JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wow all Morals are Dead "Judge says incest is no longer Taboo"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3563 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Adam and Eve were the first humans created so, in order to fulfil their assignment of filling the earth, their first few children had no option other than to marry their direct siblings. Then, Jehovah arranged for four human couples to survive the flood, thereby negating the need for direct siblings to marry. The children of Noah's children would be cousins. Further children of Noah would be of similar age to the children of Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and could thus select a partner from there.

Hi Niall, I had never thought that point about Noah's sons. Thanks!

Adam's genes were almost perfect. The first generations of humankind lived well over nine hundred years. It seems they could father children even at very advanced ages, and the Bible doesn't say anything about sickness. It seems they were much healthier than we are. In the approximately 1600 years that passed from Adam to the time of the Flood, surely some genetic errors, mutations, entered human ADN, people became less and less healthy. We don't know if there were other factors involved, but we know for sure that Noah's sons lived around six hundred years. The next generations lived 400, 300 and soon less than 100 years, as we do today. So marriage between close relatives, which would have been virtually harmless in the time of Adam and Eve, may have posed a real risk by the time of Noah.

I don't have any desire to marry any of my sisters in the new world :) , I just say genetic proximity, which is the reason why those unions were forbidden, will not be a problem anymore.