JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

President Obama is being sued by John Boehner

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3583 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Présidents are like Popes, they don't do time, no matter what the "crime". 

Sounds like a publicity stunt to draw attention to the ongoing shift away from the powers of congress (something that has been happening progressively in America since 9-11) which traditionally is there to balance the Présidential powers.  I don't think people in general or the American people in particular are paying much attention to anything except "American Idol" or the latest Disney film, so I don't see this as having much effect on public awareness of what is happening to their constitution.

I think the moves to a centralization of real decision making is something we can expect given the dramatic changes scriptures predict for our near future... like I always say "interesting times we are living in"

Exactly!  It's not like it comes out of Obama's pocket.  Shows a lack of respect though which isn't good.  I didn't even realize until now that it was possible to sue the President.  Wonder how many people will jump on this bandwagon!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

What I find interesting is what is happening in Iraq and Syria these days with the group known as ISIS or ISIL.  They are attempting to establish a modern-day caliphate, and if I have been hearing correctly, they are not interested in stopping at the borders of Syria or Iraq.  They want to achieve something on a global scale.  This is something the West may have to deal with sooner than later.

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

Yes, they want to wipe out the Shite Muslims too I think.  They consider them apostate Muslims and all deserving of death.  (I get the Shite and Suni terms mixed up) They said on NPR that they are much more brutal and blood thirsty than Al Quada.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

What I find interesting is what is happening in Iraq and Syria these days with the group known as ISIS or ISIL.  They are attempting to establish a modern-day caliphate, and if I have been hearing correctly, they are not interested in stopping at the borders of Syria or Iraq.  They want to achieve something on a global scale.  This is something the West may have to deal with sooner than later.

I like how you said that west have to do with ISIS soon or latter. I agree and most likely it is the west because that side of the world is in a quagmire. And when they in troube the go to the west. What most people don't understand is most of the west is the Anglo-American power.

I recall hearing some counsel from the platform, at an assembly, that we shouldn't even be wasting precious time on wondering what is going on with these gov'ts. We know from Jehovah's Word, where this is all going. So, a word of caution is necessary here, as Satan is watching what you are saying, how you are spending your time, and can use that to "turn your head"! Not only Satan, but you know who.

Please be careful!

I appreciate part of the wisdom of Peggy's comment. Interestingly, this news clip is from my hometown

news source channel 9, and Boehner is our local congressman. As Speaker of the House, he has been

on capital hill since 1991. He helped lead Congress this past fall in the stalemate over Healthcare that

lead to the government shutdown. He is a powerful voice in Congress and he loves to grandstand and

have his voice heard, all in the name " of the people" of course. He is a strong Roman Catholic, having

attended popular local Catholic schools. He has even invited Pope Francis to address Congress. So

while it I wise not to be drawn into the political speculation or debate about the appropriateness of

some of Obama's policies for which he has leveled this lawsuit, it is just one more thing we can watch

and note as we keep track of worldwide developements as these last days drawn to their close.

GStorrs46

I recall hearing some counsel from the platform, at an assembly, that we shouldn't even be wasting precious time on wondering what is going on with these gov'ts. We know from Jehovah's Word, where this is all going. So, a word of caution is necessary here, as Satan is watching what you are saying, how you are spending your time, and can use that to "turn your head"! Not only Satan, but you know who.

Please be careful!

I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about current events.  We need to know what is going on in order to be able to discuss subjects that are on minds of the people we call on.  People do watch the news and are concerned about these things.  Even the GB keeps an eye on the news and provides us with articles on world events and questions where things might be heading.  I don't call this wasting precious time.

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I don't think there is anything wrong with talking about current events. We need to know what is going on in order to be able to discuss subjects that are on minds of the people we call on. People do watch the news and are concerned about these things. Even the GB keeps an eye on the news and provides us with articles on world events and questions where things might be heading. I don't call this wasting precious time.

not being argumentative, but I agree. We cannot keep our head in the sand, but we need to be aware what is happening. Otherwise we cannot converse with others on current events and possibly bring them into the truth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always just shake my head and laugh when it comes to politics. Things like this make me think of Jesus's words a house divided against itself can't stand, they'll never be able to come close to accomplishing anything. Makes you so thankful to be in such a wonderful organization.