JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Satan improves big bang

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3672 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Seeing that his world is crushing down quickly and more people are turning to the truth, Satan and his colleagues decided to lead more astray by enhancing one of his great lies: The big bang theory.

m.bbc.com/news/science-environment-26621496

Has the slave recently reversed their position on the big bang theory? Most references I can find say that it both supports and is supported by the Genesis account, and the vast amounts of energy needed under that theory is often cited as evidence of a creator.

Where are these articles? I've never really seen that but I've not seen a lot of thing so ya...  :D

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Clever observation Obed! I saw that article earlier but didn't complete it there was too much Satan in it!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Origin of the Universe: Gen. 1:1: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” In 1978, astronomer Robert Jastrow wrote: “Now we see how the astronomical evidence leads to a biblical view of the origin of the world. The details differ, but the essential elements in the astronomical and biblical accounts of Genesis are the same: the chain of events leading to man commenced suddenly and sharply at a definite moment in time, in a flash of light and energy.”—God and the Astronomers (New York, 1978), p. 14.

A Universe Full of Surprises

It was soon thereafter that Hubble observed that the universe is expanding, for he saw that distant galaxies were receding from us. He also noticed that the farther away the galaxy, the faster the recession. Those observations imply that the universe of yesterday was smaller than that of today. When Hubble published his groundbreaking work in 1929, he paved the way for the development of the big bang theory of the origin of the universe, which indicates that the universe originated in a cosmic explosion approximately 13 billion years ago. But the picture is still incomplete.

How Fast Is the Expansion?

Since the time of Hubble, astronomers have been trying to measure as accurately as possible the rate of expansion, referred to as the “Hubble constant.” Why is this measurement so important? If astronomers could calculate how fast the universe is expanding, they could use that calculation to estimate its age. Moreover, the rate of expansion might have serious implications for the future. How so? It is reasoned that if, for instance, the universe is expanding too slowly, gravity might ultimately win out and cause everything to collapse in a final “big crunch”! But if the expansion is too rapid, the universe might expand forever and dissipate entirely.

While more precise measurements have provided answers to some questions, other questions have been raised—questions that cast doubt on our present understanding of matter and the fundamental forces of nature.

Clever observation Obed! I saw that article earlier but didn't complete it there was too much Satan in it!

The Big Bang Theory is not in direct contradiction with the Bible.  It's the INTERPRETATION of the evidence that is in question.  As you see from the two above references I provided, the slave is not saying the Universe did not suddenly appear in an explosion of matter and energy.  I mean, what do you think happened when Jehovah created the universe?  It may very well have happened in an explosion of matter and energy.

Now, the act of creating planets and live on the earth... that is not what the Big Bang Theory is talking about.  The Big Bang was just the beginning.

Ah, I get it... my fault. I thought he was saying basically the Society was saying everything about it is true. I saw those very same articles you mentioned and I didn't get that impression. I at least got from it that it was a questionable subject but plausible or something to that nature.  :) Sorry.

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Ah, I get it... my fault. I thought he was saying basically the Society was saying everything about it is true. I saw those very same articles you mentioned and I didn't get that impression. I at least got from it that it was a questionable subject but plausible or something to that nature.  :) Sorry.

I don't think anything has been printed stating that the entirety of the theory is true, since it obviously doesn't answer everything and often leads to new unscriptural theories about the source of the energy, but it seemed quite odd to refer to it as a satanic lie when even the Reasoning book refers to it as an example of the Bible's scientific accuracy.

Geez, am indeed a kid in Jehovah's house. I never knew that the society had articles on it. I gotta study more! Sorry, brothers, for the post.

It was good you brought this up Obed.

From http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bangpost-194-0-24888800-1395649701.png

According to the Big Bang model, the universe expanded from an extremely dense and hot state and continues to expand today. A common analogy explains that space itself is expanding, carrying galaxies with it, like spots on an inflating balloon. The graphic scheme above is an artist's concept illustrating the expansion of a portion of a flat universe.

The earliest instant of the Big Bang expansion is still an area of open investigation. The Big Bang theory does not provide any explanation for the initial conditions of the universe; rather, it describes and explains the general evolution of the universe going forward from that point on.

So the big bang theory is saying the universe had a beginning.That's in harmony with Genesis 1:1

That idea, which is now quite obvious, was not so much evident sixty years ago, when the "absolute truth" in the scientific community was the Steady State theory, which said that the universe had always existed. That is what Einstein and his colleagues believed. Cosmologists back then mocked the Bible as ludicrous and ignorant because it says the universe had a beginning, while science had proved beyond doubt that it had always existed.

Then someone realized that since galaxies are quickly moving away from one another, that means the universe is expanding. Following that reasoning, there must have been a time in the distant past when all celestial bodies were very near, and even before, a time when all of them were united at a single point. And so appeared the Big Bang theory and it seemed Steady State was not the absolute truth after all. Of course, most scientists were reluctant to accept this new theory, their main complaint being that it introduced a religious concept (that universe had a beginning) into cosmology. Interestingly, Georges Lemaitre, the scientist that first proposed the Big Bang theory, was also a Catholic priest.

