JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Star Trek - The Next Generation

I was always a Spock person...and never could get into any of the other series.  Of course, I never really gave them a chance because I always was annoyed that they'd canceled the original (yes, I know third season was pretty awful)! 

Vulcan smiley

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

Worf ( John ),

Live long and prosper. I must say that I liked Captain Picard over Captain Kirk, although Picard never

quite had the equal that Kirk had in Spock, unless you take the combined skills of Data and Lt. Troi into

consideration.

(tu)    GStorr46   (td)

If Kirk had encountered the Borg instead of Picard, Janeway would've never had to deal with them - and neither would Picard.

I'm just waiting to see who thinks Archer was the best Captain :eek:8-)  :whistling::lol1:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

What did you learn from it that may apply to Jehovah's "eternal purpose" with regard what may happen after the

end of the 1000 years reign of Christ and the final binding and destruction of Satan ? What else did

you enjoy that would be placed in the pure "fun" category ?

GStorrs46

Well, let's see. I mused that if corporal man was to travel to other parts of the universe he too would need many of the abilities TNG had.

1. Replicators.
  • What Jesus had was better. I call it molecular reconstruction. He did not need a machine that could break down. Jehovah's holy spirit made it possible for him to feed thousands.
  • The same process could replicate breathable air,
  • Of course there would be no need for a sick bay. It is possible that molecular reconstruction was employed to cure the ailing at the molecular level.
  • When he walked on water, did he change the density of the water or did he know where the rocks were? (just kidding) :D
  • Would that same ability enable one to literally move a mountain?
  • If a mountain could be moved, how about an air tight ark with everything necessary to work another pretty gem?

As you proposed, "in the pure "fun" category".

Just as a point of interest .....Netflix has these TV series for streaming:

Star Trek

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Star Trek:Voyager

Star Trek:Deep Space Nine

Star Trek:Enterprise

Star Trek: The Animated Series

As well as these movies:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Star Trek III: The Search for Spok

Star Trek Iv: The Voyage Home

Star Trek V: The Undiscovered Country

Star Trek: Generations

Star Trek: First Contact

Star Trek: Nemesis

And an 87 minute video called "Trek Nation" that is described as "Eugene Roddenberry, son of "Star Trek" creator Gene, tries to figure out why and how his father's show has touched the lives of countless viewers."

Just as a point of interest .....Netflix has these TV series for streaming:

Star Trek

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Star Trek:Voyager

Star Trek:Deep Space Nine

Star Trek:Enterprise

Star Trek: The Animated Series

As well as these movies:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Star Trek III: The Search for Spok

Star Trek Iv: The Voyage Home

Star Trek V: The Undiscovered Country

Star Trek: Generations

Star Trek: First Contact

Star Trek: Nemesis

And an 87 minute video called "Trek Nation" that is described as "Eugene Roddenberry, son of "Star Trek" creator Gene, tries to figure out why and how his father's show has touched the lives of countless viewers."

By the way, Brother John, last week I recognized the episode your avatar was taken from. It the scene where the warriors drink was introduced to Worf by Gainon. The laughter being caused by another part of the conversation. Interesting choice,  :lol:   

• 1 month later...

To all,

I hadn't check this blog for a while. You've made a number of interesting posts now. My point in

starting this thread is that if imperfect men can start us thinking on so many new and fascinating lines,

what will it really be like in the new system when we are under the authority of Jehovah God, Jesus

Christ, the New Jerusalem, and all those both ancient and modern, that Jehovah will make princes

in all the earth ? That's part of what makes all of this so fascinating to me.

GStorrs46

Me and my 5 sons are all Trekkers... I visited the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas several times before it closed... a fun thing to do... got a thrill every time!

I know, it is only science fiction, but it is fun to play sometimes :)

It closed??  Shoot!!  :crying:

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I met William Shatner in person in 1982, then he was a very cocky guy and I couldn't stand watching him on t v after that. I have a friend that is into horses too and she met him several times in the late 90's and early 2000's and she thinks he is great so he must of did some humbling out from the stories she has told me. 

