JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia seeks to ban JW.org

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2958 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"And the serpent spewed out water like a river from its mouth after the woman, to cause her to be drowned by the river. But the earth came to the woman’s help, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the dragon spewed out from its mouth." (Revelation 12:15-16)

Hopefully the brothers and sisters In Russia continue to have a measure of freedom to worship Jehovah publicly and to teach others the good news. It always seems like Russia is on the verge of lapsing back to the way things were. But having the website available will ensure that the Russian people will receive a much more thorough witness before the great tribulation. "The earth" came to our aid again. :D

Just stop it.Romans 12:2

Brother Jez,Can you share how the brothers and sisters are doing in Russia? What do they do about the banned publications? Do people in general have access to the internet? Can the average person afford it?

Hi Sunshine, sorry but I have not had the chance to meet up with any brothers. I am working and generally only there for two or three days at a time. In general however there is little difference between Russia and Western Europe/North America. The internet is ubiquitous, cheap and fast.

I am not sure if any publications are banned. The only thing I cannot reach from jw.org is WOL and I suspect that is discretion on the part of the brothers since the Russian authorities are pretty fickle.

Hi Sunshine, sorry but I have not had the chance to meet up with any brothers. I am working and generally only there for two or three days at a time. In general however there is little difference between Russia and Western Europe/North America. The internet is ubiquitous, cheap and fast.

I am not sure if any publications are banned. The only thing I cannot reach from jw.org is WOL and I suspect that is discretion on the part of the brothers since the Russian authorities are pretty fickle.

Thanks, it's good to know that the internet is available for the people.

• 2 years later...
On 1/22/2014 at 3:05 PM, rocket said:

US Branch - email from Bethelite

At noon today, an announcement on the matter was read just before lunch:  The Appeals Court  in Russia ruled in favor of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Our Web site will not be banned.  Thanks were given for all the work done on the appeal and for the prayers of our brothers.  Foremost, praise and thanks is given to Jehovah for this victory.

Our jw.org  site is still banned till now, more than to years later. :(  We are using...

Spoiler

wol.jw.org,   tv.jw.org,  http://www.jw-russia.org/,  and https://www.isa5417.com/  to download our literature .  The name of the site Isa 54:17 is very easy  to remember

:)