JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Skin Care and Make Up

Yeah, sometimes I have remember to more effort into grooming beyond the simple ponytail hair style. I do make more effort to keep my skin clean and clear because I don't really wear makeup. I also keep my nails done although I can see that getting set aside as I get tied up with making my annual requirement.

This weekend I want to try a galaxy manicure that I saw on YouTube.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Yeah, sometimes I have remember to more effort into grooming beyond the simple ponytail hair style. I do make more effort to keep my skin clean and clear because I don't really wear makeup. I also keep my nails done although I can see that getting set aside as I get tied up with making my annual requirement.

This weekend I want to try a galaxy manicure that I saw on YouTube.

Show me after you make it!!

:bouncing:

I am not a nail person, although I do paint them once in a while, I prefer to keep them plain and short. I like my toenails painted, though.

I saw salicylic acid mentioned above, which I think is good for warts and age spots.

As for skin tags, a few years ago I cut the ones on my neck off with scissors. But it can be painful and they bleed. It's also not a good idea if the tag is on your eye! :)

• 3 months later...

What is best to use on dry skin during the winter? It's freezing cold outside and the knuckles on my hands always crack and bleed...

I'm not sure I have an answer for you ... Well, no where here in Indonesia is gonna make my hands like yours... What about hand cream?

Edited by ivy

What is best to use on dry skin during the winter? It's freezing cold outside and the knuckles on my hands always crack and bleed...

It can be very hard to keep hands hydrated during the daytime (especially for women) because of all the cleaning, cooking and laundry we do during the day among many other things so your best bet will be to take special care of your hands at night. Buy pair of light cotton gloves (like at a beauty supply store) and get a heavier hand cream than your normal day to day stuff (something with aloe or shea butter in it for healing too) put the hand cream on before you go to bed and wear the gloves to keep it in your hands and not on the pillowcase or sheets. Try this for a week and see if you notice any differrence.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

You can also use corona lanolin ointment, it has nothing to do with beer. lol Use the same glove method at night as Brigette said. The corona is mainly lanolin which is the fat from sheep, it is very thick but works well. I use it on my heals this time of year because they are awful. 

It can be very hard to keep hands hydrated during the daytime (especially for women) because of all the cleaning, cooking and laundry we do during the day among many other things so your best bet will be to take special care of your hands at night. Buy pair of light cotton gloves (like at a beauty supply store) and get a heavier hand cream than your normal day to day stuff (something with aloe or shea butter in it for healing too) put the hand cream on before you go to bed and wear the gloves to keep it in your hands and not on the pillowcase or sheets. Try this for a week and see if you notice any differrence.

Can I use this method to make my ahands extra soft?

Sure! But, not in a short time... I need to do shopping for it... Yay! Shopping!  :uhhuh:

Ivy, you are absolutely adorable! I remember a time when I loved shopping too! Keep the joy my sister - someday we may be "shopping" together!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

By the way, mash up the avacado and spread it all over your face.  Can mix it with some honey too.  Bring some chips in the bathroom with you when you take it off (haha!)

That's a way t o warm-up the avocado!  :lol:

• 2 months later...