JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

St Louis Archbishop Gag Didn't know sex with Children was Wrong?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3576 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

They can't be serious? He must have never read the bible to not know it was wrong. Creap.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/religion/st-louis-archbishop-didnt-know-sex-children-was-crime-n127291

Edited by Greg Dent

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

They can't be serious? He must have never read the bible to not know it was wrong. Creap.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/religion/st-louis-archbishop-didnt-know-sex-children-was-crime-n127291

im not a lawyer, but they may be going to argue that his state of mind is not well. Also even within our own organization this has happened far be it to the degree that the church has had for decades and continues. But if we put emphasis on sexual abuse on children, it can come back to hurt us. Yes it is wrong and it should be reported pronto and to the proper law enforcement authorities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is in court and trying to get off. Have fun with that. What about his own morals? Obviously he has none. THe pig

“I’m not sure whether I knew it was a crime or not,” Carlson responded. “I understand today it’s a crime.”

When asked when he first realized it was a crime for an adult — including priests — to have sex with a child, Carlson, 69, shook his head.

“I don’t remember,” he testified.

As several stated - this about not being punished (or lessening it) rather than about what he actually believes.

At least he knows it now. Maybe a few decades in prison will help. He can discuss right and wrong with the other inmates :D

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

He has been in a religion that treats pediphile priests as though they commit no wrong - move them to another parish to have a fresh crop of children to violate, that's it - no consequences - in fact, they are being rewarded for this behavior. And since Catholics know absolutely nothing about the Bible or what Jehovah loves or hates - of course he would think there was nothing wrong with what he was doing. Disgusting!!!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

See the part where they say he was scripted to say he didn't know if it was wrong? What in God's green earth is wrong with these people? Makes me sick. Just shows how totally Satan is inside this church. Is there any wonder Jehovah wants to throw all his wrath at these animals?

See the part where they say he was scripted to say he didn't know if it was wrong? What in God's green earth is wrong with these people? Makes me sick. Just shows how totally Satan is inside this church. Is there any wonder Jehovah wants to throw all his wrath at these animals?

This is why I feel Jehovah has purposely made sure that his name is not uttered by those people and is not in the so-called Bible they use.  Can you imagine the degree of blasphemy on his holy name if they hadn't removed it from their vocabulary?!!!!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D