In 1964 or 1965 a new type of radiation was detected, named "cosmic microwave background radiation", that confirmed some aspects of the Big Bang theory and disproved the Steady State theory for good. As far as I know no scientist ever apologized for having called the Bible ignorant, but rather tried to build a model for the Big Bang that did not require God to put it into motion.

Cosmology at present boasts that they can explain quite exactly the physical processes that took place in the few seconds following the Big Bang, and that's possibly true. However, the very instant of the beginning, and whatever may have existed before, they call a "singularity", which is the scientific euphemism to mean "we don't have the least idea and cannot explain it".

The Slave has never said they agree with every detail of the Big Bang model, and neither can they, since they are not entitled to give opinions regarding scientific questions. Besides, adjustments are made continuously to the theory as new facts are discovered. Maybe tomorrow a new theory will appear that explains the universe even better. But in any case the Big Bang theory doesn't pose any problem for Christians since it basically agrees with the Bible record and complements it explaining scientific processes whose description is out of the scope of the Scriptures.

What Christians absolutely disagree with is the idea that the Big Bang happened without an intelligent Designer controling it.

Their latest research concerns the first trillionth of a second after the Big Bang.  They think they have evidence confirming a theory about what happened at that time which would also support the theory of an infinite number of universes being created.  The point of this is to discount the 'fine-tuning' of our universe, by saying that in an infinite number of universes ours with its fine tuning for intelligent life was inevitable.

This would also mean there is another universe where Christopher Hitchens was the Pope and Richard Dawkins the Archbishop Of Canterbury!  (If an infinite number, then all possibilities are catered for!)

What is interesting about the latest Theory is that after the initial part of a second - the universe just appeared fully formed, which then started to expand. Parts of the expansion is faster than others - faster than the speed of light. Einstein gets wholluped again. We know that Jehovah and His angels are not limited by the arbitrary speed of light theory. :sunshine::dance:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

It was good you brought this up Obed.

From http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bangattachicon.gif300px-Universe_expansion2.png

According to the Big Bang model, the universe expanded from an extremely dense and hot state and continues to expand today. A common analogy explains that space itself is expanding, carrying galaxies with it, like spots on an inflating balloon. The graphic scheme above is an artist's concept illustrating the expansion of a portion of a flat universe.

The earliest instant of the Big Bang expansion is still an area of open investigation. The Big Bang theory does not provide any explanation for the initial conditions of the universe; rather, it describes and explains the general evolution of the universe going forward from that point on.

The problem with the so called Big Bang. What happens if they find out that there were stars or gallaxys before the Big Bang?

If there were another universe before this one, that would invalidate Genesis 1:1.

This question is we need to know what is consisted in our Universe? Because every house is built by someone and the MATERIALS for the house was made BEFORE the builder makes the house. Hebrews 3:4

If this is so; did Jehovah created the Universe with physical matters that he made before he made the Universe?

If this is so; did Jehovah created the Universe with physical matters that he made before he made the Universe?

That would be the "singularity", an ultra-dense mass containing all matter and energy in the universe today condensed to a microscopic point, which only existed for a tiny fraction of a second before it exploded in the "big bang".

This question is we need to know what is consisted in our Universe? Because every house is built by someone and the MATERIALS for the house was made BEFORE the builder makes the house. Hebrews 3:4

The building blocks of the universe are nothing more than Energy (E=mc^2)

Where did the Energy came? From Jehovah himself >> see Is 40:26

Asking what was Before the begining is a meaningless question because temporal questions have sense only in the context of time... But time itself started in the begining stated by Gen 1:1

Now,we don't know if the begining happened with the so called Big Bang, nor the slave is saying that. What we do know is that it is compatible with the Bible...

This question is we need to know what is consisted in our Universe? Because every house is built by someone and the MATERIALS for the house was made BEFORE the builder makes the house. Hebrews 3:4

Hi, Glenn. I know this is hard to understand because I don't fully understand it myself, but space and time themselves haven't always existed, they were created at a certain point at the beginning (be it a Big Bang or whatever). So before the beginning nothing material could have existed, simply because there was no room (space) to contain it.

I have always gotten the impression that the part of the Big Bang theory that is objectionable from a scriptural standpoint is the suggeston that God was not the cause of the beginning of the universe, that it just happened, or it took place using non-God processes that scientists have not been able to detect yet.  But the idea that the universe had a beginning is clear from Genesis 1:1, where it clearly states that God is the creator of the heavens and the earth.

Their latest research concerns the first trillionth of a second after the Big Bang.  They think they have evidence confirming a theory about what happened at that time which would also support the theory of an infinite number of universes being created.  The point of this is to discount the 'fine-tuning' of our universe, by saying that in an infinite number of universes ours with its fine tuning for intelligent life was inevitable.

This would also mean there is another universe where Christopher Hitchens was the Pope and Richard Dawkins the Archbishop Of Canterbury!  (If an infinite number, then all possibilities are catered for!)

Just to add on this thought, If ALL possibilities exist in an infinite number of universes, then one possibility would have to be that one of them was created by a Creator - God - called Jehovah. So if that is a possibility, why should it not be this universe?

Roberta I see you also get the point and your reasoning is also very logic. Sometimes when we are on here ALL day and EVERY day our higher thinking abilities becomes fuzzy and then we look for anything to dispute for no apparent reason and it befuddles our thought process!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."