JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Okay sisters! Sound off!

So Timmy, you think you know me huh? :whistling: It didn't  take long did it? :notworthy:

I use to be one of those women too that could find anything--now?  Not so much.

I am afriad I would push our dear Paul right over the edge!  I too now put things away because, well, someone has too!  My husband is a functionally disorganized person.  He puts NOTHING up but yet remembers where he left it.  Me, I have to follow behind him and put away his belongings because it makes no rhyme or reason where he puts/leaves things.  If he last took an Advil while watching TV--it is on the arm of the recliner or the chairside table.  I think Advil?  Needs to go in medicine cabinet.  He thinks " used a wrench working on the toilet last so it must be on the toilet tank".  Me--at least take it to the garage.  The house would be one big cluttered mess if I did not try and put things away.  Yet he remembers where he left them.  Since I have such poor memory now after the little brain tumor incident, I must try to think logically to narrow down the possiblities.  If I do not return something immediately I will never find it.  Yet if I ask him (and Jehovah knows how bad I hate to ask Rick about the very things I complain about)  he smiles sweetly and goes right to where it is at.  No harsh word, no I told you so, no exasperated sigh.  He's a keeper!  If I can only remember that!

Timmy!   ??  ... oh dear, we must be buds now Les!    .....  I did mention it will be a long fun thread    ---   who got Gabe started?   ...   she's on a roll now, look out!      ... C'mon Cheryl   & Dreama, give it your Best shot!   ....  many of the comfort, consolation & support folk will be down here soon too    <   I thought that remark would ignite a fiery response from the rest of the broads   -   did I just say that?  (meant to say fine sisters, guess auto correct isn't working)    .... time for Timmy to run 4 cover  .....       got my back brothers?

Edited by timpin

My wife will leave her empty glass next to where she was sitting but complain if someone else leaves dishes in the sink. It is not that she never puts things away, but she will decide to "rearrange" the kitchen when the rest of are asleep. Then, when we look for where things "should" be and they are not there she cannot always remember where she not has them - so, have to look in ALL the drawers. She cannot really explain why she now thinks a particular knife, spoon or whatever now belongs in a different drawer, she just moves it there.

She also has a habit of putting away anything she does not use - doesn't matter if someone else uses it, she thinks it should be stored somewhere because SHE does not use it.

But then, to be honest, I do not always put things away either.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

It's the opposite in my house; I find everything.

Brothers unite! Let's sound off on wives. Ready? Charge!  (Pickett's Charge?)

This was the charge by the confederates that was the beginning of their end - right? Good choice!!!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Dear Leslie, I think if you could push me over the edge you would have done it by now. (kind of like the frog and the scorpion). It's just your nature.lol

Obviously it's the brothers that do the bulk of the work and the thinking. It seems like the sisters very favorite word is NO! I wonder if they practice it when the brothers are not around. They are so quick to say no it's like they say it before we ask.  hmm

"

NO. We don't. NO. That's just not true. :-)

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Leslie, that is sooooo my husband, lol!!!!

He never can find anything, and I'm like "did you look there or did you look here" and he always says "yes, and it's not there".  Then I go look in those places and he follows me and says "I told you I looked already and it's not there"  Guess what, it's there, hahaha.

Drives me crazy!!!!!  

Yep! Or would you prefer a Spartan reference: Battle of Thermopylae. This thread is a battle we brothers could never win.  :)

Win it? Yes you could Garrrryyy, just take her to the garage.....ahem, try to make her find something in the garage, there we are that's better.

It so funny, there's nothing else in my notification box but ones from this thread, good going Les, you really know how to poke the dragon don't you!! 

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Well... I don't have a garage, but I do have an old run-down shed in the back. No one can find anything in there except snakes, stray cats, bees/wasps, lizards, black widow spiders, squirrels, and one time a litter of kittens.  ::o  I suppose I should do something about that shed. I'll think about that tomorrow; afterall, tomorrow is another day!

