JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Okay sisters! Sound off!

Timmy!   ??  ... oh dear, we must be buds now Les!    .....  I did mention it will be a long fun thread    ---   who got Gabe started?   ...   she's on a roll now, look out!      ... C'mon Cheryl   & Dreama, give it your Best shot!   ....  many of the comfort, consolation & support folk will be down here soon too    <   I thought that remark would ignite a fiery response from the rest of the broads   -   did I just say that?  (meant to say fine sisters, guess auto correct isn't working)    .... time for Timmy to run 4 cover  .....       got my back brothers?

RED hair, huh Chuck!   ~  I'm surprised many from the CC&S group haven't come down to groan yet, also noticed it's @50/50 w/brothers   ...   just trying to be a good washing machine!

post-535-0-89967200-1393538979.jpg

Edited by Musky

RED hair, huh Chuck!   ~  I'm surprised many from the CC&S group haven't come down to groan yet, also noticed it's @50/50 w/brothers   ...   just trying to be a good washing machine!

attachicon.gifsixmonths.jpg

Ok Timmy! How come if ya ask a guy to do a job like make a clothes line it takes him six months to maybe 3 yrs & then some before will leave that couch & remote behind.

I ask Mr A. he says yeah sure but doesn't, I will do it myself & cause its not to his liking will go make something similar.

It puzzels me & is might frustating. :P

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

When I ask Grumpy to do something and it takes more than a few days, I get out my tools, and make a grand production out of starting the project. Of course he knows I won't be able to do it right, soooooooooooo, up he gets and does what I ask. Works nearly every time.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Yep that's my strategy too. I'm now getting ready to back the pickup over to the trailer and 'try' to get the lawn mower rolled up on it to take it in for service. I have to time it when he's about ready to come home. He'll take over and feel like my knight in shining armor and I'll get it loaded and secured. Win win.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Hey Kevin! I try and tweeze those little boogers and so far am successful !

Vernalee and Cheryl----you guys are slick! But the husbands teach us that if you think about it. What about when they go to the kitchen for a snack and start banging out our good skillets? You know the kitchen is going to be a wreck so we go in there and take over. Who trained who? I think it's pretty much a draw.

Did you ever see Everybody Lives Raymond where they got home from a trip and he left the suitcase on the stairs? They were out waiting each other and one if them put cheese in it to rot and smell up the house. This was about the funniest one I remember because it is so true! Who can't relate here to that ?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Vernalee and Cheryl----you guys are slick! But the husbands teach us that if you think about it. What about when they go to the kitchen for a snack and start banging out our good skillets? You know the kitchen is going to be a wreck so we go in there and take over. Who trained who? I think it's pretty much a draw.

Ok Leslie, when were you here to see this! You know it's true. He licks his fingers as he cooks :angry: he then proceeds to open the fridg with those sticky fingers :o then he spills some food under the burner next to the flame :perplexed: then he's eating as he's cooking! So either I run and hide while he's cooking or he's getting booted out and  :pistols:. Then we have to discuss the clean up involved. Mercy me, is worth the price to let him cook and give me a night off?? Nope, not in my house. Last night he used the micro- oh dear, had to boil a mug of water in there to get it off the ceiling. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Ok brothers, I am going to help you out, since you so very badly need it. Here are a fee definitions for you that may help you understand us a little more .

Don't EVER confuse what we say with what we mean. Got What Women Say

And What Women Mean.

ARE YOU WILLING TO: This means you better do it.

FINE: This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut up. Never use "fine" to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of "those" arguments.

FIVE MINUTES: This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the trash, so it's an even trade.

NOTHING: This means "something" and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and will end with the word "Fine".

GO AHEAD (With Raised Eyebrows): This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine".

GO AHEAD (Normal Eyebrows): This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care". You will get a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine", and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools off.

LOUD SIGH: This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment, and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here arguing with you over "Nothing".

SOFT SIGH: Again, not a word, but a non-verbal statement. "Soft Sigh" means that she is content. Your best bet is not to move or breathe, and she will stay content.

THAT'S OKAY: This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you back for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with the word "Fine" and in conjunction with a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead". At some point in the near future, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

PLEASE DO: This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance with the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay".

THANKS: A woman is thanking you. Do not faint. Just say "you're welcome".

THANKS A LOT: This is much different than "Thanks". A woman will say "Thanks A Lot" when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have offended her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud Sigh". Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh" as she will only tell you "Nothing".

