JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia seeks to ban JW.org

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2986 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"We thank you Jehovah each day and each night, that you shed upon us your precious light!  We thank you that we have the priv lege of prayer!"

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

US Branch - email from Bethelite

At noon today, an announcement on the matter was read just before lunch:  The Appeals Court  in Russia ruled in favor of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Our Web site will not be banned.  Thanks were given for all the work done on the appeal and for the prayers of our brothers.  Foremost, praise and thanks is given to Jehovah for this victory.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Funny how the Russian flag has a BEAR on it, they think they are so powerful but like the post above, squashed like cockroaches, I love how cases always go to APPEAL courts, because when we win those, precedents are set...know one can resist Jehovah's Chariot...funny how the next watchtower article shows a shepherd fighting off a BEAR...LOL :notworthy:you are worthy oh Jehovah to receive the glory and the power and the might....I think I got that one right...Rev 4:11

So this was true afterall

http://jwtalk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/12426-Letter-about-Russian-ban-on-jw.org

I wonder where that letter came from...

I just went back and clicked this link.  I found this post most enlightening, though I missed it in December when it was posted. 

This week we have had the overseer's visit. He says, that soon in the Tver court will be trial for banning our website in Russia. Now our  brothers are looking for brothers\sisters of different age to invite them to be witnesses at the court and tell how they use the website and how it helps them in their life.

I liked how they sought out those who used the website.  Since we're as far from a political entity as possible, and we promote peace where we can, the witness would have been given/heard at some point, and from all different backgrounds.  Oh to be a fly on the wall in that courtroom!!!

I posted this link to my facebook to celebrate with all my friends about the result. I had put one of the paragraphs that said "the court had no reason to ban the site" and one of the friends and she is a true blonde said "this is in Russian, do you read Russian". haha.

Don't worry I explained to her that my browser translated it for me. 

I have received several dozen emails and whatsapps today about this subject.

I appreciate that the persons who originated those messages very likely had the best of intentions. And it's also true that it's perfectly right to pray about the advancement of the work. But still I don't feel that's the way we should receive theocratic news. We don't know where those messages came from, nor if all informations in it are accurate.

If the Governing Body had wanted to send instructions to the whole brotherhood, they would have done so through their trusted channels: their website and the elders in our congregations. Surely not by emails forwarded from brothers to all of their contacts. In fact, I think that's exactly what we have been warned against several times recently.

Another problem with this kind of massive messages is that they can be easily manipulated by anyone with ill intentions. As the day advanced today, I received several more messages stating the court had finally banned our website for good, and asking us to pray and to resend the message to all of our contacts. And then a simillar number of emails saying the court ruled in our favor.

Obviously someone's got everything wrong (in the best of cases) or is trying to discourage the friends. Even if it's a well-intentioned brother who understood it backwards, he started a false rumour that was sent to tens of thousands of people.

We all are worried for our brothers in Russia and impatient to know what the verdict was. But please, let's be obedient to the Slave and not contribute to spread unverified rumors. If we do we could be helping apostates do their job.

I am not addressing this message to anyone here in particular, I'm just a bit irritated because just a few weeks ago we had a specific local needs talk about this, and then it was explained again in the annual meeting of pioneers and elders, and yet several pioneers in my congregation fell in the trap today. :o

I have received several dozen emails and whatsapps today about this subject.

I appreciate that the persons who originated those messages very likely had the best of intentions. And it's also true that it's perfectly right to pray about the advancement of the work. But still I don't feel that's the way we should receive theocratic news. We don't know where those messages came from, nor if all informations in it are accurate.

If the Governing Body had wanted to send instructions to the whole brotherhood, they would have done so through their trusted channels: their website and the elders in our congregations. Surely not by emails forwarded from brothers to all of their contacts. In fact, I think that's exactly what we have been warned against several times recently.

Another problem with this kind of massive messages is that they can be easily manipulated by anyone with ill intentions. As the day advanced today, I received several more messages stating the court had finally banned our website for good, and asking us to pray and to resend the message to all of our contacts. And then a simillar number of emails saying the court ruled in our favor.

Obviously someone's got everything wrong (in the best of cases) or is trying to discourage the friends. Even if it's a well-intentioned brother who understood it backwards, he started a false rumour that was sent to tens of thousands of people.

We all are worried for our brothers in Russia and impatient to know what the verdict was. But please, let's be obedient to the Slave and not contribute to spread unverified rumors. If we do we could be helping apostates do their job.

I am not addressing this message to anyone here in particular, I'm just a bit irritated because just a few weeks ago we had a specific local needs talk about this, and then it was explained again in the annual meeting of pioneers and elders, and yet several pioneers in my congregation fell in the trap today. :o

Agreed   ...   couldn't find the link - but just like that printing press story in China last month!   ....  was it true/was it a rumor?

UPDATE: Attempt to Ban JW.ORG Fails

January 22, 2014 UPDATE: Jehovah’s Witnesses won a major court victory today when an appellate court reversed an earlier ruling by a lower court that banned jw.org, the official website of Jehovah’s Witnesses, throughout Russia. The Regional Court of Tver conducted a new trial, which concluded that the decision of the Tsentralniy District Court on August 7, 2013, was unjustified, since there was no legal reason to ban the site. “Witnesses around the world are rejoicing at this victory,” states J. R. Brown, a spokesman at the Witnesses’ world headquarters. “Thanks to this legal victory, all citizens of Russia will continue to have access to this excellent Bible-education website.”

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Recent news about our Russia Brothers:

January 22, 2014 UPDATE: Jehovah’s Witnesses won a major court victory today when an appellate court reversed an earlier ruling by a lower court that banned jw.org, the official website of Jehovah’s Witnesses, throughout Russia. The Regional Court of Tver conducted a new trial, which concluded that the decision of the Tsentralniy District Court on August 7, 2013, was unjustified, since there was no legal reason to ban the site. “Witnesses around the world are rejoicing at this victory,” states J. R. Brown, a spokesman at the Witnesses’ world headquarters. “Thanks to this legal victory, all citizens of Russia will continue to have access to this excellent Bible-education website.”

PS: It's in our website. http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/europe/russia/attempt-to-ban-website/

Jehovah is not just willing to reward his faithful servants—he is eager to do so.

Very Sorry that i posted with out checking lynn's post. Very sorry again. It's just excitement, i guess. But thank you lynn for sharing this wonderful news. And thank you all members for your prayers and supplication. May Jehovah reachly bless you.

Edited by Azotishikor

Jehovah is not just willing to reward his faithful servants—he is eager to do so.