JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kosher and Halal banned in Denmark

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3690 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There is nothing in the Quran about animals being conscious when slaughtered. Muslims are allowed to eat the food of Jews and Christians. it becomes halal when they use Allah's 'name' over the food, which can be done before it is eaten - as in saying a blessing and thanking God for it.

We can still show respect for animals and care for their welfare when we prepare them for food in the New. System. :D

Edited by bohemian

I've already had a head start as it were in this regard. I have five days where I go meatless, and two where I eat what I want. :eat: The ideal diet in Scripture is vegetarian. In my humble opinion, it may be a gradual reversal to that end, but it is the ideal for the human race.

I've already had a head start as it were in this regard. I have five days where I go meatless, and two where I eat what I want. :eat: The ideal diet in Scripture is vegetarian. In my humble opinion, it may be a gradual reversal to that end, but it is the ideal for the human race.

I agree somewhat.  I think in the new system we will be vegetarians.  But I think the reason Jehovah allowed man to eat meat after the flood is because he knew we needed the extra protein to help our quickly deteriorating cells to regenerate and repair.  Some people can do well on a vegetarian diet...but others look emaciated and don't live as long.  It may have to do with our genetic makeup as well, i.e. blood type.  

Right now I'm doing the Paleo diet and feel really good.  However when the fresh veggies start rolling in ... I may go vegan for a few months...and see  how I feel.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

OK, before any more posts on eating meat, please review some of the previous topics on this subject. Here is just one of MANY it's only 5 pages long, there are some that are much larger! :)

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/6149-meat-in-paradise/

Edited by Musky

first beards, now meat   ...   you have a knack for these type threads, huh. :)

Edited by timpin

Before I go any further, maybe I could make a comment on the actual topic of this thread. Halal is basically just mimicry of the Levitical Laws that Jehovah gave to his people. I am not sure why the Danish government is making such a fuss over the minority populations of Jews and Arabs that reside in their country. Kosher and Kashrut Laws are among the most merciful, and ethical methods of killing animals for food. I'm still not clear on the reasons, other then the Danish leaders are just caving in to activist in the country. And besides, don't they have to kill animals in some fashion before using them for food? This seems very strange to me.

We're just messin with the new guy! :)

anyhow a true New Yorker is from the East, all others are just wannabes!   ...  oh oh,  i think he's searching another 5 time 5 page topic - or it's gonna "find" him. (did he just put this site in the same category as farce bark?) :wacko:

Ha ha ha, there is an ongoing debate whether Western New York should suceed from downstate so that may indeed become a reality as to who a true New Yorker is, and another ongoing debate. In my humble opinion Fake Book and this forum are worlds apart, where else can one get spiritually uplifted and messed with in one place? :loopy:

Edited by Kevin Anthony

The main difference in the method od slaughter is the question of whether the animal is conscious when it is killed. In slaughterhouses animals are stunned before slaughter, either by an electric shock or fixed-bolt shot to the head.

The interpretations of 'kosher' and 'halal' that are causing the problem are that the animal should be conscious when its throat is slit, and rituals performed.

The Koran is silent on the matter. So it is purely an interpretation. As for Kosher, it would appear that the main point of contention is again the state of consciousness.

Given the disregard for the sanctity of human life shown by both Jews and Muslims I find the subject rather ironic.