JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gas & Food prices are going going gone......awwwwwww

May your Kingdom Come Jehovah! (sick and tired)

$5.00 a gallon for Gasoline by Summer.....

A denarius for a loaf of bread..........

don't know if it's just in the USA....... ........but it sure is getting old.....

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, that is the theme of the new District Convention. I can't wait. Ours is July 8-10. Only 18 more weeks / 126 day to go.:taz:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

It's $3.49 per gallon here in Warren. I know the west coast is a bit higher. If they are going to do that, they should raise the minimum wage. Hard to drive 20+ miles roundtrip for $7.40 per hour, and support a family of four.

For a nation already feeling the pinch, a stark double warning: Food and fuel bills to rocket

UN report revealed rises in bread, pasta, breakfast cereal, dairy and meat prices are on the horizon

Government analysts have suggested oil prices could double from $80 a barrel last year to $160 this year

Families face massive rises in fuel and food costs, ministers warned last night.

A catastrophic 1970s-style oil price spike is on the cards while the price of supermarket basics continues to soar.

Vince Cable said the twin threat puts the economic recovery at risk and piles pressure on struggling households.

headlines from a paper over in the UK

I have to say dear 'Stateside' brothers and sisters, that we overe here in Europe/UK seem to suffer much higher prices and would jump at the chance to pay your prices. I last bought fuel about a fortnight ago and they were then speaking of a pending increase of 10p/litre from £1.29 to £1.39 for unleaded fuel. I did some working out (because I was chatting to a sister from Canada at the time, I worked with Canadian Dollars and UK Sterling) and here is how Canadian prices compare with UK:

Canadian Dollars to GBP $1 = 0.631231417

GBP to Canadian Dollars £1 = 1.58420505

$1.22/litre works out at 77p/litre

£1.29/litre = $2.04 (£5.86 gallon = $9.28 gallon)

£1.39/litre = $2.20 (£6.31 gallon = $10.00 gallon)

I don't know if Anniebea is paying for her fuel in Euros or Sterling, so I can't compare that one.

Just remember 2 things brothers and sisters:

1) 'So, having sustenance and covering, we shall be content with these things' 1 Tim 6:8

' and

2) “In the mountain of Jehovah it will be provided.” Gen 22:14

South Africa

R8.80/litre or R42.55/gal(us) which if I have it right makes $6.19/gal right now. 2 years ago it was almost double that.

Put that into perspective with a loaf of sliced white bread here is R9.00 which is $1.305

But put that into another perspective. The minimum wage here is $195 per month.

1) 'So, having sustenance and covering, we shall be content with these things' 1 Tim 6:8

What really is sustenance and Covering?

where I live there is no public transportation, A car is manditory to get to work, to the hall (the hall is 25 miles away) going out in service etc..

without gasoline, and a vehicle i might add ....we can do neither of these things.

would a housing/place to live be considered sustenance? --If it is that is also very expensive. (or do we have to start camping out in the wilderness)

Food- is also very expensive and requires money-another sustenance.

Again I ask what really is sustenance and covering? and yes, I would be very contend with the above necessity.

This is not a matter of wanting to drive fancy cars, and travel the world, and eat at expensive resturants.

what was sustenane and Covering back in early christian times, is certainly different in our times. (we certainly seem to be at a disadvantage here)

Growth Demands Change!

I have to say dear 'Stateside' brothers and sisters, that we overe here in Europe/UK seem to suffer much higher prices and would jump at the chance to pay your prices.

niceguy, sounds like you are saying that you don't feel we have a ligitimate reason to complain or be conerned....

you lost 3 fingers and we have only lost 2 so therefore we have no need to feel pain and should be happy......

it's not nice to minimize what others are going through.....

not offended, just making a point:chinese:

Growth Demands Change!

Sustenance is Food... http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/1305.htm

Covering is http://strongsnumbers.com/greek/4629.htm

But our situation is really about prophecies : food is expensive, and 2010 was a very harsh year about food production... 2011 is going to be hard.

But...

But...

"Jehovah-Yireh"... if you know what i mean :shifty:

i didn't see graham's comment as being offensive. he was just stating the facts. fascinating, actually. and yes, our faith in Jehovah is what will sustain us during these last days. things are definitely going to become more difficult.

thank you, graham, for putting those numbers into perspective! we are up to about $4.00 a gallon here on the coast of california.

i think for service arrangements we are now going to have to be more efficient in our working the territory and making our return visits. also, make sure whoever drives gets donations to help with the gas.

pray incessantly, dear brothers. the end is near!

