JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Satan improves big bang

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3678 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi, Glenn. I know this is hard to understand because I don't fully understand it myself, but space and time themselves haven't always existed, they were created at a certain point at the beginning (be it a Big Bang or whatever). So before the beginning nothing material could have existed, simply because there was no room (space) to contain it.

Good points.

Actually, the idea that at some point there was no time and space is even harder for me to get my mind around than the idea that God has no beginning and no end!  The reason why I can accept the idea about God is because he has been communicating with humans for thousands of years, and that he promises everlasting life.  He couldn't promise something that he doesn't have himself.

But this idea that all existence in the universe,including matter, energy, forces, and laws, had a beginning, and time and space is part of the universe, means that there was a point at which there was no time or space.  OOOOHHH.  But God was there too.  HHHHOOOO!!

According to the Big Bang model, the universe expanded from an extremely dense and hot state and continues to expand today. A common analogy explains that space itself is expanding, carrying galaxies with it, like spots on an inflating balloon. The graphic scheme above is an artist's concept illustrating the expansion of a portion of a flat universe.

The earliest instant of the Big Bang expansion is still an area of open investigation. The Big Bang theory does not provide any explanation for the initial conditions of the universe; rather, it describes and explains the general evolution of the universe going forward from that point on.

The only point of disagreement I find between the Bible and the Big Bang theory is related to the ultimate fate of the universe, and this is a perfect case of the limitations of human science.

According to the Big Bang cosmological model, there are basically two possible scenarios, depending on the shape and density of the universe: or it continues expanding forever, or it collapses due the force of gravity and begins shrinking back to the initial point. In any of those cases, the fuel that keeps stars shining gradually runs out, the universe becomes colder and colder until everything is cold and dark and dead.

The reasoning behind those calculations is perfectly sound: the stars are huge masses of hydrogen that slowly turns into helium due to some nuclear reactions, releasing in the process enormous amounts of light and heat. Since the amount of hydrogen is not infinite, there will come a point when it will be exhausted, and the star will extinguish, exactly like a car that runs out of fuel. This is as logical as all get out.

I said this shows the limitations of human science because they are only calculating from a materialistic viewpoint, without taking into account Jehovah's power and purpose. Maybe he has established a mechanism to invert that process. Maybe he has another solution ready. Or maybe we got everything wrong. We will see after a few thousands of millions of years. :D

Edited by cvillarrubia