JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

woman to be executed for "apostasy"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3605 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Sudan has a majority Muslim population, which is governed by Islamic law.

"We gave you three days to recant but you insist on not returning to Islam. I sentence you to be hanged to death," the judge told the woman, AFP reports.

Western embassies and rights groups had urged Sudan to respect the right of the pregnant woman to choose her religion.

The judge also sentenced the woman to 100 lashes after convicting her of adultery - because her marriage to a Christian man was not valid under Islamic law.

This will reportedly be carried out when she has recovered from giving birth.

WOW! What a world. I wonder who is really running things???  :D

His evil is so easily seen. I just don't understand how so many don't see it. 2 Cor 4:4

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Makes me sick. These guys are worse than the inquisition with their shiria law and garbage like this. Islamic extremists. Jehovah will show them the error of their ways.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Buuuuut, we can see where the world will see the need to get rid of all religions. It is such a shame that soo many will suffer.

Rev 17:6 says of Babylon the Great

"And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood+ of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.+"

I wonder about this woman who is about to lose her life because she refuses to recant her belief in Jesus Christ. This is a woman of principle and courage. If she has not heard the truth it can be seen that she would deserve to be resurrected and given an opportunity to learn and decide. However, if she has heard and has chosen to adhere to another form of false worship her principle and courage are wasted on false hope. Of course Jesus will judge her with a fairness beyond our eyes. Still, BtG is drunk with blood. Her wretched breath bathes one with a stench that is beyond definition. As we see the increase of atrocities we must be resolved to be as Gideon's 300 keeping on the watch and girded up for activity. I fear that many of us will pay dearly as very many already have.

Be strong, my friends.

Hold tight!

Please.

Edited by palmhat

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder about this woman who is about to lose her life because she refuses to recant her belief in Jesus Christ. This is a woman of principle and courage. If she has not heard the truth it can be seen that she would deserve to be resurrected and given an opportunity to learn and decide. However, if she has heard and has chosen to adhere to another form of false worship her principle and courage are wasted on false hope. Of course Jesus will judge her with a fairness beyond our eyes.

She is dying for her faith in Christ not a religion. How could her death be in vain? I applaud this woman's obedience to whatever she knows and not recanting her faith in the face of death. Perhaps some Muslim adherents will take a second look at Christianity and in turn recognize the only way to salvation is thru Christ.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

According to the Guardian News/U.K. May 31, 2014

Meriam Ibrahim lawyer dubious over Sudan government pledge to free her
Elshareef Ali Mohammed, of defence team for Christian woman convicted of apostasy, says only court can release his client.

(So it isn't over yet, cause its up to the court to release her and so far they have not said anything.  Oh, so looking forward when these fractions of insanity are forever removed from our mist forever!  I hope this is another reason for their destruction at G.T.)

Nine times out of ten it's men. Men who say they're the only ones right, demand that women do as they say, make rules for women as they see fit, kidnap women to force them to marry. Why are men so all fired up with absolute control over what women do.

Just me on my podium again, but you know it irks me to no end. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The finger pointing does seem to be on increase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

" Jehovah* is not slow concerning his promise,+ as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance."

----2 Peter 3:9

" Jehovah* is not slow concerning his promise,+ as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance."

----2 Peter 3:9

I understand the comments above about being destroyed during the Great Tribulation refer to false religions, as is Islam in this case.

Regarding individual members of those religions, the scripture quoted by sister Shantel is a very good reminder. But sometimes it's very difficult to keep that in mind when we see the terrible things they do. :(

I had read this report of this woman in the news before seeing it on this forum.  First, as mentioned above, I

was impressed with  her courage in view of this judicial decision which harkens back to the days of the In-

qusition. I was aware Muslims consider Christians to be "apostates", but not that at least in some lands they still

impose the death penalty. That is unbelievable.

As far as whether this woman is a real Christian, that is for Jehovah to decide. Suffice it is to say she is willing

to face the death penalty rather than recant her faith. People do not do that lightly.

Speaking in a broader context than just this woman's case, I reflected on what our brothers must face in lands

like these. With Islamic extremists, what must it be like to be a witness, attempt to covertly meet together for

meetings, or do any witnessing at all ? It must be like living under Nazi Germany, or the Soviet Union before it's

fall. We need to remember all of such brothers and sisters in our prayers that Jehovah will give them the strength

and help to endure.

GStorrs46    

I had read this report of this woman in the news before seeing it on this forum.  First, as mentioned above, I

was impressed with  her courage in view of this judicial decision which harkens back to the days of the In-

qusition. I was aware Muslims consider Christians to be "apostates", but not that at least in some lands they still

As far as whether this woman is a real Christian, that is for Jehovah to decide. Suffice it is to say she is willing

to face the death penalty rather than recant her faith. People do not do that lightly.

Speaking in a broader context than just this woman's case, I reflected on what our brothers must face in lands

like these. With Islamic extremists, what must it be like to be a witness, attempt to covertly meet together for

meetings, or do any witnessing at all ? It must be like living under Nazi Germany, or the Soviet Union before it's

fall. We need to remember all of such brothers and sisters in our prayers that Jehovah will give them the strength

and help to endure.

