been listening to the forecasts for you folks on the Eastern US. It's terrible. Are you folks ready for this kind of weather? Do you have generators/food supplies/extra insulation/communication devices? I understand you have much worse weather than we do so I think about it sometimes. In December we had an early cold snap, really cold, down to 11 F. For us unusually cold. But on the Pacific Ocean in Oregon and Washington we don't have extreme cold so it's hard for us when we get it. We never get a chance to 'learn' to drive in it! Our problems are generally the wind storms. We can have 80-100 MPH winds. But that cold? Man oh man you can have it. (Just not as bad as it is now!)

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

We live in Indiana, right across from Louisville, KY and it has started snowing here.  Talking about wind chills near -30 tomorrow, which is crazy.  The wind is really picking up out there.  As long as we keep electricity, that is fine.  But tomorrow we have three jobs lined up to drive to, and the ice on the roads is what worries me.  It rained most of the day, so if the temperatures drop fast enough it could be an icy disaster on the roads.  I've already seen a salt truck go down my street, which is a good sign that they're ready.  We'll see what we wake up to in the morning.  

Monday night through Tuesday is when we are supposed to have temps down to the mid teens. That may not be as cold as some get, but for Florida that is cold!

Like my daughter says - at least we don't have to shovel the cold out of the way :-)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Guest bronxbaby30

I've been listening to the forecasts for you folks on the Eastern US. It's terrible. Are you folks ready for this kind of weather? Do you have generators/food supplies/extra insulation/communication devices? I understand you have much worse weather than we do so I think about it sometimes. In December we had an early cold snap, really cold, down to 11 F. For us unusually cold. But on the Pacific Ocean in Oregon and Washington we don't have extreme cold so it's hard for us when we get it. We never get a chance to 'learn' to drive in it! Our problems are generally the wind storms. We can have 80-100 MPH winds. But that cold? Man oh man you can have it. (Just not as bad as it is now!)

We are prepared as much as we can be but no generator and really hoping we don't need one. We have so many brothers and sisters around that if electric does go out we know we have choices as long as we can get there safely.Man alittle worried about what is coming but trying to stay calm during the storm.

Well, I'm a big news hound so when I wake up at 3 in the morning (not on purpose!) I'll snap on the news and check on you folks over there. Please do us a favor and not forget to keep us posted on how it is. Hey, even a picture would be interesting to us "no snow as a rule" people over here.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

After being totally unprepared for an ice storm two weeks ago that left us without power for 6 days in single digit temps, (other than owning a generator, which doesn't do much good if you don't have the right equipment to make it run your furnace and well pump) we were prepared this time. We got over 18" of snow the past two days. We are now more worried about the bitter cold and wind. This has been the worst winter in years for the Flint area. The snowmobilers are very happy though, as they have been wizzing by for two days. It has made me realize that I need to take the Branches advice and get an emergency kit together. We don't know when we will need it.

Yikes! It's 4:45 p.m here, -0 degrees and with a wind chill, it's -20!!!! O.O If it's this cold and the sun hasn't even set + there is still snow on the ground, what's it gonna be like come nightfall!?!?!? :wacko:

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I've been reading how it can freeze your eyeballs outside in some states in 10 minutes!!

On TV, a reporter in USA tipped out his coffee and it turned straight to ice crystals and blew away!

We had a sister who wasn't fully aware how cold it gets in Canada in Winter and, years ago, when visiting her son in Moosejaw, walked with trash to the trashcan outside and had no protection on her face and, in only 5 minutes, suffered frostbite on her nose.This left it swollen and purple for the rest of her life. She had to wear make-up that folks wear who have dark birth/wine-marks on their faces for the rest of her life. Take care!!

• 2 weeks later...

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... it was a heatwave here in my state today, a great day for the ministry!   But lookout, tonight its a total different story, by tomorrow morning around 10am through 11pm the state (cut in 3 regions) is to get 1) 1-3 inches of snow, 2) my region 3 to 6 inches of snow and 3) the eastern shore 6 to 12 inches of snow and the temps for the entire state.....9 degrees and if we have a windchill it will be -10.   Costa Rica anyone?