JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Okay sisters! Sound off!

Typically, years ago -1986-when I left Oklahoma -nursing was a female predominate field. Upon arriving to LA there were many males working in that area--I am assuming due to plenty of jobs and very good pay scale. But still largely women. Working with so many women this is what EVERY Saturday morning sounded like. For the first few hours EVERY female took a turn being summoned to the phone. Their end of the conversation? 'Well did you look here or did you look there? Are you sure? The last time I saw it it was here. Look again.' ---and I do mean EVERY female in the unit had their turn!!!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

This is so very true. Having your husband do it was one thing but my boys are the same way. Mikel is the only one left at home when he can't find some thing I tell him did you do your way of looking or did you really look for it.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dear sisters, the brothers know where everything is, that is until the dear sisters move it and then can't remember where they put it so the brothers have to ask where did you put such and such. Well guess what? They (the sisters) can't remember where they put it. They have never seen it before and they would never do anything like that. Right. So it takes me two hours to find something that they never touched or seen before and then they remember, oh yea, I did put them there because they were in the way. I do speak from experience! Drives me nuts. But thats not a very long drive for me.lol

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

saw the thread heading, and knew immediately who started it!      .... you're a trip Les (in a great way) my kinda sister.   - should be a long fun thread (did i mention Long?) hang on for the ride brothers.

Edited by timpin

saw the thread heading, and knew immediately who started it!      .... you're a trip Les (in a great way) my kinda sister.   - should be a long fun thread (did i mention Long?) hang on for the ride brothers.

So Timmy, you think you know me huh? :whistling: It didn't  take long did it? :notworthy:

I use to be one of those women too that could find anything--now?  Not so much.

I am afriad I would push our dear Paul right over the edge!  I too now put things away because, well, someone has too!  My husband is a functionally disorganized person.  He puts NOTHING up but yet remembers where he left it.  Me, I have to follow behind him and put away his belongings because it makes no rhyme or reason where he puts/leaves things.  If he last took an Advil while watching TV--it is on the arm of the recliner or the chairside table.  I think Advil?  Needs to go in medicine cabinet.  He thinks " used a wrench working on the toilet last so it must be on the toilet tank".  Me--at least take it to the garage.  The house would be one big cluttered mess if I did not try and put things away.  Yet he remembers where he left them.  Since I have such poor memory now after the little brain tumor incident, I must try to think logically to narrow down the possiblities.  If I do not return something immediately I will never find it.  Yet if I ask him (and Jehovah knows how bad I hate to ask Rick about the very things I complain about)  he smiles sweetly and goes right to where it is at.  No harsh word, no I told you so, no exasperated sigh.  He's a keeper!  If I can only remember that!

LeslieDean

It's the opposite in my house; I find everything.

Brothers unite! Let's sound off on wives. Ready? Charge!  (Pickett's Charge?)

Your special. to bad they couldn't find the same mould.lols  

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

It's the opposite in my house; I find everything.

Brothers unite! Let's sound off on wives. Ready? Charge!  (Pickett's Charge?)

Gary, do you have hot flashes too?  LOL!  You are an exception!  An exceptional Brother that is!

LeslieDean

Dear sisters, the brothers know where everything is, that is until the dear sisters move it and then can't remember where they put it so the brothers have to ask where did yoT

That's cause guys leave things out & never put away their belongings.lols

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

lol enjoying the thread.... but i wont make any comment that may incriminate myself" ;-)

Come on don't be a woosh. lols

This nurse that I use to work with would also place the back of her hand across her forehead and one on her abodmen and tell her husband "just a minute, I'm tuning in.  Yes, Yes.  It is in the closet in the living room"  or where ever what he waslooking for was located.  She said she did this to bring home the fact to him that the only difference between her and him was she had a uterus so it must be this difference that allowed her to know where these things were.  She was a great gal to work with!

LeslieDean

Well, in defense of men everywhere I have to admit we find things more often because the looking is generally in the house or in my purse. Not so easy in the garage. I was looking for the long outside extension cord. I went out there where it usually is hanging on the wall, all of them are. I could not find one to save myself. I had to call Lew, 'where in thunder is the extension cord??' He said 'hanging on the wall by the gas cans'. I said not it's not, he said yes it is...........he got home from work, grabbed me by the hand, led me to the shop and pointed.....there it was hanging on the wall BUT it was a black one! I said 'how can I see that when it's black?' He looked at me, crossed his eyes and walked out. I had to eat crow for a long time. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Dear Leslie, I think if you could push me over the edge you would have done it by now. (kind of like the frog and the scorpion). It's just your nature.lol

Obviously it's the brothers that do the bulk of the work and the thinking. It seems like the sisters very favorite word is NO! I wonder if they practice it when the brothers are not around. They are so quick to say no it's like they say it before we ask.  hmm

"

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

When my brotherinlaw retired he was bored. He began to 'declutter' my sisters kitchen by removing many small appliances he felt like she did not use often and relocated them to their Morton barn. This is not what I think when I hear the word barn. It has heat and air, cement floor and fancy shutters on the windows. She was very upset he did not ask first. So she went to their garage and rearranged all his tools and sports equipment. They finally agreed to stay out of each others. 'God-given' domain.

LeslieDean