JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Offline pages pro.

SUNRAY asked about a tutorial for using Offline Pages Pro to save websites for offline viewing, so here is my attempt at helping.

First of all you need to download the app Download Pages Pro from the appstore.

post-166-0-96983100-1394150750_thumb.jpg

When you open the app you get this browser:

post-166-0-66817500-1394150958_thumb.jpg

Now follow this tutorial from youtube which a brother put together to show how to download pages for offline use.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RGK2goIK5LA

Next post I'll show you how to do other languages.

So far so good? Great!

Now when you are offline you can access the website to a degree, enough to show someone what it is like.

But what about other languages, I hear you shouting. OK here goes.

Stay in the app and stay online.

The web address in the address bar shows a green tick which indicates it is your saved pages for offline viewing, so you need to clear the address bar, and type in www.jw.org again, which will open the website in English.

The click the language selector and choose the language you want to download next, i.e. Czech ( for me)post-166-0-82852200-1394151447_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-13815300-1394151819_thumb.jpg

When the site is there in the language you require, follow the steps indicated in the video tutorial to download it for offline use. (I choose to download fewer pages for foreign languages as it is just a 'taster'.)

Repeat for the next language you want, such as Vietnamese:

post-166-0-06591300-1394151683_thumb.jpg

Use the directions in the video tutorial to save the pages.

When the pages are downloaded you will end up with a drawer at the left side of the address bar with the various languages in it:

post-166-0-73959800-1394152092_thumb.jpg

I hope this brief tutorial is of assistance. Please ask any questions you wish, and I'll try to answer them in the morning!

I'm sure many will benefit from this...thanks! Are you able to post this on meekspace? Also..some of us need to use the Android version Offline Browser Pro..When I open the app there is a menu which is where I suppose you have to specify a language..you don't see the webpage beforehand, you just type in jw.org...?

Anyone know about Android version?

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

The android AP  OFFLINE BROWSER Pro costs $2.50

Its install is very different than the IPAD version but it fairly easy to install. 

When the app opens you click the " + " sign  at the bottom of the screen and the edit screen opens. 

From the edit screen- on the LINK line you type in the web address ( jw.org   or if a foreign language such as French, type    jw.org/fr/

Then select the options you desire.  Make sure you set the MAX Depth level for links.  The HELP function explains what each option means.

Once you have selected your options and click OK and DOWNLOAD.  

it works really well. 

Great addition, Deborah! I know nothing of android apps, so this helps round out the help on this thread.

Jasmin, I went about 3 or 4 links deep and about 100 to 200 pages, depending on the language . In English I downloaded more pages. I have 10 languages with material downloaded and it is taking about 9gig! That's quite a lot, so I'm being circumspect now.

I try to keep in mind that I am only giving a quick demonstration of the site to encourage the h/h to use the site for themselves, not going into a study with them.

Elizabeth, the video of it is on meekspace already. Look under the videos section for "How to use JW.org in the ministry...."

The brothers have made some exceptional instructional videos.

I'll move this to a more appropriate forum.  Christian Life, Dedication, Meetings and Ministry is about our lives and activities as they pertain to Jehovah and his service.  Meetings, field service experiences, Christian values and conduct, etc...  While this app or porgram can be used to read JW.org offline, the topic is really about the software.

Great addition, Deborah! I know nothing of android apps, so this helps round out the help on this thread.

Jasmin, I went about 3 or 4 links deep and about 100 to 200 pages, depending on the language . In English I downloaded more pages. I have 10 languages with material downloaded and it is taking about 9gig! That's quite a lot, so I'm being circumspect now.

I try to keep in mind that I am only giving a quick demonstration of the site to encourage the h/h to use the site for themselves, not going into a study with them.

Elizabeth, the video of it is on meekspace already. Look under the videos section for "How to use JW.org in the ministry...."

The brothers have made some exceptional instructional videos.

Good morning brother! I have a couple of questions..if you have time please...First, is there any way of knowing how much storeage is needed for each language download for 3 layers of jw.org? Can we download WOL also with all the reference material for study?..Thanks!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Good morning brother! I have a couple of questions..if you have time please...First, is there any way of knowing how much storeage is needed for each language download for 3 layers of jw.org? Can we download WOL also with all the reference material for study?..Thanks!

I wish I knew the answers to these questions, sister. I cannot imagine that one would be able to download the entire wol, though.

On iPad you can check the storage used for each app you have, so if you add a language at a certain depth and compare the before and after figures, that might help, but beyond that, I don't know.

I'm no expert in these matters, just someone who plays around with things!

• 2 months later...

I have downloaded the app  ,   Offline Pages Pro for my ipad.    I need help to put the video clip- Why study the Bible? in this app for viewing while offline ( in the ministry).    I have the jw.org website downloaded to this app but don't know how to get off that page and do anything else.   I am not very tech savvy.   I did look for a tutorial but there is none that I have found for this app.    Help would be greatly appreciated.

I have downloaded the app  ,   Offline Pages Pro for my ipad.    I need help to put the video clip- Why study the Bible? in this app for viewing while offline ( in the ministry).    I have the jw.org website downloaded to this app but don't know how to get off that page and do anything else.   I am not very tech savvy.   I did look for a tutorial but there is none that I have found for this app.    Help would be greatly appreciated.

We had a video tutorial on meekspace for this app, but with our servers down, I can't find it. This brother did a good job creating one though:

I use the app Documents 5 by Readdle for downloading the videos. It has a built-in browser and it will download the videos including Why Study The Bible? Directly to the app.

The offline pages isn't really intended for having the full site, in my opinion, but to show a couple of pages might just encourage someone to look at the site for themselves.