GStorrs46    

I understand that very much .But we must remember that wishing death upon our enemies is fleshly and is not Christlike . I haven't heard any reports of this woman reviling her enemies . (1 Peter 3:9 "Do not pay back injury for injury+ or insult for insult. Instead, repay with a blessing, for you were called to this course, so that you might inherit a blessing" )Even our Lord when facing death  asked  our  Father to "forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”

Saul ( Apostle Paul) behaved just like these men who are trying to kill this woman for Christ . (Acts 8:3 “Saul, though, began to ravage the congregation. He would invade one house after another, dragging out both men and women and turning them over to prison.”) He was misguided and belonged to another religion. Yet Jesus saw redeeming qualities in him and called him to Christianity.

You can have all the knowledge of God in the world but if you lack love for even the worst of humanity then you are not a “true” Christian. Jesus said “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35)

Love is the basic tenant of Christianity not knowledge. We should stay in prayer for all those striving to follow Christ,  JW and non JW alike.

and help to endure.

GStorrs46    

To your point ... it is apparent that  it is not only our JW brethen who are enduring tests of faith but any person declaring faith in Christ.

While it is true that we do not judge who will be saved, the scriptures make it plain that Idolaters will not inherit the Kingdom. Idolaters have the same future prospects as Homosexuals and greedy persons. Do those who worship Jesus Christ as God Almighty commit Idolatry? Jehovah has handed all judging over to Jesus. I can only speak for myself and for me to worship Jesus as God Almighty is Idolatry and would make my faith if Christ futile. All who refuse to get out of Babylon the Great, irregardless of their test of faith, will go down with her. Not our judgement but God's. Our love of neighbor should move us to help people get out of Babylon the Great for "even though they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge." Ro.10:2 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

While it is true that we do not judge who will be saved, the scriptures make it plain that Idolaters will not inherit the Kingdom. Idolaters have the same future prospects as Homosexuals and greedy persons. Do those who worship Jesus Christ as God Almighty commit Idolatry? Jehovah has handed all judging over to Jesus. I can only speak for myself and for me to worship Jesus as God Almighty is Idolatry and would make my faith if Christ futile. All who refuse to get out of Babylon the Great, irregardless of their test of faith, will go down with her. Not our judgement but God's. Our love of neighbor should move us to help people get out of Babylon the Great for "even though they have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge." Ro.10:2 

There are two sides to every judgment. Since we may  not condemn  we think we are not judging.  On the flip side to say that someone will go get everlasting life if they believe a false teaching is also to pass judgment and exonerate. It's the other side of the judgment coin and it puts us in a dangerous position before Christ. (Pr 17:15)

Jesus can  see the true heart condition, and only he knows if the requirements laid down in scripture for this life are being filled by the individual in question.

What we can say without passing judgment is that ignorance of the Christ's will--even willful ignorance--does not automatically imply everlasting death. (Lu 12:47, 48) The criteria is doing the will of God, and ultimately, it is God through Christ who makes the determination.

I try not to judge either way . I try to commit the judging of the one who has been given the authority and the ability to do it – Jesus Christ.  John 5:22.  This scripture says that even Jehovah himself judges no one – either way-  so why should we ?

Also, to say imply that this  woman worships Jesus as God Almighty is making  alot of assumptions.

There are two sides to every judgment. Since we may  not condemn  we think we are not judging.  On the flip side to say that someone will go get everlasting life if they believe a false teaching is also to pass judgment and exonerate. It's the other side of the judgment coin and it puts us in a dangerous position before Christ. (Pr 17:15)

Jesus can  see the true heart condition, and only he knows if the requirements laid down in scripture for this life are being filled by the individual in question.

What we can say without passing judgment is that ignorance of the Christ's will--even willful ignorance--does not automatically imply everlasting death. (Lu 12:47, 48) The criteria is doing the will of God, and ultimately, it is God through Christ who makes the determination.

I try not to judge either way . I try to commit the judging of the one who has been given the authority and the ability to do it – Jesus Christ.  John 5:22.  This scripture says that even Jehovah himself judges no one – either way-  so why should we ?

Also, to say imply that this  woman worships Jesus as God Almighty is making  alot of assumptions.

Don't read something into what I said that is not there. While I know of very few adherents of Christendom that do not worship Christ as God almighty, I leave the judgement of this individual up to Jesus. If they are not in danger of being destroyed, why are we preaching to them? To imply that it doesn't matter what religion you belong to as long as you believe that you are doing the will of God is not in harmony with Scripture. I believe that there is true worship and false.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Perhaps this would be better discussed under a different topic.

I didn't say that you believed that. But I apologize if I caused offense. I personally do not know of any trinitarian who worship Jesus as God Almighty.

But you are in danger of doing the very thing you are accusing me of...making an assumption.

I never said it does not matter what religion a person belongs to. I'm not sure how you got that out of anything I have said thus far.

Don't read something into what I said that is not there. While I know of very few adherents of Christendom that do not worship Christ as God almighty, I leave the judgement of this individual up to Jesus. If they are not in danger of being destroyed, why are we preaching to them? To imply that it doesn't matter what religion you belong to as long as you believe that you are doing the will of God is not in harmony with Scripture. I believe that there is true worship and false.