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

In all honesty, when my wife hears me in the kitchen she waits for the aroma and says how good it smells. Since I wash what I am using as I go, there are no dishes for her to come in and do. I don't burn the food or damage the utensils.

Her usual complaint is that it is too spicy or too hot (as in pepper) since she does not like much heat in her food. The other complaint is that I made too much and we may not eat it all before it goes bad .... especially things like pizza and chili

Don't get me wrong, my wife is a good cook - after all, I taught her.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

trying to hold in a belly laugh - tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at your last post Leslie, trying not to let Deb hear me, almost wanted to go get her so she could read this thread - it's hilarious!   ...  I said "almost" - not ready to share, cause she'll find a way to use this thread against me at a later time  .....    look someone got Gabe started again -  she's fired up now!   .... good strategy Vernalee and Cheryl - of course you know we set you up for that!!!!    .... you're all too EZ!     ..... (over 31 years of marriage, and it's all worth it)

In all honesty, when my wife hears me in the kitchen she waits for the aroma and says how good it smells. Since I wash what I am using as I go, there are no dishes for her to come in and do. I don't burn the food or damage the utensils.

Her usual complaint is that it is too spicy or too hot (as in pepper) since she does not like much heat in her food. The other complaint is that I made too much and we may not eat it all before it goes bad .... especially things like pizza and chili

Don't get me wrong, my wife is a good cook - after all, I taught her.

John, it's just not fair there's only one of you. 

As far as the kitchen goes, Grumpy is a much better cook than I am and....................he cleans up when he is done. Since I went to work, he started doing the grocery shopping and the cooking. Unless I want something special, he cooks. I do buy the pizza. That's my contribution, along with my yogurt and stuff I eat for breakfast. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Timmy!   ??  ... oh dear, we must be buds now Les!    .....  I did mention it will be a long fun thread    ---   who got Gabe started?   ...   she's on a roll now, look out!      ... C'mon Cheryl   & Dreama, give it your Best shot!   ....  many of the comfort, consolation & support folk will be down here soon too    <   I thought that remark would ignite a fiery response from the rest of the broads   -   did I just say that?  (meant to say fine sisters, guess auto correct isn't working)    .... time for Timmy to run 4 cover  .....       got my back brothers?

we saw it coming and are in front of you!

Ok brothers, I am going to help you out, since you so very badly need it. Here are a fee definitions for you that may help you understand us a little more .

Don't EVER confuse what we say with what we mean. Got What Women Say

And What Women Mean.

ARE YOU WILLING TO: This means you better do it.

FINE: This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut up. Never use "fine" to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of "those" arguments.

FIVE MINUTES: This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the trash, so it's an even trade.

NOTHING: This means "something" and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and will end with the word "Fine".

GO AHEAD (With Raised Eyebrows): This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine".

GO AHEAD (Normal Eyebrows): This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care". You will get a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine", and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools off.

LOUD SIGH: This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment, and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here arguing with you over "Nothing".

SOFT SIGH: Again, not a word, but a non-verbal statement. "Soft Sigh" means that she is content. Your best bet is not to move or breathe, and she will stay content.

THAT'S OKAY: This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you back for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with the word "Fine" and in conjunction with a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead". At some point in the near future, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

PLEASE DO: This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance with the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay".

THANKS: A woman is thanking you. Do not faint. Just say "you're welcome".

THANKS A LOT: This is much different than "Thanks". A woman will say "Thanks A Lot" when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have offended her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud Sigh". Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh" as she will only tell you "Nothing".

LD I know you're good, but are you THAT good - did you come up with this yourself?   ...  I get a kick each time I read it   ...    liked that piece above ^ about Nothing too   ...   you sisters are just so FINE!   ....   why don't y'all take Feb. 29, 30 & 31st off.

we saw it coming and are in front of you!

You aint seen nothing yet Baaabeeee!!!!! Lols

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

LD I know you're good, but are you THAT good - did you come up with this yourself?   ...  I get a kick each time I read it   ...    liked that piece above ^ about Nothing too   ...   you sisters are just so FINE!   ....   why don't y'all take Feb. 29, 30 & 31st off.

If those dates existed we would.

After I'd gone to work I asked hubby any other stairwells need cleaning, No he said. go get your nails done so I  did, :D

I was expecting a Chinese lady, But this muscle bound I think dude Did them. Now were talking, lols