JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Are Women Hazardous?

Hey Gabe, Leslie, Dreama, Cheryl, Jules, Ava, Deena and the rest of you fine, dear, sweet Sisters   ...  http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/13952-okay-sisters-sound-off/  ...  c'mon over here - this thread was custom made fer ya'll - V's already got a jump on ya!   .... hope I didn't miss anyone, I'm glad you love me.

Edited by timpin

Apparently they must be hazardous. Brothers on here preface their joking posts with apologies as of they're anticipating backlash. Sisters don't do that near as often. Kinda telling, eh? ;p.

What did ya say? I was grooming my soul

Patch' !

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Lol... In all seriousness when their

beards catch on fire when

they are working near the

cooker can be highly dangerous...

Some asbestos chin protector may

be in order?

That was meant for you too! :-)

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Apparently they must be hazardous. Brothers on here preface their joking posts with apologies as of they're anticipating backlash. Sisters don't do that near as often. Kinda telling, eh? ;p.

did you say anticipating - man I'm ENCOURAGING it   ...   bring it on, of course our sisters know all about Submission and wouldn't dare (that oughtta get their blood boiling)     ...  wait'll they find this gem later! 

ALL I can say is y'all bring it on Dude's, Ya want trouble.

Then go ahead make our day. LOLS

post-1015-0-01030900-1394800427.jpg

post-1015-0-88985900-1394800477_thumb.jp

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Lol, cute.

I do enjoy the comments like "the most powerful money reducing agent known to man".  I can honestly say, in my home, and one thing my female friends complain about is the amount of money husbands spend, especially on electronics and gadgets.  Guys are always needing to upgrade to the newest and the better product.  Women seem more content with what they already have and usually don't feel the need to buy a new product to replace a product they just bought few months ago, lol.  At least in my experience.

Lol, cute.

I do enjoy the comments like "the most powerful money reducing agent known to man".  I can honestly say, in my home, and one thing my female friends complain about is the amount of money husbands spend, especially on electronics and gadgets.  Guys are always needing to upgrade to the newest and the better product.  Women seem more content with what they already have and usually don't feel the need to buy a new product to replace a product they just bought few months ago, lol.  At least in my experience.

Ouch!   You been eavesdropping on me?  I have just seen an upgrade to my hifi dac!

My husband just a new phone few months ago.  There is now a newer phone he wants.  So he wants to take the upgrade on my phone in 2 months and use it to get his new phone and then give me his phone he just bought a few months ago, lol.

I informed him that maybe I will use my upgrade and get this new phone he wants for myself instead!!!  Then I will have the newest phone in the family, hahaha.

Guys and electronics/gadgets, they are never happy with what they have.

Edited by ava

Nah, women don't spend much money and are content. They would never have eleventy billion pairs of shoes, would never worry about keeping up appearances by having the right house (those are cheap), and certainly don't fill the shopping malls buying overpriced items. Honestly, these things are always funny because both sexes do the same things often in slightly different ways, but stereotyping is easy and more fun, lol. People are people.

Nah, women don't spend much money and are content. They would never have eleventy billion pairs of shoes, would never worry about keeping up appearances by having the right house (those are cheap), and certainly don't fill the shopping malls buying overpriced items. Honestly, these things are always funny because both sexes do the same things often in slightly different ways, but stereotyping is easy and more fun, lol. People are people.

Eleventy billion shoes, lol.  

I think the difference is while I may have more shoes then my husband, I find good deals and my shoes cost alot less then all of his gadgets and electronics, hahaha.

I make our family budget, so I think I'm more aware of spending.  Most of the wives I know handle the budget and bills, so I think that helps when it comes to our personal spending.  

I have an elder at my hall whose wife is awesome in finding clothes/shoes at great prices.  He says "thanks to my wife's thrifty spending, I have more money to spend on my stuff" lol.

Edited by ava

I handle all of the money, and my wife doesn't care about it whatsoever. I decorate the house, and she builds the furniture. I started our cleaning business. She loves doing lawn care. I actually bought her the eleventy billion shoes and got her out of her hiking boots and taught her how to dress. She taught me how to have fun and not be so serious all the time. I'm in touch with my emotions and I'm very verbal, while she's likely to shut down.

We have worked together, just the two of us, every day for 14 years. We talk about stuff instead of about one another. If one of us has a problem, we address it. My mom was great about complaining about my dad instead of talking to him and working on things. My wife was her mom's confidant as well. I can't stand it when people talk about their spouse instead of to them. We make pretty much all decisions together. Obviously there are days where we want to kill one another, lol, but we realized a long time ago that we both do the same things in different ways. That's the beauty of marriage. One person's strengths make up for the other person's deficiencies, and vice versa. Instead, many spend time only looking at what they give and complain about the other.

We work in family homes in our cleaning business, and have had an up close look at the dynamics of hundreds of families over these many years. There are more traditional families where that works for them, and others that flip the stereotypes on their heads. It all works if people just work together as partners instead of me and you. I'm thankful to work with my wife every day because it forced us to grow in ways we couldn't have apart.

Sorry, that may have been too serious. Here you go:

I do all of the driving (because the stereotype of women drivers is one that is true in all cases), but at least my wife doesn't nag me while I drive. You know, because women be shopping (thirty $10 items costs the same as one $300 item), and women be naggin'. ;)

Hey Gabe, Leslie, Dreama, Cheryl, Jules, Ava, Deena and the rest of you fine, dear, sweet Sisters   ...  http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/13952-okay-sisters-sound-off/  ...  c'mon over here - this thread was custom made fer ya'll - V's already got a jump on ya!   .... hope I didn't miss anyone, I'm glad you love me.

I was surprised to see that ONLY 3 of you had the gumption to respond, what happened to the rest   ...   sissies?   /   or at the Mall!  ...  Shoes!   ... how about a different pocketbook for each day/occasion!   ...    and Service bag   ...  meeting bag?   ...  of course they would have to match the shoes.

Edited by timpin

Oh Timmy the rest don't need to respond. MEN are wooshes any given day

They think their gifts to women.

They try to impose their egos.

But keep trying. Lols :)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I was surprised to see that ONLY 3 of you had the gumption to respond, what happened to the rest   ...   sissies?   /   or at the Mall!  ...  Shoes!   ... how about a different pocketbook for each day/occasion!   ...    and Service bag   ...  meeting bag?   ...  of course they would have to match the shoes.

Don't forget that women and credit cards/charge accounts are dangerous combinations.  Even 50 years ago "Wilma & Betty" in the "Flintstones" quite often -when there was perceived to be extra money would yell "CHARGE IT!"  Things haven't changed.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I am definitely going to get in trouble for this.  :ecstatic:

The Good Wife's Guide

The following is excerpts from a 1950's home economics textbook intended for high school girls, teaching them how to prepare for married life:

1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a deliciousmeal — on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.

Good-Wives-01.jpg

4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.

6. Some Don'ts: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he's late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.

Good-Wives-02.jpg

7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax.

I'm expecting a backlash from this one.
:)

Edited by Purple Triangle

What is Celibacy?

Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by 
circumstances.

While attending a Marriage Weekend, Frank and his wife Ann listened to the instructor declare, “It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other.”

He then addressed the men.

“Can you name and describe your wife's favorite flower?”

Frank leaned over, touched Ann’s arm gently, and whispered,
“Gold Medal-All-Purpose, isn't it?”

And thus began Frank's life of celibacy.