JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brothers how do you keep your new personality and tact That time of the month?

I never thought of it as suffering ..... Actually, I will have to say that around my house, unless I ask, I never realize when that time rolls around - it doesn't seem to be an overwhelming problem here.

Now, before you speculate that, perhaps I am a bachelor, I will confess - I have a wife and four daughters. I have even picked up their "supplies" when I was at the store.

I was raised in a family with a mother and a sister, so "that time of the month" is not new to me. Then, with my wife, we had four daughters .... the oldest is 32 and the youngest is 24 ..... and three of the four still live at home, so I have had vast amounts of experience living with "that time of the month" -  and it is not now nor has it ever been a "trial" for me because my girls have never made it one ...... Thank Jehovah for small favors!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I can feel for sisters that have a problem with emotions around that time. I do feel that some use it as an excuse for being a snot face. I know of one or two that use it to go right off the deep end on their husbands and kids. Is all an act to make them feel bad.  If you have that hard of a time you have to do that then go on the pill to regulate your hormones better. Otherwise stop it.

I do know that it can be difficult but there is no excuse for being abusive to your family. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I can feel for sisters that have a problem with emotions around that time. I do feel that some use it as an excuse for being a snot face. I know of one or two that use it to go right off the deep end on their husbands and kids. Is all an act to make them feel bad.  If you have that hard of a time you have to do that then go on the pill to regulate your hormones better. Otherwise stop it.

I do know that it can be difficult but there is no excuse for being abusive to your family. 

How can you possibly know that the sisters are using it as an excuse to be a snot face? This sounds very judgmental to me. IMO

The pill does not help in all cases and YOU can have no idea what a woman goes through if she suffers with problems with her period. Even doctors are stymied by some of the issues during this time. 

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Greg...

Interesting comments.. Where angels fear to tread.. ;)

But on the empathy scale of 0 to 10 that is about a minus 5..

I am sure that is your opinion but unless you have been blessed by walking in someone else's shoes or have some empirical data .. It is an opinion you should probably keep to yourself .. You may not mean it .. But it comes across as pretty harsh..

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

READING BETWEEN THE LINES;-)

I think what Greg was saying is he understands our plight but perhaps we could put in more effort to conciously and prayerfully keep our "words seasoned with salt" at all times ESPECIALLY during PMS.

I think one way is tracking the times the hormones go all over. There is a nice App for it with a timer. So we know like a pressure cooker when the steam is going to blow out and prepare for it any way we can.

WOW!

I can't believe you wrote this.  Go on the pill?!?!  The pill is not a cure all and it also has other side effects and cause problems for many women, so it's not a solution.

Also, there are very severe forms of PMS which may be what some of these women you mention may have, it's called PMDD.  Also if a woman is suffering from depression or other emotional issues, when she has PMS, that will just make her more miserable during this time.

And yes, there may be a woman here and there who use it as an excuse to go off on their husbands, and that is not right, I agree.  You imply that this is something many women are doing, and I have to say to you, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

As far as being abusive to their husbands, hmm, maybe the husband is mentally or emotionally abusive to the wife and she is just responding in kind.  

Ok, my vent is over, lol.  That being said, I will forgive you for your comments.  I am sure you had no intention of coming off harsh and judgmental.  You really though shouldn't assume these things about women..  You may think she is acting one way, but you may be really, really wrong.  

Edited by ava

I think one way is tracking the times the hormones go all over. There is a nice App for it with a timer. So we know like a pressure cooker when the steam is going to blow out and prepare for it any way we can.

Sadly, many women are not regular and these app's don't work for them.

Honestly, before my "little surgery" I was a completely different woman than I am now. That little body part has an amazing- incredible- off the charts effect on our bodies. In absolutely every nook and cranny of our bodies. When I posted here the chart of 5 days (I think it was) before our cycle then after ward it was so accurate it's a bit scary. We are CONTROLLED by what that body part demands from us. Just like you men are dictated to by your body part.(  :wacko: Pffftt, I'm SOO not going there!) Some women have a negative result from the "little surgery" but many of us come out of it breathing a huge sigh of relief. I can say I FEEL the difference from what my body part did to me. I have a freedom of thought now I never had before, I'm balanced and reasonable and super easy to get along with, IMO, but don't ask Lew cause he may have a different opinion! Seriously I've commented to many that "now I know what it's like to be a man, less emotion". And it's something I wouldn't trade for anything.

There is NOTHING a woman can do when she's hormonizing, aside from recognizing she's going into that time and find simple ways to avoid the triggers that'll make her go off. That was how I handled it. When she says "don't talk to me" don't try to push her, turn around and walk away and be grateful she warned you. 

Oh dear, I said that then thought of Greg, sadly I have to eat some of my words of men being less emotional. OK, I'm a little bit wrong on that one! 

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Hey Hey sorry just venting a tad I guess sorry guys. I have had sisters in my wife's presence say out loud that i was that time and knew hey were going o go off the deep end on everyone. Like they planned on it every month. Was so ridiculous. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Amazing .. All the Christian qualities we can learn here...:)

Greg you are a wise man .. Well done ... Be careful though .. the target on your back takes awhile for it to fade.. Lol ;)

And some have an itchy trigger finger...;)

:):)

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Though I cannot speak for ANY woman, as I am not one, I will have to step in for "part" of Greg's comment. When he said, "I do feel that some use it as an excuse for being a snot face", he did indicate that it was a "feeling", not fact. He also said "some", and I am sure he was referring to "some" he actually knows - and, unless we know those exact women, we cannot jump to any more conclusions about their medical situation then he can.

That said, let's put the shoes on both feet - while it is true that men can have NO IDEA of what women actually experience during this, or any, time of the month ..... likewise, women cannot have any idea of how different things affect men. But I have heard just as many sisters make generalizations about men and their reactions to things as I have heard brothers comment when it comes to "that time of the month".

I have indeed seen/heard just as many sister make comments like "hey, it's that time of the month" when they are trying to excuse conduct that even they acknowledged was unacceptable as I have heard brothers use the excuse "hey, I am just  man" when they also act in a way they knew they should not have.

Suffice it to say, aren't we glad that the 144,000 were chosen from among both sexes and various ages from people that had the same medical issues that many of us have - and because of that, we are assured that those ones WILL and CAN understand how we all feel and tick.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~