JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Are Women Hazardous?

I am definitely going to get in trouble for this.  :ecstatic:

The Good Wife's Guide

The following is excerpts from a 1950's home economics textbook intended for high school girls, teaching them how to prepare for married life:

1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a deliciousmeal — on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.

Good-Wives-01.jpg

4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.

6. Some Don'ts: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he's late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.

Good-Wives-02.jpg

7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax.

I'm expecting a backlash from this one.
:)

Thank goodness it's not the 1950's anymore!!!!

Just reading this wore me out!

Edited by ava

Simpler for the men maybe.

Nana would talk about grandad.

He went to work. But he also went to the pub.

Not to mention gambling.

She didn't have a proper washing machine.

She had a copper. She would heat the water and wash the clothes.

Did it all. No fridge. Just an ice box.

But guess neighbors still spoke.

Guess one didn't have to lock doors.

&the milk man came around.

I am glad for our gadgets and not having to have to stay at home.

Glad don't have to have curlers in the hair just to feel like you a woman.

Lols.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Do you know what's worse than a male chauvinist pig?

A woman that never does as she's told.  :)

What are the 3 fastest means of communication?

Internet, telephone and telawoman

Some mornings I wake up grouchy..............and other mornings I just let her sleep.

Wife: "The 2 things I cook best are meatloaf and apple pie."

Husband: "Which is this?"

Lol, cute.

I do enjoy the comments like "the most powerful money reducing agent known to man".  I can honestly say, in my home, and one thing my female friends complain about is the amount of money husbands spend, especially on electronics and gadgets.  Guys are always needing to upgrade to the newest and the better product.  Women seem more content with what they already have and usually don't feel the need to buy a new product to replace a product they just bought few months ago, lol.  At least in my experience.

I can fully understand this concern. Women purchase countless number of shoes at $10 or less. Men. on the other hand, purchase one speedboat for $25,000. We can easily see who cannot control their purchases!

Don't tell anyone, but my wife is on her way home after 5 days in Townsville and in that time I have looked after the children, all the clothes are washed, dishes are done and I am about to vacuum the floor. Does that make me a hypocrite?  :)

I love my wife very much and I can't wait to have her home. 

Hopefully everything said in this thread has been taken with a grain of salt. We all need a laugh. It is the best medicine.

Guess what: I'm staying home today to clean the bathroom, vacuum the livingroom, wash the dishes and tidy up around the house. My wife has left home to go to work. 

I knew this would happen, but hey, I managed to slip away from it for the last 20 years. I guess it's about time to help her out at home... Maybe she even get happy when she gets home :D

When I started working full time a few years ago, Grumpy helped a little bit, but as the years have gone on, he now does a lot of it and even though I am not working full time, he is still helping out a lot. He does most of the cooking now. Which I am happy for because my cooking skills have gone downhill.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Guess what: I'm staying home today to clean the bathroom, vacuum the livingroom, wash the dishes and tidy up around the house. My wife has left home to go to work.

I knew this would happen, but hey, I managed to slip away from it for the last 20 years. I guess it's about time to help her out at home... Maybe she even get happy when she gets home :D

You may be entering the second honeymoon

phase! Better take all your vitamins!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Women seem more content with what they already have and usually don't feel the need to buy a new product to replace a product they just bought few months ago, lol. At least in my experience.

A woman would say that. After all, you can't expect them to remember anything after their eyes roll to the back of the head when one screamed "SHOE SALE!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

How come, then, the only people I ever hear saying, "I thought it was about time to spend some money on myself!" are women?

And Vernalee, could it be that your cooking skills have 'gone downhill' because you're not doing as much as you should?

A woman would say that. After all, you can't expect them to remember anything after their eyes roll to the back of the head when one screamed "SHOE SALE!"

Or any thing "On Sale" I'm always telling my wife ..."We Can't Afford To Save Anymore Money!"

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

How come, then, the only people I ever hear saying, "I thought it was about time to spend some money on myself!" are women?

And Vernalee, could it be that your cooking skills have 'gone downhill' because you're not doing as much as you should?

Very possible, but he got tired of eating ice cream for dinner.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

-

Dear Brother Raymond! I'm glad you are at arms length when you wrote that to Vernalee! :-) Because if she didn't get you I would! I did not see an emotioncon after your statement but I do hope you were teasing like so many of the brothers do here. That would definitely be funny. But I hope what you meant was has your cooking skills slipped some due to all your added responsibilities! :-).

Who said women have to be the cook? Are the cooks at Bethel men, women or both? I believe who ever enjoys it and is good at it gets the privledge.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!