Word has it that the death of his third wife in 1999 impacted him in such a way that he made many changes in his life and the way he dealt with others. It was after that experience that he turned to "horse therapy" and used riding to help him cope. That is also how he met his current wife - she too had turned to horses to help her cope.

We used to have horses. My wife had one growing up & it helped her stay grounded in the truth. She sold it to pioneer where there was a greater need. After we got custody of 2 grand children we acquired some to help them with the trauma and again, to help them stay grounded in the truth. It cost us about $60/month to feed them and it was a very nice way to work together. One of our in-laws started raising a ruckus about how foolish it was to waste so much time & money on those hay-burners & we didn't have money to burn. The heat got intense so we let them go.

One month later my dear wife was hospitalized with heart issues. The doctor said her heart seemed alright & that stress was about the only explanation. Those horses were therapy and it cost me a lot more to let them go. My boys are into video games. I think $60/ month on hay-burners is a better return on investment.

I think I would prefer a horse to a space ship. ....OR, take them with us to "boldly go where no one has gone before!"

Edited by palmhat

At one point in my life, I had several horses and I enjoyed them. So this is not meant to say anything bad about horses themselves. But, if you are considering buying and keeping horses, go out in your back yard, dig a hole and come home from work each payday and throw your money in the hole. It will save you time. :)

Edited by Musky

Typo

I loved all the star trek stuff. I just as much into Star wars the first and second trilogy. I enjoyed the animated sw series too. Can't wait for the next 3 sw movies to come out. If Jehovah's day comes first though it would be fine with me. This segment of movies Scifi are just a distraction in a world that has gone mad. We need that sometimes.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

At one point in my life, I had several horses and I enjoyed them. So this is not meant to say anything bad about horses themselves. But, if you are considering buying and keeping horses, go out in your back yard, dig a hole and come home from work each payday and through your money in the hole. It will save you time. :)

No. Not a consideration. We don't ride now, the boys are surviving, the time involved would cut into pioneering, and I can't dig a hole in my back yard without digging up a dead dog. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Almost any hobby/pass-time could be said to be a "hole to pour money down" - many say that about a boat, not just horses.

That said, we have had horses since I was 8 years old. I was raised around them and the Sister I married had one when we got married. One of my daughters has one now - the oldest three have all had horses.

Horses can cost as much as owning and using a boat, but they can also not cost that much. They eat grass that grown when it rains. They drink water, not gas like a boat. If properly cared for are seldom sick.

I guess it all depends on what price, in time and/or money, you put on whatever comfort you get from them.

Like a garden, some enjoy the process and the food while others think it is cheaper to just go to the grocery store.

Just because, for some, having things like horses or boats is like "pouring money down a hole" does not mean it is the same for all ..... and you do not have to be rich to have either one.

Almost any hobby/pass-time could be said to be a "hole to pour money down" - many say that about a boat, not just horses.

That said, we have had horses since I was 8 years old. I was raised around them and the Sister I married had one when we got married. One of my daughters has one now - the oldest three have all had horses.

Horses can cost as much as owning and using a boat, but they can also not cost that much. They eat grass that grown when it rains. They drink water, not gas like a boat. If properly cared for are seldom sick.

I guess it all depends on what price, in time and/or money, you put on whatever comfort you get from them.

Like a garden, some enjoy the process and the food while others think it is cheaper to just go to the grocery store.

Just because, for some, having things like horses or boats is like "pouring money down a hole" does not mean it is the same for all ..... and you do not have to be rich to have either one.

majQa!

• 4 months later...

My Wife and I both love the idea of traveling space. One thing for sure is after great tribulation...we will be grabbing the biggest telescope we are able to get our hands on, or learn the skills to make a better one than man can currently grind.   Traveling the solar system will do for a start for a long time though, there is so much to explore.  I would imagine that this may not be allowed until the thousand year reign has ended though. Meanwhile the earth itself has so many things to explore and study to keep us busy for a millenia.  

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.