I just wanted to add.. I don't believe that I have said anything that is out of harmony with scripture. I'm not trying to debate either. My point intially is that there is balance that can be struck when viewing this woman's willingness to die for her faith in Christ. If knowing everything about God and Christ is a requirement for salvation then we are all doomed. She is being obedient to what she knows. Knowing everything about God and Christ is not a requirement to die for him either. We should all pray that we have similar courage to give up our lives for exercising faith in the one (Christ )who first gave his life up on our behalf.

She is dying for her faith in Christ not a religion. How could her death be in vain? I applaud this woman's obedience to whatever she knows and not recanting her faith in the face of death.

The article says she is an orthodox christian, her religion recognizes the trinity doctrine as an infallible truth, and rejects the truth of Jehovah and Jesus entirely.

Regardless of her stated faith in her god, salvation doesn't depend on faith alone, but actively following Jehovah's will.

"Faith without works is dead." (James 2:26)

"Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will." (Matthew 7:21)

"For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard?" (Romans 10:13, 14)

While the death of anyone is just another success for Satan, her sentence is spiritually no different than any other martyr. Millions have willingly sacrificed their lives for faith in their country, Allah, Odin, Zeus, "enlightenment", and practically every other belief imaginable. We don't admire the faith of those who die for demonic gods and satanic goals, so why should we feel differently about someone who is willing to die for the tri-headed Apostate monstrosity commonly referred to as "jesus"?

To your point ... it is apparent that  it is not only our JW brethen who are enduring tests of faith but any person declaring faith in Christ.

While it is true that tests are being endured by people of many faiths, it is imperitive that we keep in mind that Jesus said, "

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’", (MT 7:21-23)

My initial post was aimed at pointing out how urgent it is that we help the deceived to recognize the truth. People of admirable caliber have given their hearts to Satanic beliefs and paying the ultimate price to do so. Sincerity is not enough. The Apostle Paul was sincere and devout but Jesus told him he was kicking against the goads.  If this woman died a martyr and fired people up to stand up in favor of false worship and dig their heels in against the truth, she would be facing the business end of MT 7:21-23. Can we use this in the ministry? I'm sure there are more effective ways to use this news item and that would be good to hear on this thread.

The article says she is an orthodox christian, her religion recognizes the trinity doctrine as an infallible truth, and rejects the truth of Jehovah and Jesus entirely.

Regardless of her stated faith in her god, salvation doesn't depend on faith alone, but actively following Jehovah's will.

"Faith without works is dead." (James 2:26)

"Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will." (Matthew 7:21)

"For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard?" (Romans 10:13, 14)

While the death of anyone is just another success for Satan, her sentence is spiritually no different than any other martyr. Millions have willingly sacrificed their lives for faith in their country, Allah, Odin, Zeus, "enlightenment", and practically every other belief imaginable. We don't admire the faith of those who die for demonic gods and satanic goals, so why should we feel differently about someone who is willing to die for the tri-headed Apostate monstrosity commonly referred to as "jesus"?

I agree 100%. This is sad, BUT  as Paul stated in Romans 10:2,3  "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God,+ but not according to accurate knowledge.For because of not knowing the righteousness of God+but seeking to establish their own,+ they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God."

From an emotional standpoint we may tend to think that faith and Love is enough. But according to the scriptures, if our Faith is not based on "Accurate  Knowledge" it is in vain. Thats why accurate knowledge is so important.

Many Many people other than JWs have been willing to die for what they believe. That being said, if this woman has never had an opportunity to hear and accept the TRUTH,  she will be given that opportunity either in this world or the new world….. 

But it won't be because she was willing to die for her faith in apostate Christendom's teachings which Paul referred to as "teachings of demons" 1 Timothy 4:1-3

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

I just wanted to add.. I don't believe that I have said anything that is out of harmony with scripture. I'm not trying to debate either. My point intially is that there is balance that can be struck when viewing this woman's willingness to die for her faith in Christ. If knowing everything about God and Christ is a requirement for salvation then we are all doomed. She is being obedient to what she knows. Knowing everything about God and Christ is not a requirement to die for him either. We should all pray that we have similar courage to give up our lives for exercising faith in the one (Christ )who first gave his life up on our behalf.

This is sad, BUT  as Paul stated in Romans 10:2,3 (and other scriptures cited by Bros above)  "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God,+ but not according to accurate knowledge.For because of not knowing the righteousness of God+but seeking to establish their own,+ they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God."

From an emotional standpoint we may tend to think that faith and Love is enough. But according to the scriptures, if our Faith is not based on "Accurate  Knowledge" it is in vain. Thats why accurate knowledge is so important.

Many Many people other than JWs have been willing to die for what they believe. That being said, if this woman has never had an opportunity to hear and accept the TRUTH,  she will be given that opportunity either in this world or the new world….. 

But any opportunity Jehovah offers her won't be because she was willing to die for her faith in apostate Christendom's teachings which Paul referred to as "teachings of demons" 1 Timothy 4:1-3

Edited by pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3605 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.