Well... I don't have a garage, but I do have an old run-down shed in the back. No one can find anything in there except snakes, stray cats, bees/wasps, lizards, black widow spiders, squirrels, and one time a litter of kittens.  : :o  I suppose I should do something about that shed. I'll think about that tomorrow; afterall, tomorrow is another day!

Oh goodie, I love a bon fire, you tear it down and I'll bring the s'mores!!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My wife will leave her empty glass next to where she was sitting but complain if someone else leaves dishes in the sink. It is not that she never puts things away, but she will decide to "rearrange" the kitchen when the rest of are asleep. Then, when we look for where things "should" be and they are not there she cannot always remember where she not has them - so, have to look in ALL the drawers. She cannot really explain why she now thinks a particular knife, spoon or whatever now belongs in a different drawer, she just moves it there.

She also has a habit of putting away anything she does not use - doesn't matter if someone else uses it, she thinks it should be stored somewhere because SHE does not use it.

Do you married to my father? lol

"Absolute rubbish”

Whaaaaa?  :exclamation:                   Thats what I reckon, Hubby says wanna go home early babe. But guess who the sisters end up waiting for no t once, not twice but 77 times we keep waiting for the hubbies.. Boy they can sure talk. lols

Here's a tip Boyz!post-1015-0-10439000-1393478954.jpglols.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Well... I don't have a garage, but I do have an old run-down shed in the back. No one can find anything in there except snakes, stray cats, bees/wasps, lizards, black widow spiders, squirrels, and one time a litter of kittens.  : :o  I suppose I should do something about that shed. I'll think about that tomorrow; afterall, tomorrow is another day!

Great Sounds like you might get the American Pickers banging on yur door to see if ya got any treasures. Or ,Maybe ya wanna get the Turtle Man in.  LOLS.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Well... I don't have a garage, but I do have an old run-down shed in the back. No one can find anything in there except snakes, stray cats, bees/wasps, lizards, black widow spiders, squirrels, and one time a litter of kittens.  ::o  I suppose I should do something about that shed. I'll think about that tomorrow; afterall, tomorrow is another day!

I wonder what the snakes etc. find in there?

When Grumpy is looking for something, he always looks up. Now come on, since when is the mustard on the ceiling? When I tell him where it is, he says I already looked there, when I get up to look, guess what, it's right where I told him. To be fair though, I lose things more than he does. And he usually helps me find what I lost.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Chips !

me."so... would like some chips with your dinner"

wifey "dont be silly.. too fattening... im watching my figure.. my.bums too big etc..."

dinner turns up.. and you know what hapoens... she wants MY chips! she starts helping hetself

me "are my chips less fattening than your chips?"

wifey " no its ok i just want a taster"

me " let me get you a bowl of ypur own"

wifey " do you want me to be fat ?"

me ... under my breath " no i just wsnt my own chips!"

bet all u sisters do this to your poor hubbys?

(for our family over the pond, chips are large chunky french fries and not crisps)

That was a little peace offering to the sisters. Sound familiar? I'll let it sink in a little bit.

Oh Rett/Gary frankly my friend. lols

Chips !

me."so... would like some chips with your dinner"

wifey "dont be silly.. too fattening... im watching my figure.. my.bums too big etc..."

dinner turns up.. and you know what hapoens... she wants MY chips! she starts helping hetself

me "are my chips less fattening than your chips?"

wifey " no its ok i just want a taster"

me " let me get you a bowl of ypur own"

wifey " do you want me to be fat ?"

me ... under my breath " no i just wsnt my own chips!"

bet all u sisters do this to your poor hubbys?

(for our family over the pond, chips are large chunky french fries and not crisps)

I must be the perfect wife, lols i don't do that but he does & if I haven't cooked something he likes, He will insist on it, & cook it himself.

I love the little pictures with the sayings - so tryue:

1. When a women says "do want you want" - You better NOT!!

2. When a women says "everything is OK" - it really isn't!!

I just wish they wouldn't lie so much. It makes it really hard to know when they are telling the truth.

note: I am certain when Debbie says in that funny voice "No, really - you look great!" then she isn't lying and I really do  :bouncing:  

:lol1:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....