Regular gasoline by us is 3.40 a gallon. I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in Texas. I could deal with the high price of gas if we had some sort of public transportation down here, but we have nothing. No trains, buses, no subway system, you have to drive everywhere you go. It's frustrating.

I have to say dear 'Stateside' brothers and sisters, that we overe here in Europe/UK seem to suffer much higher prices and would jump at the chance to pay your prices. I last bought fuel about a fortnight ago and they were then speaking of a pending increase of 10p/litre from £1.29 to £1.39 for unleaded fuel. I did some working out (because I was chatting to a sister from Canada at the time, I worked with Canadian Dollars and UK Sterling) and here is how Canadian prices compare with UK:

Canadian Dollars to GBP $1 = 0.631231417

GBP to Canadian Dollars £1 = 1.58420505

$1.22/litre works out at 77p/litre

£1.29/litre = $2.04 (£5.86 gallon = $9.28 gallon)

£1.39/litre = $2.20 (£6.31 gallon = $10.00 gallon)

I don't know if Anniebea is paying for her fuel in Euros or Sterling, so I can't compare that one.

Just remember 2 things brothers and sisters:

' and

2) “In the mountain of Jehovah it will be provided.” Gen 22:14

Isn't a fortnight 14 days? My gas tank lasts about 6 days, so while we are paying less per each fill up, I think in the US our gas does not last as long as maybe yours does. I can't imagine going 14 days between fillups, that would be great.

Do you have any public transportation where you live? Where I live, there is absolutely no trains, buses or subway system. We have to drive everywhere which is why we go through so much gas.

don't know if it's just in the USA.......

It seems we all have different circumstances. And yet, as can be seen by the various comments so far, we are all feeling the same effect of these last days. So, everything is relative. If we're in the 'best' parts or 'worst' parts of this world, nothing compares to what you said below

May your Kingdom Come Jehovah! .....

quite right!

Maybe it's better we stop comparing our situations with that of our brothers. Could be someone else could really make us ashamed by describing theirs if they felt that way inclined. Anyway, Jerry's going to have cold chocolate shakes waiting for everyone... no sorry...thats BBQ steaks... for everyone on the nearest mountain top.

don't know if it's just in the USA.......

It seems we all have different circumstances. And yet, as can be seen by the various comments so far, we are all feeling the same effect of these last days. So, everything is relative. If we're in the 'best' parts or 'worst' parts of this world, nothing compares to what you said below

May your Kingdom Come Jehovah! .....

quite right!

Maybe it's better we stop comparing our situations with that of our brothers. Could be someone else could really make us ashamed by describing theirs if they felt that way inclined. Anyway, Jerry's going to have cold chocolate shakes waiting for everyone... no sorry...thats BBQ steaks... for everyone on the nearest mountain top.

so very true! i was waiting in a ridiculously long line yesterday at the drug store. there was only one clerk. i had just spent 2 long days moving my elderly mother into an UPSTAIRS apartment. it was raining, i was tired and my blood sugar was dropping. i was so frustrated standing there waiting for my turn. suddenly, i thought of the news of the hundreds of thousands of people standing at the border crossing in tunisia and i realized how very blessed i was! imagine if there was NO GAS! remember the '70's when we had gas rationing?

keep positive and keep encouraging one another and we can survive this defunct system! it is going down! now is the time to 'close ranks', dear brothers!

It actually makes finding the fuel to go on service hard.....ours is 1.48 per litre..whatever that is in gallons :(

If I did my math right annibea is paying $4.00628298653944 per gallon US

1.48 per liter

1 gal = 3.78541178 liters

1 dollar = .7151 euro

1.48 X 3.78541178 X .7151 = $4.00628298653944 per gallon US

I would say that you are getting a good deal Micah if you are only paying $3.39 per gallon.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Regular gasoline by us is 3.40 a gallon. I'm in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area in Texas. I could deal with the high price of gas if we had some sort of public transportation down here, but we have nothing. No trains, buses, no subway system, you have to drive everywhere you go. It's frustrating.

same here, and we do not have access to a kingdom hall during the week so we meet at different brother and sisters home, so I basically have to drive each day to the different homes to meet for service meeting... and our hall is 25miles away. Hopefully we will be getting a new hall sometime this year, one that is closer to our area.

not complaining just stating the facts.

Growth Demands Change!